Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 396

Thread: tundratrader-where are my knives?

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    75,089
    Blog Entries
    10

    ADVERTISEMENT
    276 posts. And still going around in circles. With people setting up arguments between themselves on the side that benefit neither of the 2 parties actually involved. Stop it.

    If you haven't read the whole thread carefully, butt out. You're only going to bring up questions that have already been answered. You are adding more mud for the rest of us to track through.

  2. #282
    TT, now you are just taking advantage of K's lack of english knowledge. He said he would take responsibility of a lost package, IF you could prove there WAS a package.

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    RUSSIA
    Posts
    53
    TT-show me the proof that the package has been sent. (if not
    , Return the money)
    Stop twisting like a snake.

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ālayavijñāna
    Posts
    5,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Esav Benyamin View Post
    276 posts. And still going around in circles. With people setting up arguments between themselves on the side that benefit neither of the 2 parties actually involved. Stop it.

    If you haven't read the whole thread carefully, butt out. You're only going to bring up questions that have already been answered. You are adding more mud for the rest of us to track through.
    + 1 million


    "Cataloguing my virtues won't work either... I hold them to a minimum so they're easy to keep track of." -Jim Rockford

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Homer, Alaska
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by hudak View Post
    A couple of things..

    Insurance is to benefit the SELLER only. By definition TT is the ONLY one assuming risk by shipping uninsured. I have sold many thousands of dollars worth of guns and knives on the internet and this is just the way it is.

    TT paid at the most $385 for this knife and used it. He sells it for $650 yet won't even return the "profit" to Roman. At this point he fully intends on making money on this alleged "transaction" Why not at least return $265 to Roman, you lose nothing.

    Is Rick Hinderer OK with someone using the firefighter/leo/military discount for profit? I thought the discount came with an understanding that the knives were for personal use?
    In fact this knife was purchased from Arizona custom knives.

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Homer, Alaska
    Posts
    1,312
    I have purchased several xm18's through secondary and dealers. I guess having my address does not need to be on here.
    Last edited by tundratrader; 03-14-2012 at 11:02 PM.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Deep in the Timber
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    Since everyone is up in my business about this
    Up in your business ? Ummmm, some serious mistakes were made here....including by you. If this had been dealt with properly & timely...the thread would never had been started.

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    edmonton alberta canada
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by tundratrader View Post
    The Extra 15 was not paid. He paid regular PayPal and stiffed me on the fees.
    TT do you know that asking for pp fees go's against the pp tos and you could have your account shut down if someone reports it to pp.

  9. #289
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal Pete View Post
    + 1 million
    If you agreed then perhaps you'd avoid making snide, off-topic, and generally bitchy remarks. I am happy to leave it at that if you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksknives View Post
    TT do you know that asking for pp fees go's against the pp tos and you could have your account shut down if someone reports it to pp.
    Whatever. The supposed avoidance of paypal fees (which didn't actually happen) are completely irrelevant to this discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbmonkey View Post
    For some reason this remark got a chuckle out of me. I know folks like this, but they don't make friends with racoons. They eat them. Anyways.........
    Raccoon: the breakfast, lunch, and dinner of champions!
    I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me. - Archilochus
    ****My Trade Thread****
    WTTF/WTB: CRK Folders with Birthdate of May 11th (year irrelavent) or Oct 19th, 2011

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    75,089
    Blog Entries
    10
    As I said ...

    276 Now 289 posts. And still going around in circles. With people setting up arguments between themselves on the side that benefit neither of the 2 parties actually involved. Stop it.

    If you haven't read the whole thread carefully, butt out. You're only going to bring up questions that have already been answered. You are adding more mud for the rest of us to track through.

  11. #291
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,217
    It seems to me that the two parties don't have their facts straight. TT says that KR asked him to ship that way and that he did provide all the evidence that KR is asking for. KR, on the other hand, says that TT did not provide this information AND chose the method of shipping himself. Its pretty much an impasse as there is nowhere to go. It'd be cool if TT made this right with KR but then again I don't know if I'd be in a rush to do so if I were him.
    I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me. - Archilochus
    ****My Trade Thread****
    WTTF/WTB: CRK Folders with Birthdate of May 11th (year irrelavent) or Oct 19th, 2011

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    That's because people are hoping others will "stay on topic" as just this one issue is obviously confusing enough. Whether or not you think that these 2 issues should be blended or that TT just might have sold the same knife twice (your question and wording, not mine), it is again quite obvious that currently everybody but you realize that staying on topic is, especially at this juncture, the most prudent way to proceed.

    To bring up an issue mentioned 13 or 14 pages ago makes perfect sense if trying to accuse TT of selling the same knife twice........as your post would seem to say. That possibility may or may not have been lost on others, but your posts more firmly plants that seed. The fact that that same member has an issue with TT's business practices as well, in the context of this specific situation, will only muddy the waters................considerably.

    With the exception of your post, all others see fit, and understandably so, to essentially set aside that matter in hopes of realizing and expediting a positive result in this matter. I know what you're suggesting in your post as I'm sure many do...........if this happened, then just maybe that happened as well............right? We get it, but I don't feel that it's fair to anyone to approach this situation with your inquiry fresh on their minds....preconceived notions and all. How could the average Joe Blow not be so swayed.....? One must remember that TT has also had some wonderfully smooth transactions, per many of the posts made in this thread. They should neccessarily cancel out "onlooker96's" post and only then can we take this situation between Roman and TT at face value.............as best that can be done given the "at odds" that they both exhibit.

    I'm not taking sides nor attempting to find guilt with either of these 2 members as may be the desire or intention of some here, however, the fact that any member, new or old, does not keep vital transactional paperwork in order to verify his part in each and every deal, is really dumbfounding, at best. So much so, that I would not choose to do business with someone, if I knew that they kept their books in such a mess. The problem with that is obvious and then it will be too late......I get it.

    So leave "onlookker96's" post alone...........and let those that have perservered through this mess finish off what they've got a better handle on than the rest of us......either because we've had no direct input or because some of our input and suggestions have been less than well thought out.

    I fully expect that "onlooker 96's" issue will be dealt with shortly and I might add that I hope that he is reimbursed fully, if that is the result of his PP filing. No one desires to be involved in such circumstances, especially on the receiving end (receivng the shaft as opposed to the purchased item).

    I hope that this TT/Roman issue can be resolved shortly and in a way that allows both to remain contributing members.
    I think that checking out the details surrounding onlookker96's post, who posted that he was "supposedly" sold a similar or the same type of knife, is a very logical thing to check out. As You say TT & Kromanm's issues are dominating this thread, but this is a "FEEDBACK" forum and other complaints should be fair game and heard. Perhaps there should have been a thread for each report? I don't know.

    Now, after some searching, I can indeed inform you that they were different knives as I've checked out both sales threads. TundraTrader & Kromanm either will or won't work this out amicably since TT can produce no records and both of them have agreed to essentially cheat the customs system.

    One points the finger at the other and vice versa, in regard to who's idea this was. I take away a few things from this thread regardless of how it turns out. Keep you receipts for sales and follow up with your shipments. The other is not to engage in activities like lying on forms whether you lose a sale or not - it's just not worth it.

    Goodnight gentlemen!
    Last edited by cziv; 03-15-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: correct spelling

  13. #293
    ......
    Last edited by longbeard; 04-20-2012 at 01:46 AM.

  14. #294
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    284
    Both are wrong, But I'm leaning to Kromans side.. anywho .....Esav Benyamin...flip a coin.... let Kroman call heads or tails and post a video on you tube- he wins TT pays-- he loses--end of story--- they both have no problems gambling-- should be no problem with this.

  15. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Deep in the Timber
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowxpress View Post
    Both are wrong, But I'm leaning to Kromans side.. anywho .....Esav Benyamin...flip a coin.... let Kroman call heads or tails and post a video on you tube- he wins TT pays-- he loses--end of story--- they both have no problems gambling-- should be no problem with this.
    Best idea/solution yet Let's play, & put an end to this

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowxpress View Post
    Both are wrong, But I'm leaning to Kromans side.. anywho .....Esav Benyamin...flip a coin.... let Kroman call heads or tails and post a video on you tube- he wins TT pays-- he loses--end of story--- they both have no problems gambling-- should be no problem with this.
    I've read this whole thread.

    The only three fair outcomes that I see are:

    1-TT shows definitive proof that he shipped the knife when he said he did. (an invalid customs # does not count)
    2-TT refunds the money.
    3-TT ships another knife.
    Last edited by Matteo Escobar; 03-15-2012 at 10:30 AM.

  17. #297
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteo Escobar View Post
    I've read this whole thread. The only three fair outcomes that I see are.

    1-TT shows definitive proof that he shipped the knife when he said he did. (an invalid customs # does not count)
    2-TT refunds the money.
    3-TT ships another knife.
    I just read through it as well, and regardless of the side arguments, the fact still remains that TT took money for something he can provide no proof of doing. If a seller did this to me, I'd be pretty mad too.

    I don't know TT and can't comment on his character, but character aside, this is a pretty egregious error on his part. Proof of shipment is all that's needed to end this debate. A lack of proof, in my mind, is also all that's needed to end this debate.

    Proof=argument over

    No proof=refund or new knife and argument over

    If TT were a legitimate business and he tried to do this, I can guarantee you that he'd be reported to the Better Business Bureau in a heartbeat.

  18. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Deep in the Timber
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesotapride88 View Post
    If TT were a legitimate business and he tried to do this, I can guarantee you that he'd be reported to the Better Business Bureau in a heartbeat.
    Actually, the BBB is a farce.....local authorities would prosecute for mail fraud.

  19. #299
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by longbeard View Post
    What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?
    That applies in a court with established procedures and serious consequences. In the real world, we make the best judgements we can based on the information we can gather.

    If we all made decisions based on "beyond all reasonable doubt" very few decisions would get made.

    And by the way, the "beyond reasonable doubt" standard wouldn't even apply to this situation if it were in civil court. There, it is a preponderance of the evidence. Picture a small claims court. The judge wouldn't go into all the detail outlined all these pages. It would be a 10 minute decision.

  20. #300
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Southern Cal
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by lava_lamp View Post
    There, it is a preponderance of the evidence. Picture a small claims court. The judge wouldn't go into all the detail outlined all these pages. It would be a 10 minute decision.
    Yep. Here's how it would go down:

    JUDGE: "Kromanm, did you pay for the knife and do you have proof?
    KROMANM: "Yes, your Honor"
    JUDGE: "Kromanm, did you receive the knife you paid for?"
    KROMANM: "No, your honor, I did not."
    JUDGE: "TT, did you receive payment in full from Kromanm and did you mail the package to him?"
    TT: "Yes, your honor."
    JUDGE: "TT, do you have any proof of shipping the package to him?"
    TT: "No, your honor."

    JUDGE: "My ruling is in favor of Kromanm. TT, pay Kromanm in full"...judge smacks his gavel....."Next case!".


    All done in five minutes.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •