Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: just bought my first benchmade

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentJohn View Post
    hey guys i now have the benchbug and i'm hooked like a lazy fish. i find myself eying the 741 onslaught

anys reviews or opinions about this knife. the tip of the knife wont break real easy will it. i am wont be prying or anything crazy that i know the knife cant handle
    I dont have one, but I heard the blade is thin in relation to the blade length. Thats the only complaint I have heard about it. Pretty neat Lum design though

yeah I would be buying it mostly for design while the adamas may look cool but I bought that for durability the onslaught would be simply for flash size and mix it up for light edc

I'm not going to be cutting carpet and bushcrafting with it but cutting open a box is ok

yeah I would be buying it mostly for design while the adamas may look cool but I bought that for durability the onslaught would be simply for flash size and mix it up for light edc

I'm not going to be cutting carpet and bushcrafting with it but cutting open a box is ok
    If you want flash , check out the Bedlam.

I don't have a regular Onslaught, but I've got a mini and it's perfect for EDC.

i am also checking out the bedlam, i am considering the onslaught for the larger blade and cheaper price

Both the bedlam and onslaught are good choices. I recently picked up a plain edge black contego and I love it. The M4 steel is pretty great

The State Of Jefferson, The REAL Northern Calif.!
    Man, SilentJohn,
    What a great thread, (and great pictures by-the-way!!). I haven't bought a new knife in years but after seeing this, I just had to go for it. Thanks so much for directing me to GPKnives and especially for you listing their low price. I just couldn't help myself and ordered one!

I don't care much for D2 steel as I really prefer SS but this knife drew me in immediately. Something about it just said, "BUY ME!" after reading your thread and the donation to the R.A.F. helped too.

After all these years, the one thing I don't need is another knife but I couldn't resist.

Thanks much and I'll report on it when I receive it and at this price if it's ANYTHING like you described, it's a bargain!!!

it really is. mine stays on the nightstand next to my bed with my watch where it belongs

I really cant get enough of Benchmade and their products. My first purchase from them was the Adamas and I use it whenever I need a blade to beat on.

This is my favorite EDC from them, not really ideal for most EDC tasks but does great for me. Crazy long blade with some nice m390 . Its little brother is the 930 Kulgera, a great gentleman's knife with a 3.6' blade and weighting in at 3.0z.

I am not really a gentleman's knife kind of guy seeing as I am more of a goon than a gentleman

The State Of Jefferson, The REAL Northern Calif.!
    I received the knife yesterday. This thing is a BRICK! If someone tried to assault you, forget the opening the blade, just throw it at him and knock him down!

Seriously, this is one quality made piece. Opens like butter and closes the same. Just a quick flick of the wrist, (without even touching the thumb studs), and it's opened. Came very sharp and I'm one of those who is hard to please in this area.

This is one knife that truly deserves the moniker "built like a tank". It will make one hard use folder.

I have to admit, it's weight and thickness and not it's size, (which I think is not overly large), will make it a harder choice for EDC but I'm going to try!

There are only a few things I have very slight issues with. First the Axis lock on my example is a little gritty and needs a little more effort to disengage than I think it should. I will admit however, the more I flick it, the grittiness and disengagement issues seem to be getting better.

Secondly, (and this is very minor), I think the thumb studs could have slightly larger diameter ends but like I stated earlier, you can can easily open and close this beauty without even using them.

Lastly, the sheath seems to be hastily put together but at this price point, it's okay for it's intended use.

For the money, this really is a bargain with no worries about being used hard unlike other high dollar productions in this genre.

In closing, I'd like to say GPKnives was a pleasure to do business with! Very fast service and they made sure my example had no blade play and that the blade was perfectly centered when closed before shipping. Very fair prices and their communication was excellent. Also, their shipping charges are very fair. All in all, a very pleasant experience!

they just shipped my 741 i hope it arrives in next week GPKNIVES is good like that i ordered it a 1:30pm friday and they shipped it the same day

they just shipped my 741 i hope it arrives in next week GPKNIVES is good like that i ordered it a 1:30pm friday and they shipped it the same day
    Is it via mail? I ordered a new folder from them on Fri a.m. and got a tracking ##'s. The tracking # said it was expected to arrive Monday. I'm stoked.

yeah USPS priority mail I am not sure

cziv I just wanted to let you know mine is expected Monday as well
    Last edited by SilentJohn; 04-22-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by res1cue View Post
    I dont have one, but I heard the blade is thin in relation to the blade length. Thats the only complaint I have heard about it. Pretty neat Lum design though
    That gives it the potential to be a wicked slicer - which it appears to be!

it is a monster slicer by far my sharpest knife

i am thinking of having my 741 blade mirror polished and the backspacer painted red, what would you guys think about that

here is a mock up i did

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information