Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there any hope left?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hello again guys

I know this is quite an oldie but i'm afraid i need your help again!
    I'm again looking for a 3" EDC folder different from the ones i used to have.
    Any suggestions?
    Is it just me or are 3" EDC folders being a little forgoten by knife companies these days?
    It seems that more and more bigger ones are being released but not so many 3" knives!
    So guys any recommendation?
    I would like it to be under 80$ this time

Thanks

always been intrigued by the Zing!
    might try it out

please, keep it coming guys

I had a large Insingo, as I prefer the longer blades/longer grips. Sold it/traded it before I ever got a chance to use it. I did manage to cut myself while I was wrapping it up for the Flat Rate box.
    Since you already have a small Sebbie, not sure how much difference this small Insingo will offer you.

Sonnydaze

no more different options?
    have i tried all that is worth trying?

42°32'15.67"N 83°28'52.89"W Michigan, USA
    Have you looked at Mcusta's. I been looking hard at the Tsuchi, Gentleman's Folder and Tactility (this one may be too big for your requirements though).

I'm gonna echo a few other guys here; get a custom folder. Find a maker (wish I could help with that) who will do exactly what you want. I have no problem with production knives, I can usually find what I want but you seem to have tried a rather large range of those, so your only real option is to design your own "perfect" knife.

Yep, custom is the way to go. I've got a Darrel Ralph Trigger Maze that's about that size, for instance. It's a nice knife.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

If you don't mind the non-one hand opening, then RevDevil's suggestion of a slip joint or small lock back may be the way to go. Some of them are really well made, aesthetically pleasing, etc... Great Eastern Cutlery makes most out of 1095 but some are available in 440c, if stainless is your preference. You really have a delimited field of possibility--I go with a para2 due to its 3.1 inch cutting surface. I also carry a GEC Northfield #42 Missouri Trader lock back for when the para2 is 'inappropriate'...

I had a similar list to yours and sold off all.
    I did keep my acies2 though.

Last edited by jmsodpc; 11-03-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jac8610 View Post
    I'm gonna echo a few other guys here; get a custom folder. Find a maker (wish I could help with that) who will do exactly what you want. I have no problem with production knives, I can usually find what I want but you seem to have tried a rather large range of those, so your only real option is to design your own "perfect" knife.
    That would probably be the best thing to do.
    I have the design already in mind but don't have the cash for it right now
    Will send you an email to talk about it though

Quote Originally Posted by Aias View Post
    If you don't mind the non-one hand opening, then RevDevil's suggestion of a slip joint or small lock back may be the way to go. Some of them are really well made, aesthetically pleasing, etc... Great Eastern Cutlery makes most out of 1095 but some are available in 440c, if stainless is your preference. You really have a delimited field of possibility--I go with a para2 due to its 3.1 inch cutting surface. I also carry a GEC Northfield #42 Missouri Trader lock back for when the para2 is 'inappropriate'...
    I really prefer one handed openers my friend but thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by jmsodpc View Post
    I had a similar list to yours and sold off all.
    I did keep my acies2 though.
    The Acies2 seems very nice indeed however they are hard to come by on this side of the world!
    Maybe one day

Thanks for the help guys and keep it coming if you can think of alternatives.

another nice one is the Grayman Dua (carbon fiber one on top pic)

I've been eying a Benchmade 707 Sequel.

or... ....Since you already tried a Strider PT how about a SJ75??

Maybe a Microtech mini-socom?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information