Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad: ArtisticCutleryQuest - Resolved

Bad: ArtisticCutleryQuest - Resolved

ADVERTISEMENT
    SELLER BACKED OUT.
    Claimed he wouldn't ship to me because i don't have a verified paypal account, even though my shipping address is confirmed (i.e. paypal matched it to the actual billing address of my credit card on file). Kept pushing me to dislose my credit card for him to run on his own point-of-sale unit. No thanks, i don't give my credit card info to people i don't know, that's why i use paypal- it covers both our butts.

Called me a liar, said he had tons of people knocking down his door to give him more money for the knife. then said it i wanted the knife, i could pay the 450 he now wants to charge if i gave him my credit card number to run. Luckily it looks like my paypal got refunded.

Not selling within the rules and spirit of bladeforums. no thanks.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Post moved to "Feedback". Original thread is here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...e-Snody-Custom
    FAQ RulesMembership Subscription Options Update Your User Group

fides, ut anima, unde abiit eo nunquam redit

This guy mislead me on the phone And told me he was verified on pay pal

He ended up being unverifiable thru PayPal and they warned me not to ship until I understand I am not protected...and put his payment on review for over 24 hours during the time i contacted to ask him why he was dishonest

I tried to give him a chance and ask him to either become verified on PayPal and stand by his word....

Or send me a picture of his ID with any information he didnt want out there taped off, i will be happy to provide my corporate information to anyone who doubts i have a merchant account and run credit cards every day from doctors all over the world, with absolutely no problem.... and everything is kept safe and confidential to protect you...i can understand someone not wanting to give out information....

I never asked him for a gift i told him i'm not used to receiving paypal payments and understand there are fees and would appreciate if he could use what ever means would cost me the least... he sent me a gift in addition to his payment which was never asked for...he said oh heres a little something extra.... he was refunded every penny...the idea of someone scamming someone and refunding their money because they were dishonest doesn't add up, and neither do any of these claims....if you have some facts to put out there put them out...i stand transparent....you wont find a criminal conviction for me because there isn't one. FACT.

When he would not keep his word of being a verified user, and didn't want to pursue practical means of which there were several options like money orders, COD, etc, he responded i'm getting sick of this crap too.... He was issued an immediate full refund and told to get lost quick and told i didn't appreciate the disrespect to go buy the knife on ebay...(which is also my knife lol)

The guy is extremely paranoid and doesn't want to give out his info or provide info that would protect a rare knife from getting stolen by fraud by a guy name Weiner, but i can understand this.... and he was given options around that... this is a non issue being made into an issue of exageration and witch hunt...if you wanna burn someone at the stake pick up the phone and call me.... you will find i answer the phone, i have a physical address, i have a family, and will address any claim with absolute transparency and proof.

I mentioned to him that I don't have time for his crap and lies and that several other people have made offers and that there is one available on eBay for him to purchase for 200 dollars more since he wants to dish out extra cash and send me additional gifts i never asked for...

This is unwarranted crap..and this guy doesn't even have a site membership...i thought he was a pretty nice guy on the phone though and i still stand that in the transaction he was pretty respectful until the issue of verification came up to which he was completely unwilling to work with me in the slightest degree. he said send me my knife....and i said i'll be refunding your money after i check with pay pal again and they are not protecting me to send it to someone who won't add a bank account, or provide some means of identification.

If anyone wants a reference for me.....pm Mike Snody who knows me personally...I don't play little games with people....this is an artistic collectors exclusive line ....people want to message me talking this and the and have no idea the products I have are completely different and limited exclusive collectors runs made directly for soldier review, law enforcement, out of respect not professional cause...because i spent extra money to get those knifes made at a higher quality so that i could thank the members of our armed forces for protecting our freedom... and if a few high end collectors like this guy wanted to pay for the knives than thats great too.

the particular knife he purchased was not one i had made by mike but rather a very rare one i purchased on the forum. people are criticising me for selling knives at prices but who are they to value the knives at anything when they are selling for 40 percent more on ebay?

These are premium knives and I will not deal with someone who tries to mislead me and specifically claim they are paypal verified. I would have accepted alternative payment in several ways the easiest through my corporation. secondly through longer and more dragged out means of Money order, COD, or direct deposit.

I can appreciate the integrity of the exchange here and what makes it so great and having no feedback score yet (which is about to change on tuesday) i can understand and respect everyones wishes to keep a watchdog mentality, and why I have stayed out of this thread. this thread is one of exageration, accusation, and fiction with no proof. I'm here for positive vibes because i love the community. i would not do something so rediculous on the first transaction i process when I have a hugeeeee box of knives on the way to me and i just paid to become a dealer.

I have used different means of protecting my families security on the forum after getting threatening emails when i first joined over comments I made about a certain "custom" knife maker. I'm not intimidated, i support the community and their justified care about the integrity of the exchange and thats why I respect this thread and encourage those to back up their statements they are making about scamming with proof...if i was scamming someone...i had the guys money....he sent me two payments....i don't have time for small time crap and i have a family to feed. so those who walk all over that have zero class and they themselves are becoming the same symbol of menace that they accuse me of being.

I hope everyone has a great weekend i really don't care too much more about false accusations...i put this thread in my signature and just as it says i'll be happy to proving my corporate and tax information address phone number social security number thumb print retina scan blood and hair sample and a hug because it seems like some of you could use one.

there is a point at which appropriate watchdog mentality goes overboard and none of these people have approached me directly, but they all "know everything "

my family is right here, our credit is great, we love each other, and our business is very successful, this is a hobby... and I have faith that when all the facts come out there will be a lot of love coming my way and maybe there will be a thread that I'm Good.
    Last edited by ArtisticCutleryQuest; 02-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Why didn't you just offer to use a USPS Money Order, instead of PP? I don't use PayPal, I tell the seller I want to use a USPS MO, and although they have to wait a couple of days to get it, it avoids any fees on their side. Just my $.02.

Seller has the right to choose whom he sells to.This is a non-issue IMO.

Having said that,If you want to be taken seriously ACQ,you need to be able to post pics of your product.

The title is misleading, it sounds like the seller kept the money and the knife.

You know Mike personally as of like a month ago because you are spending so much money on his knives. Otherwise, he would not give you the time of day. You are trying to gleen personal info. from users to steal from, plain and simple. And this collection? You buy knives and then are trying to flip them for twice what you paid Mike and claiming they are SPECIAL? Give it up dude.

Let's see proof of you working with LEO/Military... Let's see this website all hooked up.

You've been banned once as SlicePie and now you are hoping to stick around here because Mike wants more of your money? I can't wait until you get busted, AGAIN. Maybe another arrest? Take your lies and stories and go scam people else where.

BTW< you want to run his credit card? I bet. And you want his photo ID? Nice... You are a piece of work just barely staying out of jail
    Change is the only constant...

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
    The title is misleading, it sounds like the seller kept the money and the knife.
    That was my fault as I had to name the new thread when the OP's post was moved here from the sale thread.

I've removed the source of any confusion and hopefully the discussion will remain centered on the facts.

Ahhh, gotcha. Feel free to delete my comment about it if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by sloth357 View Post
    You know Mike personally as of like a month ago because you are spending so much money on his knives. Otherwise, he would not give you the time of day. You are trying to gleen personal info. from users to steal from, plain and simple. And this collection? You buy knives and then are trying to flip them for twice what you paid Mike and claiming they are SPECIAL? Give it up dude.

Let's see proof of you working with LEO/Military... Let's see this website all hooked up.

You've been banned once as SlicePie and now you are hoping to stick around here because Mike wants more of your money? I can't wait until you get busted, AGAIN. Maybe another arrest? Take your lies and stories and go scam people else where.

BTW< you want to run his credit card? I bet. And you want his photo ID? Nice... You are a piece of work just barely staying out of jail

Hmmm,very interesting!Thanks for sharing this,sloth

First of all, my paypal shipping address is confirmed (i.e. paypal has matched it to the billing address associated with the credit card I have on file with paypal). I may have misstated I was verified over the phone- it's hard to talk cuz ACQ speaks like he posts- verbal spewage. Consequently his paypal account wasn't verified either.

ACQ posted in the for sale forum he would sell for $400 and take PayPal + fees. I made him an offer of $400 out the door for me but he declined, fair enough. He asked for $400 + shipping + paypal fees, but had subsequently posted (post #7, which has sinced been edited surprise surprise) that price included shipping.

When I called him on that, he said his cousin posted that by mistake. He kept trying to get me to give him my credit card number to charge directly- no thanks. You can say all you want about not knowing me, it's a two way street. I have no clue who you are, especially because you posted as Slicepie under the name Ivan, and now you answer to Ken.

When he finally sent me a paypal invoice with a price that included (actually more than covered) the price plus paypal fee, he still asked that I send it as a "gift" to offset costs, saying that people were knocking down his door offering more money under his terms.

I guess not being verified (although still 100% confirmed) gave him a way to weasel out of the deal and try to get more money. Again he asked to either give him my CC info directly, or send a copy of my DL, which I don't feel I have to do. I gave him my ebay handle showing 100% feedback over 10 years.

I also told him I dealt with Ultra.Reef successfully over ebay/paypal, and he told me he's not ultra.reef and that I can deal with him instead. Yet he keeps saying that we can ask Snody about him- well, again, 2 way street. I was trying to deal with ACQ, not Mike Snody.

He said that Paypal told him not to ship and that they thought the payment was suspicious. I spoke with paypal on the phone this morning and was told there was no problem with the payment, and it's not their policy to tell people not to ship items, cuz they don't know what it's for, they just securely move the money. So who's the one that's lying??

Yes, he gave me a full refund. The only thing I lost is time, but then again he knows my home address and ebay handle now, all because I acted in good faith.

If any members here want the e-mail transcripts before dealing with this guy, all you have to do is ask me.

His post #7 about shipping costs being included has been subsequently edited, as is his asking price which has jumped to $450. This isn't an auction site. I acted in good faith, you haven't responded in kind.

Good luck.

I was warned off of this seller by a member of more than a few months standing. I was told a lot of bad things about him which I won't repeat because I can't prove it. I was also told he was formerly SlicePie also and the member who told me all of this is not currently participating in this thread.

If the seller wants credibility, a good start would be quality images and some positive feedback.

Acq is digging a deep hole. It is getting deeper and wider

How is this ACQ guy not a dealer selling under a platinum membership?

Quote Originally Posted by budthachud View Post
    How is this ACQ guy not a dealer selling under a platinum membership?
    Fwiw, he has just upgraded his membership to "dealer".

ArtisticCutleryQuest raises all the Red Flags.

Caveat Emptor

I PM'd the Military Member asking about one of these knives and warned him.

This whole thing reaks of scam.
    The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Nice, because if he IS Slicepie, Spark just made a bit of extra money. WIN!!!

Leadfoot

Okay folks, time to tell the truth about this guy.....

ArtisticCutleryQuest is the same person as SlicePie (banned), I contacted one of our Mods (Esav Benyamin) directly and he acknowledged that they are indeed the same person. His real name is Kenneth Aaron Babbit and he is a CRIMINAL with a shady past:

http://www.mugshots.com/US-Counties/...abbit/details/
    http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florid...babbit/3590142

I know it is him because he bought a knife from me recently under his now banned username SlicePie, please see thread below and the screenshot of our Paypal transaction:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...eather-sheaths
    Attachment 259906

Notice that his name and address from our Paypal transaction MATCH UP EXACTLY with his name and address from the Mugshots link I posted above. Kenneth Aaron Babbit is a fraud, plain and simple. He was initially banned and has now come back under a new username; why is this being allowed? And why would he ask one of our members for credit card and driver's license info over the phone? He may or may not deliver the knives...I don't know his true intentions, but personally I would not risk dealing with him and I don't think the members of this forum should either.

FYI, he uses 2 different e-mail addresses:
    dmidental@yahoo.com
    planetearthstylee@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info on yet another scammer/thief.

Oldboy, you're like the modern Sherlock Holmes who happens to love knives .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information