Thread: New custom Mini Grip

New custom Mini Grip

ADVERTISEMENT
    I received my first custom mini Grip and just wanted to share some pics of it and also ask anyone else with a custom Grip to share their pics as well. When I found out about this program BM has going I had to get one. Another one will more than likely find its way to me because I want to try the N680 steel, and because the mini Grip is one of my favorite BM's. Also because I had so much fun coming up with the theme for the first one.

Blog Entries
    HI War Eagle -

Very cool - I wanted to get one of those someday - but just never have.

How long did it take to get it after you ordered it?

THanks for the pictures.

best

mqqn

Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    Andy
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

Very nice!

Go UVA! Wahoowa!
    WTB: Blade Show 2014 CS Recon 1's in XHP. PM me if you want to sell/trade!

All told it took 5 weeks. Although I did place my order right around the 1st of Dec and they told me they had a TON of custom Grips on order for Christmas so it shouldn't take that long during a more normal month I think. I love it so far and like I said I will probably end up with a second one sometime down the road.

res1cue, I think we just put the smack down on UVA in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl last month! No real room to crow for you right now. Really res1cue no offense meant at all just a little fun about the game. UVA's new coaching staff did a really good job turning that program around this year, good luck into the future.

Outside of the War Eagle on the blade, it would be great for my brother as he's a major Bronco's fan. Now I know what to get him for his birthday.

citizensoldierNY, I bet he would love that. I know I would think it was a fantastic bday present. I tried to get the Auburn University AU symbol put on the blade as well but they couldn't do it because it's a trademarked image. Although you could get some kind of text like "go Broncos" or something for him. Maybe even "The Fighting Tebows"!

I have a mini-griptilian in orange with the D2 blade.
    along with one in brown with a black coated blade in D2.

thinking back i should have gotten a different steel on one of them but i like the characteristics of the D2.

I'd definitely think it would be cool to see another popular knife company offer one of their most popular knives in a custom offering like this

Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    res1cue, I think we just put the smack down on UVA in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl last month! No real room to crow for you right now. Really res1cue no offense meant at all just a little fun about the game. UVA's new coaching staff did a really good job turning that program around this year, good luck into the future.
    Haha yeah I am used to it.. we suck. That's all there is to say about it. Glad Al Groh is gone.
    WTB: Blade Show 2014 CS Recon 1's in XHP. PM me if you want to sell/trade!

BuffDrinkLots, I also like BM's D2. That may be a reason to pick up a 3rd custom Grip!!

res1cue, UVA didn't suck this year, 8-5 is a nice season. Like I said the new coaching staff has UVA on the right path and I think you will have some good falls in front of you.

Hey, War Eagle! EE Class of '69 here. Love the thought, but that looks more like Florida Gators' colors than Burnt Orange and Navy Blue.

where in Sweet Home are you located? Birmingham area here, but grew up 24 miles form campus in Tallapoosa County.

Don't have a pic, but mine is a S30V blade, with tan scales and all silver parts including the split arrow clip. Bought one for the bass player on our church worship team, and had John 3:16 engraved on the blade.

When i get some time tomorrow I'll try to snap some shots of mine.

MikeH, I'm in Clanton. I'm sure you know where that is but it's down 65 about 40 miles or so. Yeah they are closer to Florida colors but it's the best I could do.

Thanks to everyone else for their replies as well. Looking forward to more and those pics.

I thought you were a UF Gator, silly me.

Nice looking knife regardless...

Hi all,
    I also had one made by BM for me but now i hate the orange scales.... Can anyone recommend any custom scale maker I can contact to order some CF scales for my mini grip? I heard on another forum that STR is good... How do I find him?
    Sorry I'm a n00b.
    thanx
    Naz

Hey War Eagle,

How'd N680 work out for you? I've been thinking of getting one of these for my father as a retirement gift, and I was thinking of getting this steel since he's not really a knife guy and I thought an exotic/hassle free steel would be nice to have.

Thread Information