Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hairline crack on gen 3 (cts-xhp)

ADVERTISEMENT
    That`s the CTS XHP mark/stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconss View Post
    Good eyes Strider, I dont see it. All I see are the 7 dots in pic#2 (4 in a square with 3 dots in a line to the right, looks like a kite)

Quote Originally Posted by akubra View Post
    That`s the CTS XHP mark/stamp.
    Yeah, should a seen it on my screen (funny) just looked like a bunch of dots

Well, I can see how you would mistake it for a couple of dots. Most of the stamp is pretty faint.

First off, something like this should really be brought directly to the manufacturer to deal with rather than posted on this forum in this fashion, send an email or PM to Rob Orlando and he will deal with it. This is the second time I have ever heard of it associated with an XM-18, it can happen but it is rare.

My personal opinion, you could use the h*ll out of this knife to no ill effect, I honestly don't think the small portion of metal between the gimping and thumbstud hole hampers much of the strength of this knife but clearly the strength is less than if there was no crack. But, if it was my knife, I would have contacted Rob first to determine my options and then go from there.

Let it go Rich. It will never end.
    Mike Kammer

I Apologize with no offer of excuse for entertaining the dialogue early this morning. My initial response was buffered by my sense of Forum "P.C. ness" My initial feeling was who cares, non-problem but saw a possible newbieness and possible cultural divide so tried to trouble shoot at a time possibly before somes wake up call on a Sunday morning.
    Thought photos would be helpful, think I mentioned not much to see if anything and certainly nothing threatening to function or use.
    Anyway, if any feathers got ruffled, I certainly take full responsibility for entertaining what should have possibly been better handled by my initial instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Let it go Rich. It will never end.
    It is now ended Mike
    Last edited by ibewno3; 02-26-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information