Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 962

Thread: Axe Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,555

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Foxx, nice collection. I especially like this one and the finish on it is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    One leg up on Gus' short bus in Bastidville.
    Posts
    24,567
    "There is no further education to be gained by the second kick of a mule."

    "Opening doors and letting a little fresh air in every once in a while is good for this place."

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bourbon County, KY
    Posts
    2,690
    Yeah M3mphis I like that one too. It's a beast, that spike, with the weight of the head, penetrates deeper than all my other spike hawks. Yet, it's the thickest spike out of all I own. Without that heavy duty shrink wrap, I would have alrady destroyed that handle, that stuff can take a beating. I can throw it, but it's a bit heavy and almost seems to hit higher than my target area. The weight of the head pulls it out of my hand too early.

    The Renegade isn't great at chopping wood, and the spike is so long, it wants to gouge your eyeballs. I nicked my head once with the spike, just once, I stopped doing that for health reasons.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    939
    JK Urban Hawk and JK Wharnecliffe

    2012-02-05 19.26.33.jpg

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SaltyLand
    Posts
    4,922
    Peter Martin Knives:


    From Richard Conrad's collection:
    Last edited by JayGoliath; 04-12-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    “Choose the knife design that looks most useful to you and your past experiences.
    What someone else tells you is based on their use and history.”-Daniel Winkler

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    939
    Cold Steel Pipe Hawk with 34" handle.

    2012-03-31 22.59.08.jpg

  7. #87
    Council Tools Boy's Axe, mask by me.



    http://packmastergear.blogspot.com/

    The only thing you can guess about a broken down old man is that he is a survivor - Joe Sarno
    BECKERHEAD #154

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    mountains of montana
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by panzertroop View Post
    Council Tools Boy's Axe, mask by me.



    thanks! i like that... simple, functional, and practical... not to bad looking either

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hanover, IL
    Posts
    4
    I guess I won't be posting here no more

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SaltyLand
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by viol8r View Post
    I guess I won't be posting here no more
    Why not?
    “Choose the knife design that looks most useful to you and your past experiences.
    What someone else tells you is based on their use and history.”-Daniel Winkler

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    mountains of montana
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGoliath View Post
    Why not?
    i was/am confused by that too... odd!

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter View Post
    i was/am confused by that too... odd!
    Guess you had to be here when it happened. It was pretty weird.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    939
    Condor Combat Axe; Blasts into the deadly hand jive at a fraction of the cost. This is the Condor Combat throwing Axe, I put the triple-wrap 550 cord handle on it. No handle slabs is the difference between the two Condor Combats. It can chew on some Oak for the camp fire no problem. Throw it if you want, it was definitely made for it. Then back to the dance, this tomahawk was made for! The Tomahawk comes razor sharp out of the box.

    Condor.jpg

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by leebrewer View Post
    Condor Combat Axe; Blasts into the deadly hand jive at a fraction of the cost. This is the Condor Combat throwing Axe, I put the triple-wrap 550 cord handle on it. No handle slabs is the difference between the two Condor Combats. It can chew on some Oak for the camp fire no problem. Throw it if you want, it was definitely made for it. Then back to the dance, this tomahawk was made for! The Tomahawk comes razor sharp out of the box.

    Condor.jpg
    I like it looks handy for travel.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by cattledog View Post
    I like it looks handy for travel.
    Yup, just gotta make your own edge covers (very sharp edges) unless you get theirs. I didnt want the leather pouch. Condor does make good leather tho.


    I guess everyone just post one Hawk or something at a time, to keep this thread at the top. I wonder how long we can go. Sticky seems like a tough to do for our Forum. I've only got about 4 or 5 more.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by leebrewer View Post
    Yup, just gotta make your own edge covers (very sharp edges) unless you get theirs. I didnt want the leather pouch. Condor does make good leather tho.


    I guess everyone just post one Hawk or something at a time, to keep this thread at the top. I wonder how long we can go. Sticky seems like a tough to do for our Forum. I've only got about 4 or 5 more.
    I just put it in my cart on amazon the one without handle or cover. The price is right. Is it really 1/4 inch thick?
    Yes I think thats a good idea about single posts to keep the thread lively.

    EDIT: It's on the way, the picture by the pile of wood did me in.Your wrap looks thick.
    Last edited by cattledog; 04-17-2012 at 06:44 AM.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SaltyLand
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by leebrewer View Post
    Condor Combat Axe; Blasts into the deadly hand jive at a fraction of the cost. This is the Condor Combat throwing Axe, I put the triple-wrap 550 cord handle on it. No handle slabs is the difference between the two Condor Combats. It can chew on some Oak for the camp fire no problem. Throw it if you want, it was definitely made for it. Then back to the dance, this tomahawk was made for! The Tomahawk comes razor sharp out of the box. Condor.jpg
    I saw this axe on display in "The Hunger Games" movie.
    “Choose the knife design that looks most useful to you and your past experiences.
    What someone else tells you is based on their use and history.”-Daniel Winkler

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by cattledog View Post
    I just put it in my cart on amazon the one without handle or cover. The price is right. Is it really 1/4 inch thick?
    Yes I think thats a good idea about single posts to keep the thread lively.

    EDIT: It's on the way, the picture by the pile of wood did me in.Your wrap looks thick.
    Yes it is. And, thank you!

    Here we have the Ranger Renegade on a 34" handle. Yes, it is very effective at everydamthing at this length! It's the perfect size head for a long tool. I use it as a cane in the woods. The spike is great for hooking anything you want or even digging a 3'deep x2'x2' hole. It splits great, like a small axe and it's just good at all Camping, Hiking stuff.

    Ranger Renegade.jpg

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by leebrewer View Post
    Yes it is. And, thank you!

    Here we have the Ranger Renegade on a 34" handle. Yes, it is very effective at everydamthing at this length! It's the perfect size head for a long tool. I use it as a cane in the woods. The spike is great for hooking anything you want or even digging a 3'deep x2'x2' hole. It splits great, like a small axe and it's just good at all Camping, Hiking stuff.

    Ranger Renegade.jpg
    Very nice as well and multi functional too. Question is Ranger or renegade when relatiing to hawks a generic term or style of hawk or is it a brand name?
    thanks

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bourbon County, KY
    Posts
    2,690
    Justin Gingrich started making knives under the name Ranger Knives, tomahawks as well. Ontario then started a Ranger line of knives, Justin's designs. Now, you can still get knives and hawks from directly from Justin Gingrich, like the Renegade hawk. Like mine....




    Hey Lee, I assume you made that handle, the 34" sounds powerful. Or, did you order it from Justin that way? I have a 36", 3 lb, double bit axe, and man it has power. Sometimes I feel that the Renegade is almost too much weight for the haft it came with, for a fighting hawk. I can choke up, but you loose power again. Now, for chopping wood, I bet you are right on the money, with the added length. I might have to try that at some point, I like the cane idea as well.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •