Thread: Contest: Artwork

Contest: Artwork

ADVERTISEMENT
    KA-BAR’s creative branch is moving into a new office space. The office space is in need of inspiring artwork. Whoever submits the best creation, as voted upon by the employees who will occupy the office space, will receive a KA-BAR knife. The Guidelines: Image(s) of artwork must be submitted to any KA-BAR official social media channel (video is optional, but a plus). Contest is open to ages 18 and above. We will request that the winning artwork be sent to KA-BAR for permanent display. Contest closes on Sunday, March 4 2012 at 11:59pm est. Winner will be announced by Friday, March 9 2012 by 4:30 pm est. You may submit as many entries as you like to any or all of our social media channels. A listing of these channels is below. Please tag your post as “KA-BAR Artwork Contest” and tag KA-BAR Knives where applicable.

https://www.facebook.com/KABARKNIVES
    https://twitter.com/KA_BAR
    https://plus.google.com/108773739377...59118633/posts
    http://officialkabar.wordpress.com/
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...-KA-BAR-Knives

Suggestions for artwork by employee request: life-size terracotta warriors (2); WWII USMC soldier with KA-BAR statue, large statue of a KA-BAR knife. Please note you will be required to send the artwork to us if you are selected as the winner. Though you can use any material you like, you may want to keep shipping costs in mind. Bonus points for including pictures of the creation of the artwork as well as using a KA-BAR knife. We recommend using cardboard, paper mache, or other lightweight material. Pictures, painted/drawn portraits, and other media are also valid entries. Show us what you got.

-OKB

Please post your submissions in this thread. Thank you.

-OKB

All I have so far, I hope you like 'em!

I like using the GIMP program. I'll give it a go:

EDIT: Just realized this contest ended yesterday, LOL! Oh well, still fun to do.
    Last edited by The Warrior; 03-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.

nice entries!
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

Sorry I missed the deadline for the contest, I realize that most likely excludes me from actually entering.

I figured I would share it with you guys anyways. The reason I picked to use the MK2 in the picture is because MY grandfather Carried a Ka-bar USN MK2 while serving in WW2. Had fun making it. I'm no expert at photoshop so keep that in mind, hope you guys like it.

I tell you what , I like that last one!

SEMPER-FI TIL I DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Nsvens89 View Post
    Sorry I missed the deadline for the contest, I realize that most likely excludes me from actually entering.
    You didn't miss the deadline; the contest ends this Sunday night. Excellent work, a strong entry.

-OKB

I figured I would share it with you guys anyways. The reason I picked to use the MK2 in the picture is because MY grandfather Carried a Ka-bar USN MK2 while serving in WW2. Had fun making it. I'm no expert at photoshop so keep that in mind, hope you guys like it.

Quote Originally Posted by OFFICIAL_KA-BAR View Post
    You didn't miss the deadline; the contest ends this Sunday night. Excellent work, a strong entry.

-OKB
    Very strong indeed. Well done, and amazing work.

Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

Shoot, game over. That's awesome work brother. I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Warrior View Post
    Shoot, game over. That's awesome work brother. I'm impressed.
    Thanks man, I had some other ideas but had a really hard time finding good photos for them.

Congratulations, Nsvens89. You have won our Artwork contest. As per contest rules, please send the photo in for us to hang in our new office. The address you can send the knife to is below. Please include your name and return address as well.

KA-BAR Knives
    Artwork Contest
    200 Homer Street
    Olean, NY 14760

-OKB

Congratulations man!

Very cool!!!!! Thanks! Ill go get that printed up and sent out this week. Wonder what knife the prize is? Very excited!!

Congrats! It was an awesome chop, I must say.

In my garage, huffing bleach for your new etch
    that is real cool man, great work

cool shop! wonder if that will be part of a new catalog.

I just wanted to let the nice folks at Ka-bar know that I will be sending this out tomorrow. I feel horrible that it took me so long to get around to it. It’s no excuse but I got caught up in life and school work. I do feel honored that you picked my entry, you should expect the package soon. Thanks again.
    -Nathan

I am not sure if you guy ever got the poster I sent out. Just checking in on it. Hope all you guys at Ka-bar had a good holiday.

Thread Information