Thread: DDR logo design contest

DDR logo design contest

ADVERTISEMENT
    Restrictions:
    *Must be 18 years of age or older (if I ask for proof, you shall and will provide it)
    *Must live in the continental United States, excluding New York City.
    *Must have been a member of bladeforums for at least 3 months or a paying member. Paid memberships override the 3 month rule.
    *Must abide by all local, state, and Federal knife laws.
    *Must be a carbon based life form
    *Submit as many entries as you wish.
    *Contest will run until Darrel sees something he likes

MISCELLANEOUS fine print: Winner agrees to abide by all local, state, and federal laws regarding knife ownership. We will not be held responsible for any injury or death caused by inappropriate use of the knife. The knife is not a toy and should not be treated as such. These knives are sharp and can cause injury if mishandled.

Simple rules: Design a DDR logo which might be used for future DDR t-shirts.

Prize = titanium Dirk Pinkerton necker. Not sure which design yet, but I'll leave that one up to Dirk himself.
    Last edited by harkamus; 04-17-2012 at 01:16 AM.

I like logo's simple (or non existent) so as to not detract from the beauty of the knife!

Sadly I don't live in the U.S Oh well good luck everyone

Would it be possible to participate without living in the US and of course without being able to win anything? Also can I post ideas/designs for the whole shirt designs, not only the logo? I'm a graphic designer with a soft spot for shirts and the only price that I'd really enjoy would be my shirts getting printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    Would it be possible to participate without living in the US and of course without being able to win anything? Also can I post ideas/designs for the whole shirt designs, not only the logo? I'm a graphic designer with a soft spot for shirts and the only price that I'd really enjoy would be my shirts getting printed.
    Go for it.

My go at it ... sorry that you have to copy/paste the link but I was having some troubles with the attachment feature

Last edited by neuron; 10-26-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: edited your post to include [img] tags around the link so the pic will show up in the thread :)

Attachment 271462
    Quote Originally Posted by chococheez View Post
    My go at it ... sorry that you have to copy/paste the link but I was having some troubles with the attachment feature

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/...model1-001.jpg
    Does this help you out?
    SEMPER-FI TIL I DIETo have an opinion of a fact or set thereof is oxymoronic.It is an opinion if it may in fact be wrong.Otherwise, it is factual and not subject to opinion.Just so you know...

Thanks!!

Ugh, I've been so busy with the job hunt that I haven't had a lot of time to work on the shirt logos. But I'll be putting some work into em soon. I'll post .pngs here when I have something.

Talking

Here's Mine. Sharp and Clean, yet Stylish and Cool lookin'. Just like DDR Blades!

Last edited by neuron; 10-26-2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: edited your post to include [img] tags around the link so the pic will show up in the thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by Decimator22 View Post
    Here's Mine. Sharp and Clean, yet Stylish and Cool lookin'. Just like DDR Blades!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51640886/DDR...on%20Knife.jpg
    Wow. I like that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by harkamus View Post
    Wow. I like that a lot.
    Thanks! Let's just hope Mr. Ralph does too.

Hey fellas,

This one is more directed toward the mods, as i'm having fun designing a DDR logo right now. Unfortunately i'm kind of new to BF, having joined somewhere around the August 25th region. I was hoping to be able to join the contest. If not, that's okay. I'd be happy just seeing my design on a blade someday if anybody likes it.

Thanks all.
    -Chuck

edit: dur, answered my own question. READ MORE. Paid membership does the trick.
    Last edited by dishcore; 10-08-2012 at 03:22 PM.

I gonna go with what you have already and just add it to a shirt the way I would like to see it.

Hey Folks,
    So I finished up my designs!

(PS for Hark / neuron / Mr. Ralph / I'll be getting my paid membership going on Friday morning, I know I'm still a month shy of the 3 month rule)

Just wanted to get them out there, I couldn't TAKE IT!

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks!
    Last edited by dishcore; 10-28-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Finished my logo out in fancy marker!

Decided to check out this thread now that I'm a mod -- I'd been avoiding it since, with my own graphical design skills being basically nil, I wasn't going to enter -- and wow, there's some cool stuff in here! I'll pester Darrel to take a look at the entries and see what he thinks, and then get back to you guys.

Nice work, everyone!
    DDR/HTM Forum Moderator
    bladeforums.neuron@gmail.com

These are some really cool logos, I like seeing stuff like this on the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by neuron View Post
    Decided to check out this thread now that I'm a mod -- I'd been avoiding it since, with my own graphical design skills being basically nil, I wasn't going to enter -- and wow, there's some cool stuff in here! I'll pester Darrel to take a look at the entries and see what he thinks, and then get back to you guys.

Nice work, everyone!

Closed.
    DDR/HTM Forum Moderator
    bladeforums.neuron@gmail.com

Thread Information