Thread: the same mistakes are made over & over

ADVERTISEMENT
    It is amazing with all the resources on this forum how the same mistakes are made over & over.

It's pretty simple...
    *USPS Express Mail International, Registered Mail, or the equivalent should be used for these higher dollar type items.
    *Don't agree to lie about the declared value of a package.
    *Insure it to full value.
    *If you can't track it and insure it, don't ship it and refund the Buyer's payment. PayPal doesn't care, and will rule against you in a dispute filed on time every time if you can't provide the evidence that it can be tracked all the way to its destination, and over a certain dollar amount that also means having it be signature required. (BTW, that is $250 and up...not $350 and up. https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...protection_faq ---> See Proof Of Delivery)
    *Save all documentation until the deal is completed and both parties are satisfied...keep handy those receipts, your copy of the Customs form, Sig or delivery confirmation slip and insurance slip. Staple it all together to keep it simple... And having images of the item(s) being packaged up also couldn't hurt.

On the flip side...
    *Don't use the PayPal gift option for purchases.
    *Don't ask to have the item(s) sent declared for less than actual value.
    *Ask for shipping confirmation and tracking number.
    *Save all correspondence until the deal is completed and both parties are satisfied.

Both parties erred here...Buyer asked to have the item sent declared way under actual value and without insurance, and the Seller agreed... But Manix J is right... Regardless, proof of the item being sent should have been provided to the Buyer when the item was mailed.

It's a damn shame that a perfectly good Hinderer folder is out there somewhere and not where it should be...
    BOLO- #12 or missing # SOB LE , SATIN w/ YELLOW-BLK G-10. If seen, plz contact voracious1 or myself.
    Lexi & Pokey ROCK!!!

BOLO: Poached Bose Lottery Zulu Spear (link)
    Platinum Member - Busse Forum Moderator

Blog Entries
    A few small pieces of paper. Send a knife to Russia, send a knife to Kansas, keep every piece of post office paper together and keep them forever. Not even a shoebox full.

Blog Entries
    Again and again, and not just newbies. There are simple and inexpensive means to ship anywhere in the world. Procedure for wrapping and packaging, procedures for documenting. Read the FEEDBACK forum stickies and follow them.

I was going to sit down and address all the errors people have been making and when I logged in to the Tundratrader/kromanm thread today, I saw Jaxx had already done it. Read! and avoid the expense and aggravation ...

I've only shipped international a couple of times- I thought I remember USPS saying I couldn't insure it- am I wrong?

Blog Entries
    You might not be able to insure International First Class, but you can if you ship Express.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    You might not be able to insure International First Class, but you can if you ship Express.
    Ahhh, thanks.

I'm so not doing international agains after this mess. I did a couple times and said "at your risk/no liability once it ships"...don't know if I hung on to receipts after. Knife addiction is supposed to be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    Even Express has insurance maximums to certain countries. Unfortunately you usually don't find this out until your standing at the Cust service counter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rpn View Post
    Ahhh, thanks.

I'm so not doing international agains after this mess. I did a couple times and said "at your risk/no liability once it ships"...don't know if I hung on to receipts after. Knife addiction is supposed to be fun!
    You can say "at your own risk" but if the buyer pays with PayPal, they want tracking to the door and a signature or they refund his money. Dot the i's and cross the t's, tie down every detail, and do so in mutually agreed emails before you wrap that package to ship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT66 View Post
    Even Express has insurance maximums to certain countries. Unfortunately you usually don't find this out until your standing at the Cust service counter.
    I cannot verify, but the are some countries that you cannot even get insurance at all due to repeated loss of parcels.

Thread Information