Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Fishing Thread- What did you catch, how, when? Let's see your pics.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by bja5006 View Post
    about as big as they come in these parts...

fast-casting with spinnerbait on this guy...
    How is it fishing out of that kayak? I've been wanting to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
    How is it fishing out of that kayak? I've been wanting to get one.
    It's awesome, to say the least. Certainly takes some getting used to, reaching behind you to get a new lure/something from the cooler takes some balance and coordination. The best tips I can give are: get a good lifejacket (one with lots of pockets), make sure the kayak has rod holders, and get an anchor. Kayak anchors only weigh around 24 oz, but they work like hooks to grab the bottom, as opposed to just dead weight. Trying to fish a certain spot for a prolonged time or with wind can be frustrating if you don't have an anchor.

for me, it's the most enjoyable way to fish. just peace and quiet, very minimalist.

Quote Originally Posted by bja5006 View Post
    It's awesome, to say the least. Certainly takes some getting used to, reaching behind you to get a new lure/something from the cooler takes some balance and coordination. The best tips I can give are: get a good lifejacket (one with lots of pockets), make sure the kayak has rod holders, and get an anchor. Kayak anchors only weigh around 24 oz, but they work like hooks to grab the bottom, as opposed to just dead weight. Trying to fish a certain spot for a prolonged time or with wind can be frustrating if you don't have an anchor.

for me, it's the most enjoyable way to fish. just peace and quiet, very minimalist.
    Thanks for the tip, it certainly looks like a great way to escape and get some quiet time!!

I went bass fishing last night was gonna try to catch a midnight lunker. The weather report predicted a pleasant, clear evening. Loaded up a john boat, went to the upper end of a 200 acre lake, and started fishing. The little bass were biting good , no large ones , then a thunderstorm rolled up on me. I put the thirty lb thrust motor on high and raced the storm back to the dock.The storm won. 200 yards to go and it caught me. Barely had enough thrust to make headway in the wind. Luckily there was no sky to ground lightning or hail where I was but plenty of it in the distance, the sky looked like a strobe light . Ill try again next week.

30 minutes of daylight left and I caught this hawg , on a plastic worm off a flat in around fifteen foot of water.

Quote Originally Posted by dipbait View Post
    DukeofTank, you gonna night fish for bronzebacks?
    I haven't been as of yet... My boat isn't really setup for night fishing and the smallies are not as prevalent in the lakes around my house.

^ I do have to add, that is a massive largemouth!

Nice bass Dipbait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tom19176 View Post
    Nice bass Dipbait!!!
    +1!
    What he said!

[IMG][/IMG]

Landed it 9-lbs, pond in Oregon, got it on a Rago Rat, 15lb P-Line
    My brother in-law laughed at me, said bait was as big as a beer can
    "Thats too dam big" he said of the bait. I told him watch. I was unreal how it happend
    Some how nothen make a Man smile more than a Boss Hog on Topwater

Nice one there!!!!! Big lures equal big fish or no fish....lol...

I had to loo Rago Rat up. Thats an interesting lure. Fantastic catch!!

Got into the largemouth bass in northern Minnesota last week- had a great time. Caught 10-12 of these each day.
    My son's 3.5lb bass-

My 4.5lb bass-

My 3lb bass-

minnesotashooter those bass look like footballs.

Quote Originally Posted by dipbait View Post
    minnesotashooter those bass look like footballs.
    Not the biggest largemouths in the US but for northern Minnesota these were big. Lots of fun to catch on a wacky worm!!

Heres one that got away. Just a big old carp , using corn for bait.

Just a quick fishing trip at the local pond. I used A koppers live target frog.

3 bass and a frog.

2 of the bass were just over 3lbs and the other was 2lbs and a few.

And apparently Frogs like to try and eat other frogs. I thought I had a bass Then I pulled this in.

Frogs go after frogs!! I was fishing a few weeks back with a plastic frog and got two big frogs but no bass!!! Nice fish!

Quote Originally Posted by tom19176 View Post
    Frogs go after frogs!! I was fishing a few weeks back with a plastic frog and got two big frogs but no bass!!! Nice fish!
    yah I found that out! The key is to get a frog lure that's to big for the frogs mouth, but just right for a nice bass

I don't have pics, but we go to Quarton Lake in Birmingham, MI because it is so close, and catch pike, bass, and lots of sunnies and bluegill. I end up losing a lure every other time we go. We have a blast goofing around though.

Tight lines,
    Connor

Caught last night on a #12 bead head nymph.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information