Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 313

Thread: Have you ever seen anything creepy?

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC
    Posts
    1,449

    ADVERTISEMENT


    Plenty freakky.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    rural Carver County, MN
    Posts
    634
    The year was 1981 in Pleasure Ridge Park, KY. I was 15 at the time and that was the summer of the "Bushman". Bushman was a guy who lived in the blackberry and honeysuckle vines along the Illinois Central RR line that goes south along Dixie Hwy. Bushman was a paint sniffer who wore a grungy pair of shorts. That's all he wore, no shoes or shirt. My guess is that he was cold but he did have hair over two feet long and hanging down all over. This guy was a down and out drug addict who lived in the wild edges of the railroad line and at night neighbors said they would hear someone turn on their outside hose faucets and a few saw him run away as they went out to check on who was by their house. Bushman got to be a nuisance since he was a scary looking sight. Finally one day a neighbor saw him and called the cops to come take him away. He was last seen by me as he was walking the RR tracks so when the cops came I said I saw him going that way. The two cops went walking along the line and I stayed back. The cops were down about 150 feet when all of a sudden a leaf pile near me down off the tracks begins to rustle and I get that Lou Costello thing going with my voice trying to call for help but no sound is coming out. Just about when my legs begin to melt under me a squeak out a shrill He's over here. The cops heard me and came trotting back before Bushman murdered me or whatever a paint sniffing Bushman does to a kid who narc's on him. The scary deal was his hair worked perfect like a ghillie suit, the leaves and litter just hung in the tangles. The cops took him to their squad and I needed some serious PTSD counseling that night. Except for the nightmares I am all better now. Be careful of the Bushman, he's right over there!!! My Bushman hunting days are over. The serious side is what a life wasted. As the cops led him to their squad I could see the guys face all covered in spray paint gold. Someone gets to that point in chemical abuse and they don't have much left. My way to cope with the real fear he gave me is to feel sad for how someone gets there.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southeast Tennessee, USA, Earth
    Posts
    738
    One time I was at a party at a friends house. He lived in the sticks so we went out in the woods behind his house to hike a bit, when suddenly we came across this place that felt really... wrong. As soon as we got there everything got really quiet and I kid you not It got so foggy you could not see ten feet. Being teenagers and wanting to show that we were tough we stayed for about ten minutes, until someone said that we should probably leave. When we got a little while away the woodsy noises came back, but the fog stayed. And then we got lost, we knew this because a walk that should have taken fifteen minutes took at least fourty. Every bit of this story is true. I still do not know what was wrong with that place, and I hope I never happen upon another place like it.
    Last edited by JustAFleshWound; 02-22-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: General idiocity

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    rural Carver County, MN
    Posts
    634
    Waverly Hills TB Sanitarium was just three miles down the RR tracks from where I grew up. We hiked down there a few times to go explore it. I have been in the Body Chute and up the tower and on roof top. Never saw any weird stuff other then graffiti and a busted up building. Still we never went over there at night. Lots of freaky druggy types out and about so we had no need to cross paths with them. Now I guess it is some sort of spook attraction. Someone should bull doze the place and make a park out of the hilltop to add to the golf course and park adjoining it.

    Anyone on here who grew up in PRP, KY? Can you remember the police helicopters and search lights at night as they were looking for who knows who that did who knows what? That and heroin needles along the curb were our normal summers. It was later I realized that I grew up in an urban hillbilly hell. We had miles of wooded ridge lines to hike and hunt on while down below was the Dixie Hwy commercial strip from Fort Knox into Louisville. I go back now and then and it has changed in some ways but I think people still watch their backs in that area.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,693
    Ah well, I leave a sheltered life. Here is my entry (thank god I haven't run into Stabman out there yet!)....


  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,520
    Ive posted in this thread before but Ive had some crazy experiences so i figure i should share them

    The house that my family lived in for 9 years was built in 1850 and too put it lightly, was cursed.

    We didn't know this when we bought it but while the house was unowned a group of people had been performing satanic worship in the celler and in the woods behind our house. They had sacrificed animals and in the cellar and there was a pentagram drawn on the floor. That house was terrifying. And we had more bad experiences than I can even remember there. The first night my dad ever slept in the house he slept with a loaded shotgun because he was so scared. We had lots of demonic things happen to us.

    One time, one of our family friends who is a Pastor came over and started praying over our house. She went outside to the cellar (which we never used and had been closed for months) and started praying fervently. After a few minutes a black cat ran out.
    She told us that demons can take the form of animals and that the cat was an evil spirit fleeing.

    When we moved into a new house I had a dream that hundreds of rotting black dogs burning with black flames ran out of our new house. One of them tried to attack me and bit into my arm and when it did I threw it off into a lake and it made the water steam and boil. I always felt like this dream was symbolic, that all of the demons that had occupied our old house couldn't follow us into the new one.
    Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead.

    Hunter Martin
    The Huntsman Knife Company

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Posts
    1,097
    my gosh....there is a lot of creepy stuff out there.

    I for one havent ever got "that feeling", but I know for a fact that if i do, i am out of there

    the only thing close to it i have ever felt was me letting my imagination get the best of me.

    I do know this though, I used to live on the river in Louisiana and we were outside city limits and we had a lot of woods that were state property agains our land so I was always tramping around in the woods. I never felt anything weird or anything.

    come to now in TN, i feel weirded out more often where I live now in bristol, TN. not enough to make me freak out and run, but enough to make me uncomfortable to a point where I am always warry whenever i am not near large groups of people.

  8. #128
    Once I was in camp with a couple of my brothers and stepfather and uncle, maybe 5 of us. A forest service truck (I never can keep all the departments up there straight) and a girl gets out, sandy blonde hair, real cute, in the cab on the truck was her partner, an even cuter brunette. the first one comes over to make sure we have campfire permits (we did, but I almost got another one just to keep her there longer).

    the look I was giving them sure would have creeped me out!

    My buddy has a 6th sense for cops, he loves driving fast but almost always knows there's a cop before we see it.

    My dad had a friend in VietNam, I don't think they served together (they'd been friends before going over and talked after) and supposedly this guy, who was native american, could smell the vietcong when his squad was on patrol. He described to my dad going into that Michelin Tire co. rubben plantation over there, afterwards the put his whole squad on RR. He said it really messed them up the games charlie would play with them at night. it wasn't till later they found out about their tunneling skills.

    Interestingly enough, when I was a kid/teenager and me and my buddies would play army my dad was spooky quiet (he was part indian too) he scared me real good a few times. He was 5'10"ish and about 220lbs by then (he'd been small in the military, 150lbs) and I'd be hiding out waiting for somebody to come into the open and BHAM! my dad would be right behind me. He also has a great sixth sense, he slept through anything that was normal, he heard anything out of the ordinary and he was awake and 100% alert.

    I've gotten the heebeejeebees lots of times, and had interesting experiences, I don't think ever both at the same time though.

    Wait! I remembered one! nothing bad happened but I was with a buddy shooting in the mountains. Afterwards since we had plenty of time we just kept following the road around. Then all of a sudden, on this unmarked dirt road, there's a T and a road running to the right with a sign (not an official road sign) that said something like music lane. I turned and we started feeling weird, I'm talking deliverance weird. I"m looking for places to turn around, my buddy is feeling it too, and suddenly we're in a thin section of trees and there's tumble down shacks around and in my head I hear the banjo music! we were freaked pretty good, I backed all the way out to the other dirt road and got out of there post haste.

    Red
    Last edited by Dago Red; 02-23-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: remembered something

  9. #129
    O.K. I'm up on the peninsula in Washington State on 101, between Forks and Pt. Angeles. I am on a pretty lonely and deserted section and I have to pull over to take a Piss. Now, I pull over and safely park the truck on the shoulder and go into the brush, so obviously I won't be exposed to any passers by. I am probably 10 yards into some very tall brush and trees, it's dusk. I am looking straight ahead and I suddenly get this "fear" you guys are talking about. I can't see anything but I know, Someone (a man) is watching me out here in the middle of nowhere, from in front of where I am standing. This is freaky man, there is nothing else around. You can't observe anything to the front or sides. Well, I hurry up and I am getting ready to get the hell out of dodge RTFN, when the brush in front of me explodes in commosion, something big and heavy is moving thru with authority, and it's no human being. Flight kicks in and my first thought was it had to be a big Elk very close, but I didn't see anything, Though as you know how your senses become very acute, and time slows down as you are processing. This thing is a biped, and I could feel the "thumping" on the ground, thru the soles of my boot. I sprint back to my vehicle and jump in and pull out of there fast, chest beating. Now, I don't say I believe in BF, and I have a background in biology and adhere to the scientific process theory, but what the hell it could have been, I don't know.....just that it was something very out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by akula83; 02-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.

  10. #130
    When on a port visit to NYC (Navy) we were advised to follow some simple rules, only civilian clothes, don't be too polite and don't walk down the streets looking up at all the tall buildings like some gomer. Look like you belong.
    Quote Originally Posted by uyotg View Post
    I'm starting to notice a trend here on Bladeforums... people just hate NYC and sometimes it's not even about the knife and gun laws, like in this case. I do this in NYC often and people have been friendly.

    I get creeped out when I think I'm alone and can't verify it (rural areas, the wilderness) or am around less than a handful of strangers (they could have ill intentions). In a place like NYC, there are just too many people around that all of them couldn't possibly be scheming together against you. Too many witnesses. It's why I feel comfortable. Doesn't seem to be the popular opinion around here.

  11. #131
    A few years ago in the Nevada desert, we came across a gully full of animal (mostly large dog) bones. In that same area we also heard something that almost sounded like blasphemous flutes piping, however the wind was strong and loud, and the noise we heard was so departed from what music SHOULD sound like that I can't be sure. My closest guess apropos of the bones is family pets dying, or illegal dog fighting.

    In the town of Searchlight, Nevada, I entered one of the many abandoned, derelict mine shafts. What I saw there, or think I saw, I will not repeat. I will say that it is bizzarre to think that something that can be measured, that takes up space, that can be weighed, can so heavily disturb an ordinarily strong psyche.

    I also found a graveyard out in the desert. Neatly maintained. Not very scary, just sort of strange.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    284
    [QUOTE= What I saw there, or think I saw, I will not repeat. I will say that it is bizzarre to think that something that can be measured, that takes up space, that can be weighed, can so heavily disturb an ordinarily strong psyche.QUOTE]

    Micro, that's one of the best sentences I've read in a while...well said!

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Pole, AK
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Bevel View Post
    In the town of Searchlight, Nevada, I entered one of the many abandoned, derelict mine shafts. What I saw there, or think I saw, I will not repeat. I will say that it is bizzarre to think that something that can be measured, that takes up space, that can be weighed, can so heavily disturb an ordinarily strong psyche.
    You built it up too well, now you have to tell us!

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,079
    I agree!

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    199
    Yeah don't leave us hanging on that one please tell.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    248
    I was on a Navy C9 returning from a training block. This was probably around 1998. It was nighttime and we were getting ready to make our approach into North Island Naval Air Station. I was dozing, but suddenly woke up at max alertness, listening for any sound, feeling for any disturbance, heart hammering in my chest, my breathing trying to escalate into hyperventilation. If I'd had copper tubing in my butt, I could have cut it to size. Aside from a thump, which could have simply been the landing gear, I heard and felt nothing untoward. The landing was a little harsh, but I've had worse. I figured I'd just had a cumulative case of the heebie-jeebies and was internally scolding myself for being a nervous twit. Suddenly one of my more vocal platoon mates up in the front stood up and (with a fair smattering of obscenities to emphasize his point) asked, "Excuse me, but is anyone else freaked the @#$% out right now?" Everyone suddenly was expounding on how scared they'd all become on the way down and how they thought it was just them. Never did find out if anything was wrong or not, and the night faded into memory. I know it's not the outdoors, but sometimes the feeling comes, and there's nowhere to go!

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyszrd View Post
    I was on a Navy C9 returning from a training block. This was probably around 1998. It was nighttime and we were getting ready to make our approach into North Island Naval Air Station. I was dozing, but suddenly woke up at max alertness, listening for any sound, feeling for any disturbance, heart hammering in my chest, my breathing trying to escalate into hyperventilation. If I'd had copper tubing in my butt, I could have cut it to size. Aside from a thump, which could have simply been the landing gear, I heard and felt nothing untoward. The landing was a little harsh, but I've had worse. I figured I'd just had a cumulative case of the heebie-jeebies and was internally scolding myself for being a nervous twit. Suddenly one of my more vocal platoon mates up in the front stood up and (with a fair smattering of obscenities to emphasize his point) asked, "Excuse me, but is anyone else freaked the @#$% out right now?" Everyone suddenly was expounding on how scared they'd all become on the way down and how they thought it was just them. Never did find out if anything was wrong or not, and the night faded into memory. I know it's not the outdoors, but sometimes the feeling comes, and there's nowhere to go!

    Yikes!


  18. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,323
    I hiked an area last week that was the site of a known Indian camp. I kept hearing things but they were unrecognizable as words. First one I just brushed off as wind in the trees. After about a dozen or so on my 4 mile hike, I was a little freaked out but didn't feel threatened in any way. I don't think I'd hike it at night.

    I went and took down the creepy old doll hanging from tree branches that scared the crap out of me one night. Was creepy up close.






  19. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Once I was in camp with a couple of my brothers and stepfather and uncle, maybe 5 of us. A forest service truck (I never can keep all the departments up there straight) and a girl gets out, sandy blonde hair, real cute, in the cab on the truck was her partner, an even cuter brunette. the first one comes over to make sure we have campfire permits (we did, but I almost got another one just to keep her there longer).

    the look I was giving them sure would have creeped me out!

    My buddy has a 6th sense for cops, he loves driving fast but almost always knows there's a cop before we see it.

    My dad had a friend in VietNam, I don't think they served together (they'd been friends before going over and talked after) and supposedly this guy, who was native american, could smell the vietcong when his squad was on patrol. He described to my dad going into that Michelin Tire co. rubben plantation over there, afterwards the put his whole squad on RR. He said it really messed them up the games charlie would play with them at night. it wasn't till later they found out about their tunneling skills.

    Interestingly enough, when I was a kid/teenager and me and my buddies would play army my dad was spooky quiet (he was part indian too) he scared me real good a few times. He was 5'10"ish and about 220lbs by then (he'd been small in the military, 150lbs) and I'd be hiding out waiting for somebody to come into the open and BHAM! my dad would be right behind me. He also has a great sixth sense, he slept through anything that was normal, he heard anything out of the ordinary and he was awake and 100% alert.

    I've gotten the heebeejeebees lots of times, and had interesting experiences, I don't think ever both at the same time though.

    Wait! I remembered one! nothing bad happened but I was with a buddy shooting in the mountains. Afterwards since we had plenty of time we just kept following the road around. Then all of a sudden, on this unmarked dirt road, there's a T and a road running to the right with a sign (not an official road sign) that said something like music lane. I turned and we started feeling weird, I'm talking deliverance weird. I"m looking for places to turn around, my buddy is feeling it too, and suddenly we're in a thin section of trees and there's tumble down shacks around and in my head I hear the banjo music! we were freaked pretty good, I backed all the way out to the other dirt road and got out of there post haste.

    Red
    Am I the only one that read this and has no idea WTF is going on? Did you just tell us half of like 4 different stories? Seems like everything was typed out super frazzled and none of it is finished.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss

  20. #140
    Hey wanna see something really scary ?
    "Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skinned?"
    Proud Supporter of JK knives #62,
    Gossman Tusker User Group #33
    Order Of The Black Shamrock #1515

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •