Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep shooting it?

Keep shooting it?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Picked up my first Sig last week - its a P229 Elite "Scorpion" - this is a prototype 1 of a kind with Flat Dark Earth DLC coating rather than Ceracote. My pics are bad, but the color is pretty slick - it's more of a metallic bronze than a tan.
    This gun shoots like a dream. My buddies are telling me that I shouldn't shoot it anymore because it is a prototype, and I am diminishing the value - I think it is cool, and it was made to shoot, so that's what I'm gonna do!
    I also picked up the 22 conversion kit. Pretty fun to shoot off a hundred rounds for $6 and get the same grip and trigger feel.

If it has already been shot, I would just keep shooting it.

I just read an article by Mike Venturino on this subject. Guns were made to shoot. What do you expect to gain by keeping it unfired? Will it's value increase enough to change your life?

I have seen a lot of guns that people bought and just put away. Some have doubled and tripled in value. Consider that a Colt Python sold in the 1980s for about $800 and is now worth
    maybe $1500 to $2000.....big whoopie.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
    “There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey.”

Is it under warranty, if so shoot the heck out of it.

Shoot it, clean it, lube it. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post
    ^ hell to the yes

btw how in the hell did you get a prototype?

That is one cool pistol!!Heck yeah,shoot it,but take care of it.

Agree with CWL, shoot, clean, shoot and shoot it more.

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post
    Yep.

What sounds better?

"once upon a time I had a rare SIG handgun. It was nice and after sitting in the safe for a few years I sold it for more than I paid for it. Not enough to put the kids through college but more than I paid for it."

or

"My friends (or family) and I went out and put a few hundred rounds down range with a one off SIG. It shot like a dream and was a hoot. I sold it for more than I paid for it a couple years later. Not enough to..."

Blog Entries

Rupestris - Awesome response - definitely made me laugh out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Rupestris View Post
    Yep.

What sounds better?

"once upon a time I had a rare SIG handgun. It was nice and after sitting in the safe for a few years I sold it for more than I paid for it. Not enough to put the kids through college but more than I paid for it."

or

"My friends (or family) and I went out and put a few hundred rounds down range with a one off SIG. It shot like a dream and was a hoot. I sold it for more than I paid for it a couple years later. Not enough to..."
    Well since you put it that way............

shoot it, clean it, lube it, admire it, and then shoot it some more. Sigs arent safe queens no matter how pretty they are.

and BTW, congrats. thats a darn nice pistol

Definately shoot it. I guess if it had never been fired, it would actually be a decision. What is "unfired" anyway? Aren't most guns test fired at the factory or is that only the custom ones? I see all the time where the company includes a test target in the box.

Its a SIG...drive over it with a truck and then shoot the crap out of it!
    Everyone tells me not to shoot my P5 either...to hell with em
    SIGs are made to be shot and shot and shot

P5 = nice!!!!

tools are meant to be used, especially ones that nice

Life's too short to worry about what little money the gun might accrue over time. And it's a sig, not a pre ww2 colt 1911 or 150 year old winchester '94 or something. How much value could it really have over a standard model? I'm guessing less then a couple hundred bucks and that's if you can find somebody who will actually pay extra for the color if you decide to sell it. Shoot it!

I have the exact same pistol, except mine has the Cerakote instead of the fancy 1 off finish on yours. Mine shoots like a dream too, it's my favorite gun. It would be criminal, IMO, not to shoot that thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information