Thread: Kershaw damascus knives- leek/shallot

Kershaw damascus knives- leek/shallot

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hello to all!

I wasn't sure where to post this, since I have a general question about a particular knife and a desire to purchase that same knife.

Does Kershaw produce their knives seasonally? I've been looking to get my hands on a damascus shallot (preferably) or a leek, but most retailers claim they're delayed from the manufacturer until this summer. I know these knives have been produced many times before, but currently they're hard to find.

Also, if the price is right, I'm always willing to purchase a damascus shallot (or leek) from a member here. Any pros/cons in regards to which one is "better?"
    Last edited by Phelixx; 04-03-2012 at 09:53 PM.

welcome to BF, this would be a better fit in General or Kershaw, probably will get moved to one or the other. This is slipjoint territory.

Welcome to Bladeforums.

This post isn't suited for the traditional forum. Kershaw has a forum here and that's where this thread is going.

Also, do not make purchase offers. You are always welcome to start a thread in the Wanted to Buy forum if you're looking for something.

Take a few minutes to read the FAQ and the Exchange rules. You'll find links in my signature.

Jason

Thanks guys. I was having trouble finding the WTB forum, it's not exactly a popular one

I have heard that Kershaw is going to do another run of leeks and or shallots in Damascus again soon. That's probably why dealers are saying they will be out in the summer.

I actually got a Damascus scallion a while ago, but I don't think I can part with it.

The shallot and leek both have or have had upgraded blade steel options, for the scallion, I think Damascus is and was the only steel upgrade/option.

My first kershaw was a blue craftsman scallions had to beg n barter for from a friend. Since then I was hooked.

Well, I guess the fact that you aren't willing to part with it means good things! I've collected knives all my life (mostly Case), but have been looking to expand my collection of EDC knives. During my scouting years I used and abused a ti-lite, and it's still an amazing tool. A few years ago my grandfather gave me a wild wild turkey for Christmas, and I was amazed. It's much better suited to everyday tasks. After my positive experience with Kershaw, I've been expanding my collection, and think the shallot will be my next buy.

Upgrade your membership to participate in the Exchange and talk to Kershawguy. I'm sure he'd love to hear from someone that loves the Wild Wild Turkey as much as he does and his service can't be beat and his prices almost always can't be beat either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelixx View Post
    Thanks guys. I was having trouble finding the WTB forum, it's not exactly a popular one
    It is, the thing is to curtail abuse only pating members with Gold memberships or higher may see and reply to the threads posted. You can buy from the exchange, but you cannot sell without the proper membership (again Gold or higher).

I think if you like the scallion, you should get that one in damascus.

I have a Shallot s110v I EDC most days. Its bigger and pretty tactical whereas the scallion is smaller and more public friendly.

Shoot me an email

@Revdevil I completely understand, but just couldn't find the WTB thread. It hadn't been posted in in over 2 weeks...haha.
    @bluejay- I meant shallot (as my topic implied) but mixed up the names. Scallion, shallot, leek....they're all green onions basically!

Thread Information