Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (probably) new HTM Gunny color choices. Need opinions

ADVERTISEMENT
    the red is by far my favorite. followed by blue, then sliver. I would like the copper more if it was darker or just straight gold. the (i guess its green) im not a fan of at all.

the option of a red/blue gunhammer would be something i would get behind 100%. if it doesnt become a offered option I am going to see if darryl will do it for me as an extra.

Silver, Blue, Red are all AWESOME! Would love to see those colors on the HTM's

Blue for me! I like the red next. What happened to the copper color that True North had? That is a great color. I like the yellow-ish least. My overall favorite is the dark blue on the titanium ETAC scales.

More options for the Gunhammer is never a bad idea.

I'm not too keen on the gold coloured handle, but the red, the blue and the silver look like they would be pretty cool. Are these still aluminium handles? If so, how is the colour applied? Is it a synthetic coating like Cerakote? Or are the handles a different material, like G-10?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBleedingEdge View Post
    More options for the Gunhammer is never a bad idea.

I'm not too keen on the gold coloured handle, but the red, the blue and the silver look like they would be pretty cool. Are these still aluminium handles? If so, how is the colour applied? Is it a synthetic coating like Cerakote? Or are the handles a different material, like G-10?
    Military type III hard anno on alu and then beadblasted, or maybe it's the other way around.

Will let Darrel know the gold is everyone's least favorite.

Regarding the coppor color, I shall ask.

EDIT: So gold is no bueno. It's basically unanimous right now that people like the yellow/gold the least.

May I also reiterate that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want hunter green or forest green.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

Yea I told Darrel you wanted a hunter/forest green.

Thanks Hark, you're the man. Of course, if I actually get that hunter green, I'm gonna have to buy another Gunny, and then my pocketbook (and possibly wife) will hate you. :P
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    Thanks Hark, you're the man. Of course, if I actually get that hunter green, I'm gonna have to buy another Gunny, and then my pocketbook (and possibly wife) will hate you. :P
    The mod made me do it!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    May I also reiterate that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want hunter green or forest green.
    Same here. That would be my dream HTM Gunhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBleedingEdge View Post
    The mod made me do it!
    It was Dirk or that other guy, Darrel!

I like all of 'em but that dark red/eggplant color is really nice. I see a fair amount of Green/brown/OD and even some blue handles that get me, but I have never seen a shade of red that I liked so much.. that makes me want to add an HTM to my collection!! oh yeah.. This knife collecting bug is dangerous business...and requires funds... - hayes

Quote Originally Posted by JulianHayes View Post
    I like all of 'em but that dark red/eggplant color is really nice. I see a fair amount of Green/brown/OD and even some blue handles that get me, but I have never seen a shade of red that I liked so much.. that makes me want to add an HTM to my collection!! oh yeah.. This knife collecting bug is dangerous business...and requires funds... - hayes
    Good to see new people around these boards. Welcome to the DDR forum. That red struck me as pretty awesome myself. It's different enough to be unique, yet subtle enough to be elegant.

I figured Darrel would say this, the copper is a TNK exclusive. Darrel says he has some in stock. If they're not listed on TNK, give Neil a call. No word yet on the green.

I love the red/copper color, blue as well, I think you just solved my what I'm gonna try to get for my birthday problem.

That gold/yellow color is apparently olive drab. Totally didn't look that way. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by harkamus View Post
    That gold/yellow color is apparently olive drab. Totally didn't look that way. Heh.
    LOL...reminds me of when Darrel, at SHOT, was trying to claim that the shark gray handle color was actually a subtle shade of green. (Yes, this actually happened.)

That blue scale reminds me of cracked ice. I Love it

I agree with the need for orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill View Post
    I agree with the need for orange.
    Another orange vote...and sand/tan/coyote...whatever shade that is with a non glare blade
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

"Chance favours the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
    #929 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information