Thread: My latest two sheaths.

My latest two sheaths.

ADVERTISEMENT
    These are both personal sheaths. It appears I had a few knives floating about to make sheaths for. You know what they say about the barber's kids...

This is an Adventure Sworn Bushcraft:

This is a ML Customized Bird and Trout:

I am always a bit self conscious posting here - but I like to get feedback - so I post them up. Any comments or criticisms welcome.

TF

I have yet to do any leather work but your stitches are even and straight and your edges are very nicely burnished. Clean and simple looks great!

I really like both of them. They remind me of something a friend once said when I asked him why he preferred building Shaker furniture over other styles. He said that the simplicity of the designs challenged him to do his absolute best work because any mistakes would be very obvious. The superb workmanship really shows up in these pieces.

Outstanding, per usual, Tal.

Really loving the first one, outstanding job

Quote Originally Posted by Skystorm View Post
    Really loving the first one, outstanding job
    It has always been my dream to have an authentic Ray Mears / Alan Wood Woodlore, with sheath and dangler. But as there is a 10 year waiting list and they are ridiculously priced - that was not going to happen.

Cody at Adventure Sworn made me an awesome knife - and I did the best I could to make the sheath authentic. It was fun - and I am REALLY happy to be able to carry the knife on my hip now.

TF

Outstanding work TF!! As my many mentors have stated over and over again, "Through simplicity, comes complexity" This I have heard over and over again, the simpler a design, the easier it is to see the flaws. You did good my friend.
    www.armoralleather.com Dwayne Puckett

Quote for the week: Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde.

Armoralleather Forum on BF! click me!

Quote Originally Posted by leatherman View Post
    Outstanding work TF!! As my many mentors have stated over and over again, "Through simplicity, comes complexity" This I have heard over and over again, the simpler a design, the easier it is to see the flaws. You did good my friend.
    Totally agree, well done
    brent

Quote Originally Posted by leatherman View Post
    It is tough man - I have gotten a lot better over the last year or so - but all I see are the flaws. The second sheath has a thumb nail mark in it, for instance, so when I see the pictures - that is all I see.

It isn't a matter of poor self esteem or anything - it is like a artist that is never happy with their work.

TF

Quote Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
    It is tough man - I have gotten a lot better over the last year or so - but all I see are the flaws. The second sheath has a thumb nail mark in it, for instance, so when I see the pictures - that is all I see.

It isn't a matter of poor self esteem or anything - it is like a artist that is never happy with their work.

TF
    I thought you photo shopped all your pix, how'd you miss that??

Shut up Rayban!!!!

TF

Very well executed custom sheathwork,awesome!

Thread Information