Thread: Professional Courtesy

Professional Courtesy

ADVERTISEMENT
    You all know that I got myself in a bit of hot water recently, by using an image that I didn't create, on my website. Here is the other side of that.

I have been contacted by a fellow knifemaker, who quoted me on his website, and felt it was important to let me know. This gentleman took the time to ask my permission to use my words.

I am deeply flattered that one of my competitors quoted me, and also very pleased that he credited my statement in private.

THAT, my friends, is professional courtesy.
    Last edited by james terrio; 03-17-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Beckerhead # 350

Member, AKTI and KnifeRights

THK kitchen knife passaround

That's cool, Mr T.

I like to think of other knifemakers as "collegues" rather than "competitors". Unless you are refering to a production company?.... they are the devil. Ha!
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

Rick Marchand
    ABS Apprentice Smith
    www.wildertools.com
    rickmarchand@wildertools.com
    Come visit me at Blade Show 2014. Table 19-O

Professional courtesy or courtesy in general is not a lost art as some believe; its only a matter of taking the time to exercise one of the basic tenets of human interaction.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Marchand View Post
    Unless you are refering to a production company?.... they are the devil. Ha!
    I'm dead certain that no production company on the planet knows who the heck I am
    Beckerhead # 350

Member, AKTI and KnifeRights

THK kitchen knife passaround

Very cool, James I'm with Fred and Rick.....courtesy is not dead even though it seems so at times, and I also consider other makers colleagues, not competitors. I've been treated way too well by other makers to ever consider them competitors........unless they're just trying to keep their enemy close

Thread Information