Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tobacco medium bi fold weekly wear pics.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Yea its very stiff. After 3 weeks mine has begun to shape itself to my butt but its still stiff. I dont mind it at all though. The money slot where bills go, holds the bills really tight. Get some pics up!

Boss your stuff looks great, im gonna have to get an id wallet or something in coffee brown.

Ill have a 3rd week pic up tomorrow!

Week 3. Wearin my boots today.

Is that a shoulder on the left side or is it really starting to darken??
    --"Those willing to give up a little bit of freedom for a little bit of security, deserve neither"-- Roughly quoted Ben Franklin

Theres a little bit of a shoulder there that causing it to darken nicely in that spot. Here is a pic i just took directly under light with no shadows. This is with no mink oil or any type of leather conditioner.

Your wallet is aging very well. BTW, great idea for a thread, (and nice lookin' boots, too)!

Thanks! I love my Luchesse boots!

Hey simplespeed if this has been asked I am sorry but I didn't see it. How well do your cards stay in place? I have been really interested in the medium bi fold and yours has been making me really want one. I have only been hanging back because I have a pretty nice fossil which I like; its one issue is that the cards can fall out pretty easily.

Anyone with this wallet want to chip in some advice/opinions that would be nice.

Really nice pictures simplespeed, they are making things quite complicated and aren't helping my current cash amount.

The wallet will be stiff once you receive it. As far as your cards falling out....won't happen. You will be able to put two to three cards in each slot if you desire.

I would agree with BossHog. I received my medium bi-fold last week and don't see that being an issue at all. Even though I only have 1 card in each slot they're in there nice and solid.

The only way I can foresee having that issue is if you put several cards in each slot, causing the leather to stretch and conform, and later put less cards in each slot. However, this would be true of any leather wallet, not unique to Saddleback.

Oh, and just go ahead and order one already. You'll do it eventually anyways and might as well start enjoying it now

Its not an issue at all. I only have one card in each slot but they are in there nice and tight.

Quote Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
    The wallet will be stiff once you receive it. As far as your cards falling out....won't happen. You will be able to put two to three cards in each slot if you desire.
    Sounds good, I do like my fossil wallet but how soft it has always been (especially now it is broken in) and how easy the cards can come out makes me want something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCMI View Post
    I would agree with BossHog. I received my medium bi-fold last week and don't see that being an issue at all. Even though I only have 1 card in each slot they're in there nice and solid.

The only way I can foresee having that issue is if you put several cards in each slot, causing the leather to stretch and conform, and later put less cards in each slot. However, this would be true of any leather wallet, not unique to Saddleback.

Oh, and just go ahead and order one already. You'll do it eventually anyways and might as well start enjoying it now
    Alright makes sense, would be nice to not have to worry about my cards coming out, plus since I don't carry much the 3 slots per side would be nice.

I definitely may, seems too good to pass up.
    Quote Originally Posted by simplespeed View Post
    Its not an issue at all. I only have one card in each slot but they are in there nice and tight.
    Good to know, especially since I probably would only put 1 maybe 2 cards per slot.

Thanks guys for all the help, do keep posting pictures; really digging the Tobacco color.

cool thread
    been looking to get one, subscribed

Week 4. Meeting a buddy at a local pub tonight for a few brews.

Looks better now than when it was new!

Week 5. Im loving this wallet, its awesome and iv gotten a few compliments when i pull it out. Also included is mycurrent daily zt0350 and the boker trance i got my brother today for his bday.

If you go to the SBL Facebook page someone just posted a picture of their small ID wallet in tobacco after a year of use. Gives you an idea what it will look like down the road.

I just checked it out and it looks great. I cant wait until mine looks that good.

Really like that look. Looks like a nicely weathered saddle.

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd share a picture of a medium chestnut I received for Christmas, right around the time you got started this thread. I wanted a little more capacity than my ID wallet provided. I miss my old wallet, it had so much more character. At least this one is starting to come along.

I wish I had the foresight to take a picture of this one when it was new.

Thats a good lookin wallet. Its funny you mention that your old wallet had character. I was just thinking the other day about how people see an old wallet and say damn you need a new wallet. But to the carrier its IS character. I mean, that things been covering your ass for years and has spent more time with you than any family member probably has.

I got busy and forgot to post a pic this week. Ill try to get one up this evening.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information