Thread: what did I get? Ebay find

what did I get? Ebay find

ADVERTISEMENT
    hey, I saw this one on ebay Monday evening and bid on it at a low bid not expecting to get it, and ended up winning it. The auction says it's a 7-4, but the sheath says 4 4 and it looks exactly like this one http://www.randallknives.com/catalog...eldetail&id=13 . I'm very new to these Randall knives, but I think I got a pretty good deal. So, what do you guys think?

Here's a link to the ebay auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/290679420978...84.m1439.l2649

Thanks guys!
    Luke Smith

Looks like a #4 to me, pretty nice knife. The 4-4 on the back of the sheath pegs it. It looks like the straight up catalog model, $345 is the current catalog price, plus a five year wait. Not bad for an extra $20.

He best way to tell the difference is to put a pair of calipers to it. If the blade is thicker than 3/16", it's a model 4. If not, it's a 7.

It's a model #4. It's in a Johnson smooth back sheath..... early 90's I think.

Thanks for the responses guys. Being early 90's doesn't make it worth more than if it was new does it? I kinda want to keep this one for a user, the others I have are really too pretty to use. I think for my next one I'm going to try to get either a 1-7 with ironwood handles, or a sasquatch. I was thinking about waiting till the Blade show to get it, but I didn't know if the prices there were average or higher because it's the blade show?

Luke, tunefink is correct. As to Blade show pricing; higher than average in many cases, but the selection is great and cash talks...
    #14 in RyanW's 2014 GAW' Randall Knives - A Reference Book' www.bluestarknives.com

coolhandluke4

Melvin Purvis is correct, cash talks at Blade. In fact that is about the only way of buying, unless you know the seller, in my experience. As well, prices may be higher, but I have bought a few knives at great prices. You need to shop around and if you see something you like, be ruthless. Speaking from 7 or 8 years of experience!!
    Rod Brown

Thread Information