Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where were you the FIRST time you heard of BUSSE?

Where were you the FIRST time you heard of BUSSE?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I remember it like it was yesturday. I was in a local gun store and saw a rather large man (Sorry Boss ) looking at the guns on the wall. He and the owner were talking about the new guns that had come in. As I walked in the owner introduced me to him. It happened to be The man himself, Jerry Busse . We talked for a little bit about guns and then he left. I asked the owner of the store who he was. He said he was a knife maker and that he made the toughest blades on the market. Knowing that I am kinda a knife nut he began telling me about them. From that point on I was hooked and have not looked back.

In my recliner........on the intronets....
    -Matt
    13stripsofbacon

Met a guy (Andre) at a gun show that sold them after a Tucson knife maker (Severtech) told me about them.

Anybody remember the old site with the cartoons ?
    Buy Brown Kydex
    WTB; Busse HACK Bear Cubs ! Especially the Ram's Horn one !!!!
    azgunnut@earthlink.net

I was talking to my coworker about knives. He told me about "Bew-see" knives. It piqued my curiosity a bit. I took a look. Heard a lot of good things, but wasn't swayed by it yet and got discouraged by the few "overpriced, sharpened crow bar" comments. I saw the BOSS Jack on sale and, man, it was expensive... but after a few more weeks of looking, I just had to give in.

Alas, though my story does not start the same as yours, where I only heard of Busse the company while you met Busse the man, mine ends the same as yours... I was hooked and have not looked back.

I honestly can't specifically remember how I stumbled on them. It was before I joined this site. I found their website, and thought it odd. I did not really think much about it at the time.

Then I saw an FFBM and I was interested!

Rest is history.

I read an article in a knife magazine back in the late 90's when I could not afford one and made a note to get one someday... then proceeded to forget about it until 10 years later when I was reminded online and finally able to buy my first one.
    Freedom is expensive, but you get what you pay for and a life worth living is worth fighting for to the end.
    AZHamT 2011

Current Bussekin for sale

Well, I always was the one making his food and asked him to fix the crap knives I was using.... They were unsalvageable, but I got an awesome job out of it!

Best result yet Pokey, and we are ALL glad that you got the job!

Quote Originally Posted by AZTimT View Post
    I read an article in a knife magazine back in the late 90's when I could not afford one and made a note to get one someday... then proceeded to forget about it until 10 years later when I was reminded online and finally able to buy my first one.
    From him ^ in December 2009

I think that I first heard of Busse knives via Ron Hood's two-tape set on survival. Shortly after, I saw a few computer generated pics in a Shomer-Tec catalog, and thought "NO knife is worth that much money". Little did I know then!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kanik View Post
    Best result yet Pokey, and we are ALL glad that you got the job!
    Awww you are such a sweety!

So are you!

^^^^
    Jeez get a room you two!

I came across Busse on a Google search. Never looked back.

I found Busse while lurking on bladeforums some time ago a year and a half later ( after a kind of knife hiatus ) I bought a Swamp Rat Ratmandue and Swamp warden.

Early 80's I think it was an ad in a Soldier of Fortune Magazine, the one were the dead guy is holding the Busse and it said something like "You better take a Busse cause who knows where you are going".
    RickJ

Early 90's, back when I was still in the service!!! Couldn't afford them then but I knew I sure wanted one. Then lost track for a long time and found them around 2005, best thing that happened and ain't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    I remember it like it was yesturday. I was in a local gun store and saw a rather large man (Sorry Boss ) looking at the guns on the wall. He and the owner were talking about the new guns that had come in. As I walked in the owner introduced me to him. It happened to be The man himself, Jerry Busse . We talked for a little bit about guns and then he left. I asked the owner of the store who he was. He said he was a knife maker and that he made the toughest blades on the market. Knowing that I am kinda a knife nut he began telling me about them. From that point on I was hooked and have not looked back.
    I was the owner of the gun store. Things sure have changed since then.

Garth

I think it was a ron hood article in a knife mag then the Blade ad to mail order the ergos and i think a satin jack. First thing i ever bought was a gen 1 howling rat then a jungle defender from porkducci.

Jody Porkacious
    I AM VORACIOUS

Early to mid 90's American Survival Guide Magazine. The one where the guy with the mustache was testin 'em in the snow ? I was a teen and couldnt afford one .

About 1992 or so, saw an ad in a gunzine (the famous "You'll Never Have a Broken Heart" ad) and the configuration of the original Steel Heart and the lifetime guarantee really caught my attention. But I really wrestled with the idea of paying $247 for a knife. Then in 1994 Tactical Knives had a Steel Heart II on the cover (the real original Steel Heart II with the Bird's Beak pommel) along with a review of the original Steel Heart and the SHII. I ordered the SHII, ealy in '93 ordered an original Badger Attack. From there the sickness took over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information