Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kershaw Cryo?

Kershaw Cryo?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Does anyone know anything about this knife? Saw a pic someone posted in the ZT561 discussion of this new Kershaw "Cryo" in a magazine. Tried searching for it, but not much info. Would love to work that one into the list of must have's.

Thought I'd throw the image from the other thread in here to give people a reference:

On a side note:
    I MUST HAVE THIS KNIFE RIGHT NOW!!! Also, a bit of speculation: The clip screw holes look almost like they are spaced wide enough to accommodate a deep carry clip...!
    Last edited by IRZ28; 12-12-2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a link to the thread/post where I got the image...

Oooooooo. Me likey. Prepare the weapons, nuke the budget!

Since there seems to be no info on this knife, what magazine is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Since there seems to be no info on this knife, what magazine is that?
    Not sure.... No mention of that in the "original post" (from the Flipper thread) although that poster says he got it from another thread as well, but I haven't been able to find that one...

So the frame lock is steel? I'm unfamiliar with kershaw frame locks, is this precedented?

Blade magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenthesuave View Post
    So the frame lock is steel? I'm unfamiliar with kershaw frame locks, is this precedented?
    The Leek has a steel framelock

Quote Originally Posted by mongomondo View Post
    The Leek has a steel framelock
    Doh! I should have known. The only leek I've used was a g10 model with the liner lock. Thanks for the reply.

Looks like it might even be one of their lower-priced offerings and made overseas. Gonna be a great seller for sure, and with what looks like 4-position carry no less.

Does anybody have info on release date?

+1 on hoping for a deep carry pocket clip.
    +1 for probably inexpensive (not a ZT).
    +1 on I getting it either way.

I'm not a huge fan of 8Cr13MoV but I LOVE the design. It's like a smaller 550/551.

Blog Entries
    Gonna be getting at least two of these. Should be affordable being that its 8cr steel. love the design! And the size is nice too. Just kind of wish they did a G10/ steel frame instead of full steel.
    EDIT: Just did some searching, looks like these will be going for just at $30!
    Last edited by DrOpPoInT1110; 12-02-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added price

I'm pumped, trying to find a release date....

Looks interesting and the price isn't bad either. I saw the picture of it on Facebook too.

Clip screws look pretty far apart for a standard clip.... Hopefully it's not something silly.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    Clip screws look pretty far apart for a standard clip.... Hopefully it's not something silly.
    Some of us are thinking they're spaced like that to accommodate a deep-carry clip, like the one on the Kershaw RJI would be my guess.

I hope to see another collaboration thats similar to this but with 14C28 steel, g10 on non framelock side, and for it to be big(3.75-4 inch blade). But otherwise, the Cryo looks awesome and I hope they come out soon.

Here is my hope: That this very knife becomes my new edc work knife. I currently beat the daily tar out of my Ontario RAT folder and it keeps asking for more. Granted that I have to sharpen it all the time, but that is like cleaning your guns for me. Then, I hope it turns into a "Leek" like run with various colors, blades, G-10 scales, etc....... I am trying to get caught up on the Skylines, I have a blur that I sent to mister Krein, but due to cost, could never catch up collecting them. I have a Leek, but the tip would last about 3 seconds at work and there are too many to try and catch up on the collection. Soooo, the Cryo could be the first of many I could collect in a series. VERY excited about this one and the Skylines. Would still love another Blur though. Maybe Brown, Green, or Orange. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    +1 on the silly. Plain simple black and deep carry are what it needs.

At least that is what I like.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information