Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a Good Spork.

Blog Entries

ADVERTISEMENT
    I like the CRKT Eat N Tool, but the only drawback is that you can't stir with it as it's a shorty.

TAD Gear Titanium Folding Spork! It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivebyTrucker View Post
    I like carrying a lexan spork for taste. The metal, especially ss, silver, and I believe ti (I have a ti one but I can't remember using it for soup), have a metal taste that my lips can feel. It's especially noticeable with soups, and food that requires your lips to clean the fork of food. Stick a metal spoon or fork in your mouth without food. Nasty right? I won't use metal silverware at home. Why should I use them in restaurants? As for chopsticks, maybe one day when I revisit Portland for the Shakespeare festival I'll move up to that level of douche bag at least temporary for the fun of it, but not now. The spoon doesn't allow you to shovel soup as fast as I'd like, but it's adequate.
    I think plastic is gross. To each their own. I do wonder how your lips can "feel" a taste though.

Last edited by ThriftyJoe; 12-10-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Last edited by ThriftyJoe; 12-10-2013 at 04:37 AM.

+1 on the Light My Fire Ti Spork! I've been using mine for several weeks now, and it is fantastic and of course it's so light that the weight is negligible. Also, you can't tell from the pictures, but the fork has a serrated (but very blunt) "knife" edge on the biggest tine. Fantastic ultralight product.

These might be a good choice if you were on the move and had to eat quick. Try the Finger Sporks at http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/7...rs/ec2a/?srp=4.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/prod...ger_sporks.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BoxANT View Post

TAD Gear Titanium Folding Spork! It's great.
    Very nice.

9. Countycomm has a nice one that resembles the Light my Fire(might be the same).

A large database of knife reviews.

I have a bunch of lightmyfire plastic sporks, there is one in my work locker, EDC bag, camera bag etc.
    I also have a TI Sea to Summit spork, which I use regularly (it's awesome for icecream, it doesn't bend, and doesn't seem to feel cold either)

Quote Originally Posted by ThriftyJoe View Post
    I like where you're going with this, having a full size fork and spoon to eat with, but how heavy is that contraption? How much weight did you save by gluing two perfectly good pieces of flatware together? If you don't care about weight, why not just take....a fork....and....a spoon..?

Sporks...they're comedy gold!
    Actually, I did this when I was in the Marine Corps and it was more about noise than weight. 2 utensils can clank together, 1 can't.

Quote Originally Posted by ThriftyJoe View Post
    Noooooo! I posted elsewhere here that that is the worst knife I ever owned. Heavy as sin, and the fork tines jab you in the palm of your hand when you try to use the knife blade for anything..
    Yes, it's heavy (the Kabar hobo). I have a personal vendetta against sporks, so I suck it up and carry it. You do know it seperates into three seperate utensils, then clips back together for transport, right?

Blog Entries
    I have two Snow Peak sporks -- real sporks, not those two-headed monster Light My Fire freaks.
    I use them at home as my regular eating utensils. I have bamboo and G-11 chopsticks.

For travel, I carry a titanium knife / fork / spoon set from A.G.Russell, and titanium chopsticks. Self defense tools!

Hobo knives are a good idea. I got a nice one by Case as a gift for my letter carrier. She was Army Reserve and said it was really handy in the field.

I have one of the CRKT Eat 'N Tool, and it's not all that bad...The "tines" are pretty short, but it does work.
    "Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    ---US Marine Corps

Dann Fassnacht
    Hoquiam, WA
    glockman99@hotmail.com

Take spoon from kitchen in one hand, dremel tool in other...make custom spork, spend $15 on beer...enjoy!

VLTOR17, did you sell your Ontario Afghan Signature?...I´m interested in it.
    I hope you still have it, and still want to let it go.

thanks.

I love the Light My fire PLASTIC sporks! I like them better than the Ti ones because the knife edge on the plastic ones are actually useful. If you don't care for the serration/knife, then by all means, I like the Ti one too!

Sporks whose fork fingers actually allow you to poke through things! And they're well made, cheap, and sturdy!

I have a couple boxes of mixed color plastic Sporks as spares I tend to give them to friends who like them....

I have a TAD Gear Spork that I LOVE.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman99 View Post
    I have one of the CRKT Eat 'N Tool, and it's not all that bad...The "tines" are pretty short, but it does work.
    My daughter gave me one that she picked up at SMKW this past spring. I haven't taken it out of the package and tried it yet though. I use lexan utensils when camping and stainless tableware here at home. Sporks just remind me of the old trick dribble spoons. Remember those?
    "A knife in a mans hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a womans neck" Felix Mirando

As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service".

The CRKT is worthless to me. I alternate between the LMF Ti, LMF regular, or MSR depending on if I'm going eat predominately out of a pouch or not.

Here's my review of all of the Sports I've purchased and used.

http://adventurereports.blogspot.com...-shootout.html
    Last edited by gulliamo; 07-21-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information