Thread: Question about a 0350 blem vs new

Question about a 0350 blem vs new

ADVERTISEMENT
    Im on a tight budget but want a burte folder to have along with my vantage pro buck that I edc everyday. I found the 0350 blems and the price is deffently right on them. However im a little unsure of what I will be getting. Is the new in box worth the extra money or have you guys had good luck with the blems. I did notice the blems dont carry any warrenty on them which kidda scares me away a little. Also this will be my first zt purchase and I am ready to pull the trigger on a 0350 just wondering what I would be getting with a blem.

Thanks in advance guys.

blems are awesome. They are great knifes that have little flaws. Having no warranty may scare a few but there is nothing you couldn't fix for a couple bucks minus breaking the handle/blade. If you going to use it allot go with a blem.

i prefer to buy blems; i like the big discount on a blade that functionally has nothing wrong with it...sometimes it's a cosmetic flaw, sometimes it's a slight uneven grind...doesn't matter to me, they do the work no different than a first...

Quote Originally Posted by chester22 View Post
    blems are awesome. They are great knifes that have little flaws. Having no warranty may scare a few but there is nothing you couldn't fix for a couple bucks minus breaking the handle/blade. If you going to use it allot go with a blem.
    fyi...i had a blem basic leek that was dropped (out of a car) and scraped pretty badly...contacted kershaw and asked how much new scales would cost...sent them to me no charge...i think every part but the blade itself can be comped out if you ask (nicely) and they have it in stock....

Quote Originally Posted by pilote View Post
    fyi...i had a blem basic leek that was dropped (out of a car) and scraped pretty badly...contacted kershaw and asked how much new scales would cost...sent them to me no charge...i think every part but the blade itself can be comped out if you ask (nicely) and they have it in stock....
    Well seems like a blem it is. Thanks for all the input guys really appricate it. And just to add I will most deffently be using this knife it wont just sit around odds are will get used and beat pretty badly hince why im looking at a zt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickKnight View Post
    Well seems like a blem it is. Thanks for all the input guys really appricate it. And just to add I will most deffently be using this knife it wont just sit around odds are will get used and beat pretty badly hince why im looking at a zt.
    You will love the 0350, it was my very first introduction into the ZT line. The knives are top shelf as are the folks that build them. Give Kershawguy a buzz and get the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    You will love the 0350, it was my very first introduction into the ZT line. The knives are top shelf as are the folks that build them. Give Kershawguy a buzz and get the ball rolling.
    Thats the guy im going to be purchasing the knife from and im so looking foward to a zt. The last kershaw I owned was a blackout and that was about 3 years ago.

KershawGuy is amazing and His shipping speed is scary. Your in good hands

Yup. Kershawguy is THE MAN to go to for blems. I have a ZT 301 and a 350 that came from him. The 301 had a tiny white spot on one of the stripes on the blade. I couldnt find any other flaw on the knife. The 350 only had a couple small scratches on the dlc coating on the top of the blade. Both knives function great and are solid performers. You really cant go wrong getting a blem from Kershawguy.

Family's that hunt together STAY together. Keep a sharp knife handy,
    Marty Ley and FAMILY

With the blems, you're not going to get an unsafe or non-functioning knife. As others have said, it's normally a cosmetic issue or something like the S60V Blurs blems which were mostly a wavy secondary bevel grind.

I love Kershawguy and have bought and will buy from him in the future but there is a website out there selling 0350s new for just over what his blem price is.

I dare not suggest who is selling them but I'm sure you can find it easily. At the normal 160 ish price they are going for the blem is a steal but for some reason, someone out there hasn't got the message on the MAP for the 0350.

I bought a 0350 blem from Kershawguy not too long ago. The package arrived FAST as usual from Dave. I am pretty picky about my knives and I really looked this one over. I can't find anything wrong with it. I feel that the blems are a great deal. An 0350 blem = an outstanding knife at a fantastic price.

I just got a Ti JYD and it ended up being a blem but the seller forgot to mention it. Liked it so much, didn't even care, I really don't see anything too wrong with it and it flips/locks up perfect. And for the price I got it, really can't complain. Blem it up.

My 0300 blem is flawless! Awesome knife and if it didn't have XXXX then one would never be able to tell it's a blem.

As others have said, KershawGuy apparently has a post office in the backyard because shipping is lightening fast

As far as blems go, I dont have a ZT blem, but several Kershaw blems. All have issues so small that most of the time, other than the XXXX on the blade, its very hard to discern why the knife is a blem. Shows you how particular Kershaw is about the blades they ship as 'new'.

Get the blem, save some money, and have a knife that your not afraid to use the way it was meant to be.

I bought my Skyline blem from Kershawguy, and it took me a week to figure out what the issue is with it (1/8" scuff on the blade next to the model number), and the shipping speed was crazy fast! Don't hesitate, buy from Dave!

I bought a blem for my dad because he is cheap, he was used to buying Schrade old timer knives(carbon steel blades) bought him a composite leek, he loves it.

Have bought blems for myself and friends for years from Kershawguy and no issues at all. Enjoy and buy all you can afford.

Thread Information