Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Can't I get a Kershar or ZT at the PX or Clothing Sales?

Why Can't I get a Kershar or ZT at the PX or Clothing Sales?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey Thomas W. I figured you might be able to answer the question. All the PX's I've been in have loads of Gerber, Leatherman, Buck, SOG,CRKT, and a KA-BAR and a few Spyderco and Cold Steel blades but never a Kershaw or ZT. I'd think they would be a good seller as 11B's do like their knives.

what is a PX if you dont mind me asking. If Its a store I would assume this is due to how the store operates. Knife manufacturers have little to do with who and how a store stocks their stores.

They are stores in military bases

Mongomondo is correct. PX=Post Exchange or BX for Base Exchange in Air Force. Clothing Sales are located on most military installations and carry uniforms and equipment.

I got a Kershaw Leek Composite Blade on sale here and they also carried the Blackout. Clothing sales had a couple of Kabars and the LCI Store has Benchmade folders including a few autos. To be honest the exchange prices are not really that competitive with the online retailers. If you are overseas I can understand the problem. Did you look in the exchange online catalog?

I'm not downrange now but just like the convenience of stopping at the PX. Also, some of the profits go to MWR etc so I'd rather shop there.
    No LCI at Ft Bliss unfortunately.
    I guess I need to call about my password for the AAFES online site as I haven't been able to log in for about a year

I guess the buyer doesn't appreciate our knives...today.

The seasoned troops REALLY do appreciate your knives. It's just unfortunate that the younger soldiers don't have easy access to your products. I'm not knocking Gerber but if that's all the PX has to offer they will never know the difference between quality and "just alright"

Quote Originally Posted by JWRobinson View Post
    I'm not downrange now but just like the convenience of stopping at the PX. Also, some of the profits go to MWR etc so I'd rather shop there.
    No LCI at Ft Bliss unfortunately.
    I guess I need to call about my password for the AAFES online site as I haven't been able to log in for about a year
    Have you tried looking at the small px at Biggs Airfield. I thought I saw some knives there when my wife was stationed at Ft. Bliss.
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

"Chance favours the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
    #929 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Quote Originally Posted by JWRobinson View Post
    The seasoned troops REALLY do appreciate your knives. It's just unfortunate that the younger soldiers don't have easy access to your products. I'm not knocking Gerber but if that's all the PX has to offer they will never know the difference between quality and "just alright"
    Unfortunately some knife layouts at any outlet can be based on criteria other than performance. Many times they don't even know what there customers really even want.

One Shot: Yep looked there. More Gerbers

Thomas: Already asked the local manager. Product lines are decided "way above" his head.

I've talked with folks in the BX, they said order it online.

Doesn't help that the prices there are horrible, or that the blades mostly have partial serrations.

Kershawguy has some great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W View Post
    Unfortunately some knife layouts at any outlet can be based on criteria other than performance. Many times they don't even know what there customers really even want.
    I talked with the folks at the exchange here and was told that different stores have different stock. It looks like more of the exchange customers need to request Kershaw/ZT be carried at the exchange. I know many people, including myself, who have been around for awhile really do appreciate Kershaw/ZT knives. It we all speak up maybe we can get AAFES to step up to the plate.

I think there is a "comments/suggestions" box in the main exchange. Maybe I'll start filling out a card every time I'm there. Don't know if anyone pays any attention to that sort of input but it's worth a try.

I left feedback with customer relations at the online site and hope others will do the same if they would like to see Kershaw/Zero Tolerance carried at AAFES. You can leave feedback for specific stores through the online site as well. I really hope this helps.

Thanks Renegade, I just did the same.

The online feedback at the AAFES site is probably a best bet. Being specific about the models you'd like to see would probably be helpful.
    Interestingly, they already carry some Shun knives, may be worth pointing out.

Mentioning your interest in Kershaws and ZT to a manager when visiting an exchange can't hurt either.

It also depends on the size of the base. I consider myself lucky that they have socks available at the BX here

Speaking of shirts, does anywhere online still sell shirts? I see NGK used to sell a ZT shirt, but they're long out of stock and were XL only. I wear a medium.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott View Post
    Speaking of shirts, does anywhere online still sell shirts? I see NGK used to sell a ZT shirt, but they're long out of stock and were XL only. I wear a medium.
    Time to bulk up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information