Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite guns?

ADVERTISEMENT
    590A1 & Glock Gen4 Mod17

Beretta 9mm, 7.65 mm.

M1A if you dont have one yet you need one! scouts with a 2x aimpoint are my favs

kimber 1911 (i have an older TLE/RL2 before they started having problems and its 800 rounds with out a hiccup)

or best yet a mossberg 930SPX (dropping 8+1 12ga rounds in 5 seconds flat is fun)

Very broad topic...what are you looking to do?

I have become a big fan of 9mm 1911's, particularly the Springfields. Everything you love about the 1911, plus cheaper to feed, recoil like a .22, mods & accessories galore, and Springfield has some of the best CS in the business, a lifetime warranty, and one of the best custom shops around.

A S&W M&P Pro series or Glock 34/35 would set you up nicely for IDPA and such right out of the box...at a very reasonable price.

You could look at getting into a custom big bore revolver, something from the likes of Bowen or Linebaugh...a handcannon to be sure if you like having to fight the front sight from smacking into your forehead.

A nice racy semi-auto shotgun or tuned up AR can give you lots of enjoyment.

I'd love to get into a tack-driving sub-MOA .308 similar to the Remington LTR myself, but alas, don't have the $$ at the moment.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

HK P7 PSP, "stock" Glock 35, unlimited Glock 24C, LWRC M6, 7.62x39 VEPR

Most of my rifles are custom builds and I reckon I am sorted for the foreseeable future there ... in terms of distance

1760 yrds to 2600 yrds - .375 Chey Tac with a Lost River Bore 30 inch Barney Lawton Barrel and Mussle break ( one of the last ones he chambered before he passed on ) mated to a BAT Chey Tac Single Feed action in a McMillan A5 stock with Warner cheek piece and adjustable butt, Jewel Trigger and Miracle Machine Works Gantry Rail with a custom mil reticle Zeiss 6-24 x 72 Diavari scope with 0.5cm clicks and custom elevation and windage turrets.

100 yrds - 1760 yrds - Two identical .7mm wildcats ( 7/300 WSM ) custom 30 inch Bartlein Gain Twist barrels on a BAT "M" single feed action with a Jewel trigger and McMillan McHale stock with Warner cheek piece and butt and custom 35 m.o.a. BAT incline rail with custom US Optics 9-32 x 66 mil dot reticle in second focal plane with .25 m.o.a. clicks. Scopes and stocks vary on these as I have multiple scopes/stocks for F Class comps.

100yrds - 1000 yrds - Sauer 202 Takedown in 6.5 x 55 with custom silencer and N/F NXS 3.5-15 x 50 with mil dot reticle and .25 m.o.a. clicks. Rifle also has a switchable bolt/barrel for .375 H&H with open sights.

100yrds - 1000 yrds Mc Millan .308 Tac rifle re-barrelled in 6.5 x 47 on a Tru-flight barrel / custom silencer / jewel trigger / M14 20 rnd mags for 6.5 x 47 / N/F NXS 5-22 x 56 with mil dot reticle and .25 m.o.a. clicks.

Pistols are in a state of transition. I have an integral silenced Ruger .22 which I mainly use. I had a CZ Czechmate for IPSC comp's but just sold it and bought back my Sig P210 which I have sent to a Custom Pistolsmith in Germany to give it a "face lift". It will come back to me looking like this ... but without the specific strong hand target grips. Mine has Nil grips but of the standard amidexterous design. ( My pistol is a 1970's P210 which came with the bottom mag release ... I have had a custom 1911 mag release added though back in the 1980's ... the pistol also has the P210-5 barrel and target trigger fitted and a set of Novak low profile adjustable sights).

I have kept this in Switzerland for a lot of years now ( since 1996 ) but once the custom work is done to it I may bring it back over here and see if I can place it in one of the "heritage" pistol clubs where we can still keep pistols if they qualify as "heritage" pieces ( basically they need to represent "gunsmithing" in it's artistic finest form). I think once this guy is through with it .... it should qualify ...

Quote Originally Posted by kimberfan View Post
    M1A if you dont have one yet you need one! ...
    I'll second this. (Though mine's not an SAI M1A; it's an LRB M14SA)
    The M14/M1A and the Garand are easily my two favorite rifles to shoot.

FN 5-7 or HK Mark23 (consider a USP tatical if your cheap)

never handled a HK P7 but everyone loves them. I doubt anyone really has handled one which is recommending it. Then again everyone seems to think cz's are gods gift to men but its just a meh gun to me.

for shotguns, get a mossberg 590 or 590A1. skip on the 870, they suck.

I always liked Lunde's 10mm long slide Glock 20. Looks like a lot of fun.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...eds-Glock-20L?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPHWS View Post
    1760 yrds to 2600 yrds
    I would love to have the space to shoot a mile and beyond. You have very sophisticated taste and I love it
    "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir the check is in the mail" - Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
    "Catch me in five minutes, I'll smell like hard liquor" - Al Bundy

Inducted Blade 2010- Ham67

I Love my dan wesson VBob And my HK45C. I cant find another pistol that could replace them. I have a PS90 but I cant find the perfect optic for it. It shoots flawlessly and the ammo is the cleanest burning ammo I have ever used. It does not look dirty after a few hundred shots fired. I have an FN SLP but wish I would have got the Benelli M4 instead. I try not to let others influence my gun purchases, If I hold it and the fit and finish look great, I'm sold. The only gun beside the benelli I am wanting is a AR in 308 caliber. I probably need a bigger safe first.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    I'll second this. (Though mine's not an SAI M1A; it's an LRB M14SA)
    The M14/M1A and the Garand are easily my two favorite rifles to shoot.

Wow. I'm super jealous of your LRB. That's an awesome rifle!

This rifle might work for you...up to 1K yds +.

Just picked up a CZ 455 American with 22lr, 22mag and 17hmr barrells. Also a Ruger Mark 3 target. These are for plinking, etc.. Next on the list for a cary is the CZ 83 in 9mm.

If i had to pick just one its my 3rd Gen G22. It may not be the coolest or prettiest but its a workhorse.

Adding a G17 barrel and a couple 9mm mags makes it the perfect SHTF pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPHWS View Post
    Holy cow! What a pistol! That's not something you see every day. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by eccvets View Post
    never handled a HK P7 but everyone loves them. I doubt anyone really has handled one which is recommending it.
    The P7M8 was my first pistol, had to sell it a few years back when money got real tight and haven't been able to find a reasonably priced replacement, not that money is any better now Right now at the top of my Grail list...

recieved today, zombie slayer. before and after pics- still have to replace the pistol grip and want different optics...thinking aim point m4 low profile or that micro red dot scope-not sure....hmmm

rifle is sick even though I had to change all of her clothes. Garth, I'm sure you already have your ARs lined up.
    but do you have one of these??
    Last edited by wolfdad; 03-30-2012 at 02:31 AM.

http://youtu.be/3a1ISVfefcs

love this shotgun its a blast, highly recommend it for zombie warfare
    Last edited by kimberfan; 03-30-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Either of my latest, a P226 in 40 or LWRCI M6A3 in 6.8 spc. Still waiting on my smooth sided Nighthawk Falcon to get built but my other nighthawk has been incredible so I can give them a thumbs up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information