Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your Blur!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Sniped by my arch Blur nemesis again. Gonna hunt that guy down and roll him I tell yas!

lol.. Which Blur was it this time?

LOL that grey on the auction site went for over 270 last night

Wowzers! .....So my $370 record for the ANN still stands lol

Quote Originally Posted by nwmetalbug View Post
    LOL that grey on the auction site went for over 270 last night
    I havent even been checking the bay any more, pisses me off and disappoints me at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BobSig View Post
    I havent even been checking the bay any more, pisses me off and disappoints me at the same time.
    I did watch that auction and I'm just about at the same point Bob. Maybe I can commission Chester to sell things for me? The stuff I sell doesn't go for half the prices he's been getting!

^Sounds good to me... The bay is one weird place

Quote Originally Posted by chester22 View Post
    ^Sounds good to me... The bay is one weird place
    It is that! You did make a very good point in another post (I think it was you) when you commented about auctions that end in the middle of a normal workday instead of a weekend evening or something and wouldn't be as conveniently available for maximum potential buyers. I've made that mistake before. I didn't calculate the ending date or time very well (or at all) and only had myself to blame when it ended at a lower price than I expected. Live and learn, but great advice!

Quote Originally Posted by jimw451 View Post
    It is that! You did make a very good point in another post (I think it was you) when you commented about auctions that end in the middle of a normal workday instead of a weekend evening or something and wouldn't be as conveniently available for maximum potential buyers. I've made that mistake before. I didn't calculate the ending date or time very well (or at all) and only had myself to blame when it ended at a lower price than I expected. Live and learn, but great advice!
    Sucks for us being on the "right" coast because you gotta stay up till about midnight or pay extra to "schedule" a starting time for it to end when the left coasters will be looking at auctions. Of course that one ended at about 20 after 6 in the morning and I couldn't drag myself out of bed quite that early so I figured I'd bid more than I figured it'd go for and hope nobody else got up that early too. lol

I just bought my first Blur...the 420HC model. It seemed kind of cool that they made one in that steel. I'm not sure if I'll use it, but it feels good to have my Blur-cherry popped with that one, since it's the one that's actually interested me the most. I will soon post pictures of my awesome Blur collection!

"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"
    -A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by jimw451 View Post
    I only have 2 in stock and they are currently not for sale I have however been spreading the love and links on locations lately. Good karma? I hope so
    You've redeemed yourself with me with that blue smoke Breakout you pointed me to. I've given up Blur chasing and have almost got every color of Breakout. I'm still desperate for a blue one.

I have been trying to find another 1670RDST though. Once they were discontinued they disappeared very quickly and now I can't find one. Lots of plain edge out there though.
    Wanted: Kershaw Blue Breakout 7000BL, Kershaw First Production Skyline, Buck 651 Intruder Pig Sticker, Benchmade 740 Dejavoo

Private electronic telegraph sent your way Kyle.

Out of curiousity, Those of you who have or had more than one Burnt Orange Blur, have you noticed a difference in the shade of orange between them. Mine is close to a copper color (which I love) but some of the pictures I am seeng look more orange to me. Is this just the camera / lighting used or is there actually lighter and darker color variations?

Last edited by bad_juju; 09-06-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Pictures!

RE: BOR color - I guess I've never had mine side by side to compare them. I'll have to dig them both out of their box now and see how they compare.

Mine is closer to copper than orange

Mine have that same quality where they look copper or more orange depending on the light and angle. They appear copper colored but usually photograph as more orange. The purple does this also, looks more like a dark neon pink than purple depending on the light. The green as well, looks more lime than forest green. I think it has to do with how they finish the aluminum, the amount of polish to the metal as well as if it is "bright dipped" using something like Multi-Etch, and how long it is anodized -- all creating different pore size and density which change how the color is taken up and the glossiness of the final product.
    Wanted: Kershaw Blue Breakout 7000BL, Kershaw First Production Skyline, Buck 651 Intruder Pig Sticker, Benchmade 740 Dejavoo

Which green are you talking? O.D. or snapon lime cf?

The lime has more of that color changing gloss sheen than the OD. But the OD does look a little more brown in some lights than green like a true OD does. But that is probably more the color itself than the metal finish or anodizing. I'll see if I can find anything out from a guy I talk to occasionally that does anodizing. Here are some of the Bumps they have done. He said they also do a lot of work for Leupold.
    bumps.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by oregonknifenerd View Post
    The lime has more of that color changing gloss sheen than the OD. But the OD does look a little more brown in some lights than green like a true OD does. But that is probably more the color itself than the metal finish or anodizing. I'll see if I can find anything out from a guy I talk to occasionally that does anodizing. Here are some of the Bumps they have done. He said they also do a lot of work for Leupold.
    bumps.jpg
    Why are there so many bumps in that color? I thought there were only 3?

No idea. I haven't even seen those in photos of T Dubz secret stash. They must be in someones private collection. Possibly someone T Dubz gave them to or maybe one of the guys that does the anodizing.

Page 27 of 96 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread Information