Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Fish Pics

ADVERTISEMENT
    ^^ any luck on the frogs yet? im up in mass and they are hitting crankbaits, but no top water yet... i can wait for summer!
    Proud supporter of JK handmade knives #91
    "Long is the way and hard, that out of hell leads up to light" - John Milton

I think I've caught somewhere between 6-8 fish on a frog so far. Maybe one more or one less but that's it up until this point. I would say though that the next few weeks the frog bite should be getting good. What's your favorite brand of frog to fish?

Got a couple more "Coosa Spots" to bite for me yesterday. The fishing has been pretty tough for me the past few weeks, though in all fairness I'm not a great fisherman I just REALLY enjoy fishing. Anyway I caught them on a PJ's Lil' Brush jig in a 1/4oz size with a matching Zoom swimming chunk trail with the tails dyed chartreuse. Gear, as you can see, was a Shimano Symetre 3000 spooled with 30# Power Pro with a P-Line CXX 15# leader mounted on a Powell 683 medium power extra fast action rod. Great fun catching these fish on spinning tackle!!

Trout pics

Here's a nice double a buddy and I caught. His beautiful Winston rod and my trout knife by a local maker Mr. Jerry McDonald.

Biggest Brown Trout I've ever landed.

[QUOTE=flyfishrman;10798358]Here's a nice double a buddy and I caught. His beautiful Winston rod and my trout knife by a local maker Mr. Jerry McDonald.

Biggest Brown Trout I've ever landed.[/QUOTE

very large brownies man. pretty! where you at?

Thanks Hung-solo.

I'm in Memphis, but caught all those fish on the Little Red River just outside of Searcy, AR. I call that my home water since my dad lives about 30 miles from there. World class trout waters there. That river is a tailwater off of the dam at Greers Ferry lake. Nice and cold all year, in fact the world record light tackle brown came out of those waters. 40 something lbs on 4 lb test! Great fishing if you ever make it that way.
    Last edited by flyfishrman; 04-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishrman View Post

Thanks Hung-solo.

I'm in Memphis, but caught all those fish on the Little Red River just outside of Searcy, AR. I call that my home water since my dad lives about 30 miles from there. World class trout waters there. That river is a tailwater off of the dam at Greers Ferry lake. Nice and cold all year, in fact the world record light tackle brown came out of those waters. 40 something lbs on 4 lb test! Great fishing if you ever make it that way.
    holy smokes . thanks man

Got back out on the lake again today, caught 6 spotted bass, though 5 of them were under 12". This is the "biggest" one for today, still fun on my spinning gear and finesse jig. Same set-up as last time. It's really getting hot here, I HATE the summer time, I'd much rather fish in the cold than the heat that's coming for the next 5 months or so. All the fish I've been catching lately have been suspended over 15 to 25 feet of water. The ones I'm catching are eating my jig on the intial fall, not after I've fished it on the bottom. I can just watch my line, when they bite they just take off with it so my line speeds up, all there is to do then is set the hook.

I had one of those days you dream about as a fisherman yesterday. I was fishing my favorite way to catch bass, frogs, and they were really eating it. I got between 10 to 12 bites with the biggest one a nice 4 pounder. Didn't have my phone so no pics of those fish. No problem I'll just head back out today and do it all over again, wrong. Only got a single bass today, though another fish about this same size hit my frog I didn't get a good hookset so it jumped and spit the lure. I guess that's what's so special about days like yesterday, actually being in the exact right place at the exact right time.

Any guy here that likes to fish the heavy grass with a frog knows just how much fun it can be. I really enjoy using my heavy action frog rod with 50 pound braided line and a locked down drag to horse these fish outta there. I know some guys that say it's to much work to fish this way and they didn't come to the lake to work they came to relax but nothing beats it in my book. The frog bite doesn't last all that long here either so you have to do it while you can before the water gets super hot and the grass gets to thick to fish with a frog. As you guys probably already know when the water gets to hot the majority of fish leave the shallow grass and head to their summer deep water homes. The ones that do stay shallow get under the thickest mats they can find and the only way to get to them is with a flipping stick and a really heavy weight.

Anyway guys just wanted to keep the thread alive and post up these few pics, thanks for looking and good fishing to you all.

awesome. great pics and sounds like a great day.

^ very nice

Teeny panfish, I know but this is the first fish I've caught (or tried to catch) in more than a decade on something other than my fly rod (Sage 5 weight, 4 piece). Decided to try out the hobo kit I recently compiled. Proof of concept - proven.

---

Beckerhead #42

Quote Originally Posted by GingivitisKahn View Post
    Teeny panfish, I know but this is the first fish I've caught (or tried to catch) in more than a decade on something other than my fly rod (Sage 5 weight, 4 piece). Decided to try out the hobo kit I recently compiled. Proof of concept - proven

---

Beckerhead #42
    I read your post on my Android phone. I had to zoom in on the pic before I spotted the fish
    Long live the weasels!

Today I told my wife I was going to the gym, instead I changed my mind midway and went fishing instead for a couple of hours

Caught a couple of Sea Needles with a More-Silda lure and sillkthread. I released them all again, as I couldn't bring back fish from the "gym". That's an added bonus with silk, the fish is left totally unharmed.

After I was done I spent 30 mins washing up, trying to remove the fish smell from my hands
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Long live the weasels!

Use lemon to get the fish stink off your hands.
    It'll also help you find and cuts and scrapes you've accumulated during the day

Quote Originally Posted by PropThePolecat View Post
    I read your post on my Android phone. I had to zoom in on the pic before I spotted the fish
    Doh!

---

Beckerhead #42

Caught this guy earlier today, biggest largemouth I've landed so far (4.5 lbs). Got em on a watermelon & red speck plastic worm.

Took this pic yesterday while I had the boys out fishing...the boy's usually use a bobber & red worms to fish for the BlueGill. While I was getting set up Brady wanted to try my little "Ultralight Reel" set up with a Neon Yellow Zoom Worm (the boy's have never tried anything but live bait) so I explaind to him how to work the Zoom....Here are the results on his 2nd cast !
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The boy's love it ! Took them back last night & they were catching small hybrid bass about 8~10" long, couldn't keep your line in the water for them !
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Caught this little Channel Cat on a Night Crawler on the bottom -
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Blog Entries
    Bass from the last couple of years -

This 'gill was from today - this one was full of eggs - I was out and got 16 bass and two of these gills.

best

mqqn

Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    "Building Knives Meant To Be Used, One At A Time" John Kiedaisch
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

Blog Entries
    I just caught this little guy last friday!
    Photo0114.jpg

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information