Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Anso design **The Minos**

ADVERTISEMENT
    double post
    Last edited by TJT; 09-07-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: double tap

yup just placed a order with Blade HQ ..they just got them in ..
    I been waiting awhile for these

Yikes. More expensive than I was assuming it would be. Gonna have to pass for now I think...

I ordered one as well. My wallet is going to hate me, but it's a BEAUTIFUL looking knife.

I love Anso's designs, I wish I could afford more of them.

I haven't seen any photos of the Minos packaging yet. Does it come in one of those nice folding boxes with the drawstring pouch like I keep seeing the Haddock in? That and the Cox are some other ones I REALLY want to pick up one of these days... Jens is one heck of an artist.
    Last edited by SpydieFox; 09-22-2012 at 02:33 AM.

mine is out for delivery as i type this

It just showed up at the door:

I am very impressed by this knife. It locks up rock solid, feels good in the hand*, and looks a lot better in person than in the pictures, plus the color of the stonewashed finish is much darker than the pics show. VERY SOLID!
    I was amazed at the low serial number. I thought all the early ones would have been sold already in Europe.

*The clip is different feeling. It doesn't interfere with the normal grip but you are aware it is there. It actually helps in the reverse grip.
    Last edited by westfork; 09-22-2012 at 12:27 PM.

A few more pics:

Looks like a keeper for sure! Thanks for the excellent pic's, its always nice to see what the knife looks like other than the web site.
    dc

Mine came today ....Boker did a great job on this ..low serial number 14

Will you be able to move the clip to tip up?

no only tip down carry

some more shots

Last edited by Ruckus Rampage; 09-22-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Very nice - I wish they had kept the spydie hole

Please tell me the thumbstud can be reversed for lefties

I want to grab one of these so bad!

Id probably part with my 561 for one, but Im concerned about all the issues you hear about boker and their blades. Ive never owned a Boker either.

Got mine today, #31. First Boker I've bought in many years . Hope after use no blade play appears side to side or up & down due to the lock . If so I hope their warranty covers it otherwise I won't buy another one - been there done that with a Strider •

OK, now that some time has passed...has anyone been having any lock-up issues with this knife??

Really want to get one, but frankly I'm scared to with the history Boker has with Ti framelocks.

Anyone carried and used it enough to give some good reports?

Thanks

BTW, bought a Kwaiken and its my new all time favorite production knife.Good stuff Boker!!
    -Jon Looking for TC Barlows, especially my first soup bone and yellow bone

We used to play for silver now we play for life. And one's for sport, and one's for blood at the point of a knife...

My dealer is still holding a low single digit sn for me - just found out Saturday! Nice knife - but this close to Christmas, I don't have the $305, inc s/t, to purchase it - $30.50 would be difficult! He said he'd hold it for me. Sigh.

Stainz

Just a follow up on Minos s/n 002. I had long forgotten about it. I actually thought I had told the vendor to put it back in the display case for sale back before Christmas. I had... but my wife had him hold it - for her! She bought it yesterday - and presented me with it last night. I checked it out months ago - it was/is perfect. I found myself looking at them every trip there - including last Saturday. Mine was, obviously, an early one - and priced at $279 - current fare is $339 (+9% s/t!) - and no more price matching or discounts - times are tough at the locally owned sporting goods store. KEEPER! (Her and the knife!)

Stainz

"My new Boker is number two!" (TIC)

Awesome story and a great knife ( love mine too ).Use it in good health bro.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information