Thread: 14" Fossil Walrus tusk

14" Fossil Walrus tusk

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey guys, as some of you know, walrus is my favorite handle material, and as such, I tend to buy more than I need. This piece was for a project I ended up scrapping, and since I already spend myself broke on this stuff, I'm hoping someone else can use it.

It's 14" OAL, 0.85 thick at the thickest, and 1.92" wide at the widest, and over 1.5" wide for 10" of length. Thin layer of very good caramel color, with some hints of blue black below the surface. Weighs 12.73oz

There is a worn down section at the wide end that would preclude splitting the thickness at that end, but it would be an excellent candidate to cut the width in half there for a set of very thick, and very well matched near 1" wide scales. There is also a small chip near the tip.

There is a little right hand curve toward the tip, but very little in the wide end. Not enough to affect much unless you wanted to use the narrow end for a hidden tang. There is enough material here tto get a matching set of pistol grips and some smaller scales if desired, or many sets of small scales.

This piece will require some effort, and thought to maximize its potential, like most fossil. Poor quality pictures follow, bear in mind this piece hasn't been polished.

Price: $250+$10 for shipping CONUS. Paypal preferred.

I'll take $200, need to sell this asap to buy something else.

Thread Information