Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear TOPS Knives, Please hire someone who knows English to describe your products.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by MJF View Post
    Most "operators" aren't really concerned with how many other "operators" were involved in the production of a knife.
    Funny and well put!

Quote Originally Posted by twid View Post
    Even worse, someone wrote "Idaho Made" upside down on my knife.
    No, you are just in the wrong hemisphere, here it looks fine

(This joke might have been better if I lived in Australia )

Do you think that some "operators" might actually be more concerned that a KNIFEMAKER was involved in the production of their knives somewhere along the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by MJF View Post
    Tops knives are alright, but they do tend to go a little overboard in gearing their marketing towards mall ninjas. Most "operators" aren't really concerned with how many other "operators" were involved in the production of a knife. That marketing isn't geared towards those who will actually use the knife in the way they're marketing it, but rather towards the 12 year old which resides in all of us and makes us buy questionable but shiny things. In my experience, most of the guys I served with bought kind of crappy knives for the most part, with a few exceptions. I don't know where I'm going with that, but there it is.

Yes because there are some remote communities in Central Australia that haven't heard that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by marthinus View Post
    No, you are just in the wrong hemisphere, here it looks fine

(This joke might have been better if I lived in Australia )

OP I got your point and agree.

the moderaters are little girls on this forum. freedom of speech you pussies grow apair and let us say what we want. esav the midnite super losers feelings especially fragile. and yes tops has poor marketing all around

you "civies" just don't understand. Tops spends WAY too much time looking for "hardcore slogans" to deal with piddly stuff like spell check. Remember cuz these knives hard-core man... they don't have time to bleed (or check grammar).

I only have one TOPS knife, but I like a few of the designs and will probably buy more. I'd be more inclined to do so if I could actually find a little more information about the knives in their catalogue though, which seems to have been omitted in favour of the endless repetition of some rather juvenile slogans and a lot of posturing.

I think my posting record certainly shows that I don't have an English degree, and I'm happy to have a laugh, but surely it's worth TRYING to make your posts intelligible. When you get posters who can't even be bothered to add ANY punctuation, and type like teenage girls used to text five years ago, isn't it just a bit insulting to other posters? If people struggle with their English that’s one thing, but to CELEBRATE ignorance is quite another.

Quote Originally Posted by krausshauss View Post
    the moderaters are little girls on this forum. freedom of speech you pussies grow apair and let us say what we want. esav the midnite super losers feelings especially fragile. and yes tops has poor marketing all around
    If you have a problem with a mod, take it Tech Support. I recommend staying on topic from here on out. There is no "freedom of speech" on a private forum. Talk any more crap like this and you're gone.

Looks like they simply contracted out their web design to a foreign firm that had difficulty translating the product descriptions.

...shallow

Quote Originally Posted by squints View Post
    I find it rather amusing that you automatically equate poor grammar to foreign-written material. I'm Chinese, and I daresay my grammar is better than most "Americans'."
    I'm not trying to knock your ethnicity, or anyone else's, but if you've ever read a product description from Deal Extreme, or any of those other chinese goods websites, you would see that the product descriptions are very similar.

In the OP's defense, I take it with this intimate knowledge of product descriptions from deal extreme, and the other chinese vendors, this is how he came to the conclusion on TOPS.

Tops is about steel sandwiches, not Pulitzer prizes.

Dear TOPS Knives, Please hire someone who knows How to HT & GRIND your own knives better, before you sell them $100+up, even if I know that you release knives made of 1095 Super Stell.

In a strange way, I think their type of poor advertising helps sell the knives at the prices they charge.

If you are smart enough to know it's unprofessional and that there is a lot of blown smoke, you are already not the type of fish they are trying to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by krausshauss View Post

Esav is a respected person around here and very well liked. At the rate you are going you won't be.

Tops written descriptions are perfect for there chosen market. School kids

Joe Paranee
    JParanee@aol.com
    NRA Life Member
    R.I.P. Phill Hartsfield

Quote Originally Posted by OrdnanceBubbaUSMC View Post
    In a strange way, I think their type of poor advertising helps sell the knives at the prices they charge.

If you are smart enough to know it's unprofessional and that there is a lot of blown smoke, you are already not the type of fish they are trying to catch.
    agreed... unfortunately TOPS actually has a couple of decent designs. too bad I can't even get through one of those full page quotefactories they spell out in magazines without wanting to ram one of their blades into my own eye.

Personally I find Tops' advertising much more amusing than Cold Steel's if only they had videos....

Mike Fuller's probably been outsourcing the development of his web site to the local Assisted Living home. I'm telling you, it's not long before we see the knife descriptions turn into never-ending, grammatically incorrect rants about how things were better in the "good old days."
    Ah, well... gotta give dem old folks something ta do, right?
    I'm glad this thread was resurrected, even if it was by some idiot with writing skills that're even worse than those of the folks at the Idaho Falls Senior Center. I've been holding these emotions inside myself for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post
    Personally I find Tops' advertising much more amusing than Cold Steel's if only they had videos....
    Yeah, I LOVE Sargent Bilko!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information