Thread: Walters (Canada)

Walters (Canada)

ADVERTISEMENT
    Became the owner of this nice Walters a short time back. It has a repair to the haft. I considered re-hanging it...But as the previous owner is now dead, and he did a good job, I have decided to leave it as is.
    The repair adds a bit of character and I get the feeling the 'Old Boy' loved his old axe.

regards...Frank

Walters. 002.jpg Walters. 005.jpg
    You can accomplish more with a kind word and a pick handle that you can with just a kind word!

Very cool old axe.

Nice one. One of those axe models there in NZ that we don't often see in the USA.

Walters was the longest running ax making company in Canada, it lasted for over 100 years. Here is a couple of pics of a Walters double bit that old Morley Walters gave to a friend of mine just before Morley passed on. It's from the last run of axes made by the company. I have cleaned up the bits since these pics were taken, it's a great ax.

Best regards

Robin

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hi Robin...Thanks for that info. I go easy with this old axe of mine because of the haft. But I must say she's fast in the air and clean on impact.

That DB of yours is special because of it's history. Great to have an axe with a story behind it.

Regards...Frank
    You can accomplish more with a kind word and a pick handle that you can with just a kind word!

Hi there Frank
    Funny you should mention "fast in the air" because this double bit feels like a wing in flight, soooo light and balanced. Maybe the Walters family knew something about aerodynamics Sadly the axe isn't mine. I just offered to clean it up for my friend.

Best regards

Robin

I love Walters. I wish I could find more of them. Quality workmanship, no doubt.

Axes4Life

"I love Walters. I wish I could find more of them. Quality workmanship, no doubt."

I'll keep my eyes open for you Bro, it's about the only marked axes I find up here. Nice collection of paper you have there my friend.

R

Pipeman - you know I love the paper......thanks. I know someone that has an liking for my Canadian Sager with paper label, might be willing to trade, if the situation is right!
    Axes4Life

Hey Operator, that yellow walters boys axe. That looks exactly like the one for sale online I've been drooling over for a month. Right down to the wear and tear. Is that the same axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyotter View Post
    Hey Operator, that yellow walters boys axe. That looks exactly like the one for sale online I've been drooling over for a month. Right down to the wear and tear. Is that the same axe?
    It was for sale at one time, but alas no longer is.
    Axes4Life

My wallet says thank you.

Thread Information