Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boker Survivor OTF?

Boker Survivor OTF?

ADVERTISEMENT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bosSG-8yqWw
    http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=V8OjY89mOqw&feature=related

Anybody have info on these? Googled, seems that they're only available overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyde7585 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bosSG-8yqWw
    http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=V8OjY89mOqw&feature=related

Anybody have info on these? Googled, seems that they're only available overseas.
    Interesting. Never seen them before until you posted. I had the volume off so I couldn't hear the dialogue in the video. Just looked at it. id like to hear more about it. Hopefully Terry can chime in tomorrow?

Actually, there is no dialogue on this one, and if he does say anything, its something from Europe, nothing from the U.S.
    I'm assuming Terry will say its not for sale in the U.S.
    Here is another link comparing it to a mircotech: (same channel)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFiLRNCdK9Y

True. Thanks for the follow up video. I turned on the volume this time. You were right on I didn't miss anything since there was no dialogue.

Can we asume they are made in asia? Being boker plus. From the video and I'm watching on a smartphone so the picture is a bit grainy, but it looks pretty stout and decent. I kinda want one now. Its too bad there isn't more competition in otfs, since in some states they are legal to own and carry them. Thanks again for the heads up...ill be keeping my eyes open for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmonkey View Post
    True. Thanks for the follow up video. I turned on the volume this time. You were right on I didn't miss anything since there was no dialogue.

Can we asume they are made in asia? Being boker plus. From the video and I'm watching on a smartphone so the picture is a bit grainy, but it looks pretty stout and decent. I kinda want one now. Its too bad there isn't more competition in otfs, since in some states they are legal to own and carry them. Thanks again for the heads up...ill be keeping my eyes open for them.
    No problem, I love the looks of these, the handle shape is what caught my eye. Hopefully Terry can shed more light on these soon

The thing about Chinese made knives is that they will work with the manufacturer and produce a product that is cheap, or that is expensive, and all levels inbetween. What ever price point the manufacturer specifies is the quality of knife he will get. Sometimes the Chinese get a bum rap on producing only cheap stuff, unfortunately, they don't get a bum rap on counterfeiting knife designs.

Btw, with the growing manufacturing, the Chinese now have the latest CNC and other machinery with which to produce knives. I've yet to get a poorly made Boker Plus knife!

that guy is italian or something, he must be a knife retailer does alot of show videos

Quote Originally Posted by econnofoot View Post
    that guy is italian or something, he must be a knife retailer does alot of show videos
    Yeah thats what im figuring, it must be an overseas thing? Coming from Solingen only? Not sure
    After the holiday break Terry should be able to fill us in

got anything for us Terry?

Hey guys,
    I can't find anything on this at all, it isn't in Germany's catalog, so my first guess is that it is a counterfeit. And if it was a real Boker product we would not be able to sell it here in the US.
    Terry
    Thanks, Terry

-Terry Trahan
    Boker USA Customer Service/Repair Rep
    repair at bokerusa
    1-800-992-6537 ext 21

awwww.....
    Thanks for the help anyway Terry

@ tjt

its a real boker ( böker ) product !
    in germany otf are forbidden.
    you can read reviews in german ( austrian ) forums.

bye
    tom
    p.s. very nice knife !!!

Hope is renewed!
    Now I just gotta find one.....

I have asked Tobias in Germany to check on this for me. Since he works in the Solingen branch, he can better answer this.
    Terry
    Thanks, Terry

-Terry Trahan
    Boker USA Customer Service/Repair Rep
    repair at bokerusa
    1-800-992-6537 ext 21

There is also a nice Boker bali on that site...

Gentlemen,
    these items are "born" in Germany and built overseas, but, we are only allowed to "export" the OTFs and we also have some Balisongs, but also for export ONLY.
    Not even I am allowed to have one :-(

Those are some really nice knives, very well made and reasonable priced.

First off, thanks so much for helping out with getting info.
    Secondly, does that mean that you cannot export them from their build location to the US?

No, we cannot ship these to the US.
    Nobody is allowed, to send automatic knives to the US, the ones, that are available in the US must have been built in the US or, they must have been converted, from a manual folder into an automatic, in the US.

lame
    thanks a ton for getting me this much info though, much appreciated!

good info, gents. thanks to all. what a shame. knife laws....and the silly world we live in. it is what it is.

interesting on the illegal to ship into the usa automatic knives, cause we see lots of chinese made autos all over the internet from dealer sin the usa for sale. so i guess someone or multiple people are importing them illegally? must not be a highly enforced law, cause they are all over the internet easy to find and i would assume easy to track backwards from the stocking dealers back to the importer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information