Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: CRK Annual Limited Editions

ADVERTISEMENT
    tomhalv: thanks for posting more - WOW, that spirograph is excellent.

MVG: very nice as well - awesome bark, and really like the Redwood Burl/Spirograph combo as well. Thanks for sharing them.

The 2011s are a bit different, but I warmed up to them and got the set. Really glad I got these with dual lugs and swedge as well.

Last edited by hoodep; 05-12-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    WTB:
    Mayo
    Barker
    MSC SnG, new style only
    CRK Large Annuals with mammoth

This is a 2008 small Annual with Mammoth and Ladder Damascus

My only Annual, a small 1999 w/blued Damascus and Buckeye Burl inlay:

lisantica: thanks for the contribution, a very fine one at that - excellent blued Spirograph.
    WTB:
    Mayo
    Barker
    MSC SnG, new style only

Large Black Palm

Redwood Burl with Spirograph Damascus

Raymond's Renegades #23
    Reeve-aholic #1984

WTB: Scott Cook Lochsa - Michael Raymond Estrella

Great Pics Guys............How many of you actually Use and Carry your Annuals......? I can see babying the Mammoth Bark, but the wood inlay versions.........?

WOW, those Large Annual Sebenza w/ Mammoth Ivory or Bark are amazing! I want one now! If anyone has one in MINT that they want to sell CHEAP, LMK =)

I use my large regular (Cross hairs) every day. I do not carry my mammoth or annuals

Tried to get a better shot of my one and only. Blurred out my thumb nail.

Attached Images Attached Images

Wow Blue damascus is really rare and beautiful.
    Just added another one to my collection should arrive this week, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nyefmaker View Post
    Great Pics Guys............How many of you actually Use and Carry your Annuals......? I can see babying the Mammoth Bark, but the wood inlay versions.........?
    I use both large and small Annuals regularly (both wood, non-damascus). I don't have to abuse them, but I don't really baby them neither. Large Box Elder went to several camping trips last summer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    The blue mammoth bark that CRK used in 2006 is AMAZING. Without a doubt, my favorite inlay that they've ever used.
    The sebenza 2006 - 2008 annual limited editions in mammoth ivory, bark and inner ivory, are the most beautiful Chris Reeve knives ever made, I love every single one I've seen, especially some of the examples above and on this forum. In the mammoth bark, a sebenza with a lot of blue colour in the ivory is breathtaking.

I prefer, and ended up buying, an inner cut mammoth ivory 2008 small annual LE sebenza. It is a creamy tan colour with a few darker marks which, in my opinion, add character. I think most that see it assume it is a wood inlay of some kind, which is fine by me. The magnificence of a sebenza is appreciated in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by nyefmaker View Post
    I would imagine that most, if not all, LE mammoth ivory sebenza knives with damascus blades would be show pieces and not regular users. Does anyone here actually use their damascus annual edition sebenzas on a regular basis? I chose an S30V blade, not damascus, because I use my sebenza as an everyday carry and value the properties of S30V highly in this role.

I bought, and use, a small 2008 annual LE mammoth ivory sebenza because to me it is the perfect fusion of the ancient natural world and the modern technological world. As a sentimental knife, these beautiful elements of both history and precision make my sebenza very special to me; I love my knife even more because I carry it with me daily and use it as often as I can, and it performs admirably every time.

Like my spouse, car, instrument, etc., my appreciation grows as I learn its nuances and subtleties. I can instantly open the knife using only a flick of my thumb and transition into a cutting grip with absolute efficiency of motion, barely changing my grip. I know when to push cut and when to slice with the small blade, and how to use a steel hone to keep the edge is great condition.

As my sebenza travels with me, fine lines in the polish appear and other wear marks appear on the body, it, like myself, is aging gracefully. A little maintenance is all it ever asks: some warm mineral oil on the mammoth ivory every few months, a strip down and lubrication every 3-6 weeks, a pass over with a steel hone every week or so, and a regular wash with hot water and soap keep it looking great, very sharp, and opening instantly with only a thumb flick. It's almost due for its first annual treatment with renaissance wax on the mammoth ivory inlay, I'll post pics when I do.

After 8 months of regular use, my mammoth ivory inlay looks as good as new, my blade has a very tiny nick near the tip (likely from an errant coin or key in my pocket) and a few hairline scratches in the polish from wiping the blade clean. At first the hairline scratches really bothered me, the stonewash blade of the micarta sebenza hides these well, but they don't bother me anymore because I won't let them. The tiny nick does bother me, but that will come out when I get the blade sharpened properly, and it is located so close to the tip that is doesn't affect the majority of my slicing. The pocket clip, on the other hand, is very scuffed and scratched. It has also scratched a couple of my wooden armchairs on the arm and even a bit of the paint on my car. I have to be careful not to forget about the pocket clip when very close to or carrying fragile objects; without a doubt, the clip shows the most signs of wear on my knife.

I can only afford one sebenza. I only need one sebenza. Sebenza means work. I am going to work my sebenza, without hesitation, and enjoy every minute of using such a wonderful knife.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhalv View Post
    Here are some of mine

Outstanding and gorgeous, each for their own reasons, are any of them users?

Nope They are just used for show and tell

I think Hoodeps large annual deserves another look. This is a very impressive and rare chunk of mammoth bark and pictures do not do justice to it. If you held this in your hand you would be shocked by its beauty.

Some great posts - thanks all, I really enjoy seeing your pictures. Keep them coming.

Here's another shot of my large with it open... I meant to get some pictures of another today, but it is nasty outside here...

Last edited by hoodep; 05-12-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    WTB:
    Mayo
    Barker
    MSC SnG, new style only

Quote Originally Posted by tomhalv View Post
    Wow Blue damascus is really rare and beautiful.
    Just added another one to my collection should arrive this week, can't wait.

Out of all the annuals I have seen, I probably like this one the best. Its a large regular which is a plus, but I really LOVE Bocote wood, so this would be the one for me. WOW, just WOW.....Thanks for sharing.

That Bocote is a nice wood - I look forward to a picture of it open when tomhalv receives it.
    WTB:
    Mayo
    Barker
    MSC SnG, new style only

Quote Originally Posted by hoodep View Post
    Some great posts - thanks all, I really enjoy seeing your pictures. Keep them coming.

Here's another shot of my large with it open... I meant to get some pictures of another today, but it is nasty outside here...

It is a beauty, indeed, on the first, second, and third, and ... look. Will you be using it?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information