Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does "word of mouth" sell Beckers?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Word of mouth for me. All I see is Becker this Becker that on this forum. I had to check it out. I ended up buying 2 bK 10's and look forward to getting more.

Wow, I would like to offer my thanks to all of you. From me and Ethan.

I started doing what I do here, for Ethan and BKT, spreading the word by mouth, internet, and in person.
    It seems to be working. I really want BKT to he a household name, and recognized on sight. My next goal, BKT in the movies. Its a slow process, but it is moving forward.

Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

Blog Entries
    I got into Beckers cause my Ex got me one after she found them online, I think the internet is the best place to spread the word.

I have gotten almost 15 messages on YouTube from people saying that they got Becker knives after seeing my mod videos.

Def word-of-mouth in my case, dont recall seeing any Becker items before last year but I had heard the name BK&T. After google-researching Bush/"Survival" knives, Becker came up...and Kept coming up. Review and test after review and test...and I didnt hear anything negative.

The good online "Rep" of BK&T and the very reasonable pricepoints are what sealed the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbilly View Post
    Def word-of-mouth in my case, dont recall seeing any Becker items before last year but I had heard the name BK&T. After google-researching Bush/"Survival" knives, Becker came up...and Kept coming up. Review and test after review and test...and I didnt hear anything negative.

The good online "Rep" of BK&T and the very reasonable pricepoints are what sealed the deal for me.
    My introduction is the same as thrillbilly. I had never heard of BK&T but of course knew of KA-BAR but never owned one.

I had heard of BK&T from Tactical Knives or maybe Fighting Knives, (remember that one?) but never liked the looks of them in the magazine becasue the handle looked too big. Met Ethan on the way to my first BLADE show at Brigade Quartermaster and talked with him for a little bit. Nice fellow. I still hadn't bought any Beckers though until I kept hearing about them on the ESEE forum due to what appeared to me at least to be good natured kidding back and forth between the two. So if my Junglas is a bit heavy, now I have a BK9 to take. Two knives from two great companies.
    "Be prepared.....It is more than a motto it is a way of life."

Inducted Busse and Kin- Blade 2007

SpyderNation #0019

I first learned about Beckers from a friend about 2 years ago. He walked up to me one night and asked if I had ever heard of something called a BK-2. I said no, went home to check it out and its been downhill ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBowie View Post
    To be honest for me it was through Equip2Endure, I like their (Adam's) videos and he loves the BK2. I was shopping for a new camping/hiking knife at the time and of all the ones he talks about the BK2 was the most affordable without sacrificing ANY quality. That sparked me getting more into knives than I was already and that brought me here.

E2E- www.equip2endure.com
    Adam really sold me too...

I saw them on the interweb, and then I youtubed em. Then here, so pretty much word of mouths

I first came across Becker knives, well the BK9 to be exact, on the Blog of a fellow Bushcraft forum member.
    Then in a mention in a book and thereafter various Y-T vids.
    Once I discovered this place I did a fair bit of lurking here, gathering info .

There's nowhere anywhere near me that sells Beckers so I had no actual hands on before buying. I took a kind of leap of faith, so to speak, that certainly proved a good one .

Pete.

I thought people bought them because of all the cool colors. Black and metal gray.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    I thought people bought them because of all the cool colors. Black and metal gray.
    Yes, I did

Heard about them on here and liked what I read. Picked up a BK2 so far....

hey, i was only here a year before anyone else, except Ethan barely geeeeeeeeeeez.

Buy Becker. or else

oh, there's a contest idea. my first post date in Becker forum. mmm...

i thought people were buying Becker because they couldn't afford Cold Steel

i keed! i keed!!!
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1280 View Post
    I'm addicted to the simplistic greatness of these knives.
    I agree 100% the simplistic greatness of these knives is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    hey, i was only here a year before anyone else, except Ethan barely geeeeeeeeeeez.

Buy Becker. or else

oh, there's a contest idea. my first post date in Becker forum. mmm...

i thought people were buying Becker because they couldn't afford Cold Steel

i keed! i keed!!!
    12/03/2008 @ 4:30PM? LOL unless there were older posts that aint showin on the lists no more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Warrior View Post
    Googled survival knives. BK2 kept showing up. Researched and bought it. Found this place on Google during the same time period.
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^Yup.

12/03/2008 @ 4:30PM? LOL unless there were older posts that aint showin on the lists no more.
    good

Quote Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^Yup.
    and that's why we are here. 30 years late
    Bladite

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    good
    do I win a cookie? or perhaps your BK8? lmao

do I win a cookie? or perhaps your BK8? lmao
    maybe a cookie. not my BK8
    Bladite

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information