Thread: Work shop

Work shop

ADVERTISEMENT
    I thought it might be interesting to share with each other a few pics of the places we do some of our hobbies.
    This is my Work-shop. Sometimes it's tidy, other times it's very untidy. It's one end of a 3 bay garage. I have my Work-shop at one end, my old ute (Pick-up) in the middle and my wife does some of her hobbies at the other end.

P1020773.jpg P1020771.jpg

The red grinder with the yellow emery paper on grinding disc is nothing to do with axes. Although some may try it! It is a specially designed tool for grinding combs and cutters for shearing sheep.

regards...Frank
    You can accomplish more with a kind word and a pick handle that you can with just a kind word!

that looks really nice. how do you keep it so clean?

my shop/woodshed is a mess... i actually had to stack/store my stove wood outside this year because my shed is full of so much crap. im going to clean it this spring

i like all the nice axes and crosscut saws too...

I would love to have a workshop like this, let alone with all these axes!
    MH370 &MH17, you will be remembered.

nice shop, if i show a picture of mine it looks like I collect clutter.

I would love to have a nice, spacious, well-lit workshop like that! Thanks for the photos, they give me some ideas.

I like this idea!
    This is my garage. I built the bench at the last cabinet shop I worked at, and I just finished the Perfect jersey last night.

Hi guys!

My work shop has three rooms

The first one, where all the tools are stored is my heating room. There I may not use any electric tools. The other room is my great-grand-dads old working shag, but without any electricity. The other "room" is the space between the heating-room and the shag. But itīs outdoor. When itīs raining, itīs some kind of hard work doing anything. But never mind. Now itīs dark outside, but I can post some pics of any of theese.

Kind regards
    Andi

Thanks CB-R. That's a full-on work-shop. Looks like plenty of activity happens there. Great looking Jersey. I can see why the word 'Perfect' is used. Another thing that interests me in the pics is the mallet on the bench. We've all seen plenty of axe hafts destroyed by people trying to bash them in with sorts of inappropriate tools.

regards...Frank.
    You can accomplish more with a kind word and a pick handle that you can with just a kind word!

Thanks for the kind words and for starting this thread, Frank. i'm very fond of that mallet. I made a couple of them at work a few months back out of some reclaimed Kia (African Mahogany). They came out heavy and were very quick builds. I'll likely make more of them just to keep on hand, as hangin axes is rough on wooden tools.

Great pics guys, I am in the process of setting my shop up, will post when done!

Good on yer Cutter...Everyone should have a work-shop. It doesn't have to be big or flash (in fact I like most things a little rough around the edges). Most important are: A good sturdy bench with a vice or some clamps for holding. A good source of light. Note how CB-R's bench is right at the window.

regards...Frank

yes I did take that fact in. My shed doesnt have a window, and it leaks @ one end, Im going to have to do some work in that regard I think, I bought a 100mm Vice yesterday, shelf price said 32 dollars, I checked the reciept whenI got home, the price scanned at $4! I also bought a wood rasp for $26.

Thread Information