Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best Spyderco EDC

best Spyderco EDC

ADVERTISEMENT
    is was wondering what the best spiderco folding knife is for EDC can you put some pics on, thanks

Don't have a personal pic of mine handy, but I think for overall "perfect size", overall utility, ambi opening and closing, strong lock, great steel, legal length in most jurisdictions: the Para Military 2 is incredibly hard to beat.

Well, most people are going to tell you the Paramilitary 2.. for good reason though, but really it comes down to what you like.

Last edited by The_Boss; 03-07-2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Added picture.

para2:

Last edited by jimnolimit; 03-07-2012 at 01:50 AM.

thank guys for all of your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reece Matthews View Post
    thank guys for all of your posts
    welcome. the para2 is my favorite EDC design, another good EDC model is the caly 3.5.

here's a pic of one of my EDC setups:

Last edited by jimnolimit; 03-07-2012 at 01:56 AM.

I have the Para 2 and it is a terrific knife no question, I also have a couple of UKPK's, a Dragonfly and an endura but the one Spydie which seems to get missed which I absolutely love for EDC is the Spyderco Junior.

This little guy has just over 3 inches of blade with plenty of belly. VG10 in full flat grind slices brilliantly. Thin G10 slabs mean that is disappears in my pocket. Add in compression lock, like that of the Para 2 and a wire clip and what's not to like?

I think maybe the name puts some folks off. It is a cracker for EDC!

Ben

I don't think I could pick a "best" as that is going to be a personal choice based on your specific needs. If I had to pick just one that would be the most likely "one size fits all" Spyderco EDC I would have to go with the Delica. It's small enough to carry in almost any situation yet is an amazingly efficient cutter. It's length also makes for a VERY fast deployment. Everyone should have several! lol

Precision

You guys are killing me with those awesome blue PM2s!!! I just can't get myself to drop $180 just to get the color. (not sure if the steel would be favorable for me or not).

The Para 2 is an awesome knife for sure, but for EDC just doing general jobs here and there and not being heartbroken if the worst should happen and it get lost/stolen/broken, it's my Tenacious by a country mile.

Took me a while to justify it as well.. but I wanted to try the steel and I personally like the blue a lot. I ended up selling my old one once I got the blue m390 one, so I got it for about the price of a regular one.

I prefer the Manix 2. Did'nt like the para 2 as much so traded it for a ZT 200.

I Love Spyderco, And Depending On What You're Looking For In A Knife.. This Statement Of "Best EDC" Varies.

Anyways There Are a Few I've Found To Be Awesome EDC's.

Spyderco Paramiltary 2

Spyderco Manix 2(These Are Not My Own Pics As I Don't Have Any Pics Left Of My Many Manix 2's I've Owned)

Spyderco Delica 4

Spyderco UKPK

Spyderco Tenacious(Especially First Starting Out, A Great Knife For The Money, A $30 You'll Never Regret Spending.)

Also Take A Look At The Byrd Line. Good Quality Knives.

I have a Para2 and admit that it is a great EDC. For me though I have been using my Sage2 more. Easy on the pocket with the wire clip and it slices as well as the Para2. Lockup is very solid and butter smooth.

Third from the right in this picture:

Endura serrated. Just send it in to get resharpened.. check out there serration policy to keep your sharp points.

Sage 1. Smooth, quick one-hander that looks simply awesome! Its textured cf is very nice.

I should add that I recently got the Native 5 (s35v steel). That is a great "shorter" EDC folder, if you live in an area where some towns or jurisdictions might have 3" knife limits. In that case, the Native is a good choice as well. Outstanding lock.

The Military or Police 3.

I Agree The Native Is A Great Knife.

Im gonna say the Para2 is the best spyderco for EDC.

Its unbelievably lightweight and has a very slim profile. You forget you have it till you need it. The comp Lock also makes it wicked fast so you can open it, do the job, and close it very quickly. Plus there's tons of flavors of steel and handle material.

It gets the nod over the Manix 2 and Millie because its easier to carry. It has a much more useful blade than the Sage series and is much more comfortable and faster than the endura and delica.

Never used a native, caly 3.5, or some of the other good EDC blades spyderco makes but I think they would have a hard time beating the Para2. Its just about perfect.
    Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead.

Hunter Martin
    The Huntsman Knife Company

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information