Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 New Becker

ADVERTISEMENT
    Machaxeness in T minus 9 days and counting? Lets get readdddddddddddy to chop somethiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!! If I buy ten can I have a bk16 early??

As Ringo once said, "You're 16, you're beautiful, and you're mine!" Well, not for a few months, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by trailbum View Post
    Those release dates are unacceptable.
    NOW WOULD BE GOOD.
    i'm sure the powers that be could bump that for ya...

how's June looking for you?
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

The canted handle on the Machax doesn't look very practical to me. I think I'll be swinging for the Patrol Machete instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PayetteRucker View Post
    The canted handle on the Machax doesn't look very practical to me. I think I'll be swinging for the Patrol Machete instead.
    you can tell that by looking? wow snerk :>

i've been using one 30 years. as well as khurkis, with designs that probably go back hundreds of years. practical for me :>

bring them on!

perhaps there should even be a contest...

though i know you guys are just going to buy them anyway ;>
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

Awesome, I wonder if dealers can ship the Machax on 2/1/12??

Thanks for sharing this with us, very excited.

I too am very curious about how KA-BAR's "release date" translates to actually holding one in your hand.

I gota get me a machax for sure

Damn, I got the catalog today. Nice. I've asked if I can scan and post the Becker stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    you can tell that by looking? wow snerk :>

i've been using one 30 years. as well as khurkis, with designs that probably go back hundreds of years. practical for me :>

bring them on!

perhaps there should even be a contest...

though i know you guys are just going to buy them anyway ;>
    I think it's safe to say, after owning about 10 Himalayan Imports products and 4 or 5 other KLO's, in addition to maybe 20 other weight-forward designs, that I have a fairly good idea of what it's going to swing like looking at the picture. Maybe it'll surprise me, I don't know, but I'm not taking the 137 dollar chance without handling it. If the handle were half as obtuse, no problems. I love canted and curved handles on designated choppers, but within reason-there's a happy angle and I think this bad boy exceeds it. Just my experience/opinion...

Blog Entries
    Someone has to be taking pre-orders!!! I'm pretty sure I want a Machaxe!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRL View Post
    Damn, I got the catalog today. Nice. I've asked if I can scan and post the Becker stuff.
    Brilliant idea. I didn't order a catalog for some reason, but would love to see the Becker stuff.

also, PayetteRucker, the Machax will be roughly the same price (street) as the BK5, so think more along the lines of ~$75 when it comes out.

Arrogant much? I think if the design weren't practical, Ethan would have changed it by now. And just owning various products doesn't necessarily mean you use them correctly. Not saying that about you, just saying... It's not exactly indicative. That's like saying, "I own 20 katanas, so I'm an expert katana user, even though I've never taken kendo."

What I want to know here is if there's gonna be a Beckerhead pre-release. I can't say I'm in love with the way the Machax looks. But performance speaks very loudly to me.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

mmm, "Becker Short Clip Point"...
    Need. Not want, need. With micarta, I'll wait for it.

Blog Entries
    Someone has to be taking pre-orders!!! I'm pretty sure I want a Machaxe!!

I'm gonna guess the Machaxe should sell for around $72.?? Looking at MSRPs and what the available Beckers sell for I might could assume that around $72 should be a somewhat reasonable guess.

Man, oh man, I'm looking forward to that BK16. Glad to have a date and price reference. Plus, the fact that it isn't coming out until April frees up my cash to get the BK5 now, and the new ZK knife coming out in Feb.

I'll get the machax,does anyone know if they are going to do a run of the BK Brute?

Can't wait cause now more of you leather and kydex guys will be making aftermarket goodies for the Machax.
    Semper fi, GFY!
    Just shut up and use your f#?*!ng knives!
    http://Www.tmhuntcustomknives.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    Arrogant much? I think if the design weren't practical, Ethan would have changed it by now. And just owning various products doesn't necessarily mean you use them correctly. Not saying that about you, just saying... It's not exactly indicative. That's like saying, "I own 20 katanas, so I'm an expert katana user, even though I've never taken kendo."

What I want to know here is if there's gonna be a Beckerhead pre-release. I can't say I'm in love with the way the Machax looks. But performance speaks very loudly to me.
    Not arrogant at all. I'm a consumer and thus have the ability to choose which products I want to purchase and why. It is my opinion, I'm not forcing it upon anyone else, and I think the Patrol Machete is a more practical design. Considering the amount of time I've spent on these forums, the places I frequent, and the lifestyle I follow, few people will contest that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to large blades. Saying that I own all those blades, and having user experience, means that I can look at the profile of a blade and have a general idea of how it's going to swing. Drawing a line through the axis of the handle, that forward edge is so extreme in front of the swinging axis it's much more forward than any tool I own, including my axes and my HI khukris, of many different designs, which have seen a ton of use across maybe 7 different states and as many types of climate. So no, I don't consider that statement to be arrogant at all. I'm not saying Ethan's design sucks. I'm saying that based upon my experience, I don't like the design, I am entitled to that opinion, did not force it upon anyone else, and upon trying it in hand may change my mind. Until then it's not worth it for me to invest the 137 dollars as a student and take the chance that I'm not going to like the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by PayetteRucker View Post
    I think it's safe to say, after owning about 10 Himalayan Imports products and 4 or 5 other KLO's, in addition to maybe 20 other weight-forward designs, that I have a fairly good idea of what it's going to swing like looking at the picture. Maybe it'll surprise me, I don't know, but I'm not taking the 137 dollar chance without handling it. If the handle were half as obtuse, no problems. I love canted and curved handles on designated choppers, but within reason-there's a happy angle and I think this bad boy exceeds it. Just my experience/opinion...
    Besides the other inaccuracies in your post, HOW in the heck are you taking a "$137 chance" buying a Machaxe? First of all , you will never pay won't full retail unless you are truly inept as a consumer. Mostly places should have them for around $90.

Unless you plan on breaking it in half, (in which case Kabar would probably replace it for free) you can always resell it. There is no way you would take more than a $20 bath on the resale after trying it out.

Your grasp of real world knife pricing is as inaccurate as your critique of the Machaxe, which you have obviously never owned.
    Last edited by jim62; 01-23-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information