Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Working my way into the hog pen. New guy saying hi. PICS ON P.4!

ADVERTISEMENT
    If we had feral hogs to shoot around here my wife would never see me. Not much to do around here til Pctober when deer season comes back around.

Garth

I've killed 30 since January and have not been out since late March, and at another ranch we use 30+ A DAY was the norm back in 2009-8. Now that's on 7000 acres. The smaller place is 1800. Hunting with night vision is a blast. The hogs hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by highpointforge View Post
    It doesn't help that she doesn't mind since I'm not out drinking or chasing girls, etc. There's nothing wrong with a good clean fun hobby I always say. Plus hunting season is mostly over save the feral hogs at the ranch so she's happy to have me home.

Now if I can just train the mailman/UPS/Fedex not to ring the doorbell........
    "feral hogs" - I thought you were talking about us at first.

You have a great collection! Definitely try some with Res-C handles, such as the Basic 11, SYKCO 511 and others. Welcome to the fun!

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Reckner View Post
    If we had feral hogs to shoot around here my wife would never see me. Not much to do around here til Pctober when deer season comes back around.

Garth
    You got Pheasant in Ohio don't you? Upland bird hunting is my favorite! We have lots of feral hogs here in Oklahoma and i have killed my fair share but nothing beats Upland bird hunting with a bunch of your buddies IMO...
    Jack Burton: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

Awesome group of blades!!! Welcome to the madness!!!

Just wait till my chopping tests commence. It will be 100% not for the faint of heart. I have a full moon coming up and ripe wild plums on the ground at the ranch.....and a Waki that wants to go HUNTING. Perhaps a FBM too and something else.

Big choppers can cut more than trees. In fact please leave the Oaks alone if possible fellas. I have a thing for hardwood trees.

Here's a "bit of my work":

290# Boar

260# sow

Video of the guy I'm looking for....

Last edited by highpointforge; 04-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.

New collection to be shown tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by highpointforge View Post
    New collection to be shown tonight....
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    **Just having some fun - Pics of my work**

Instagram: JONASIGLESIAS

#125 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Bring it!
    Jack Burton: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

QUICK AND DIRTY....I'll get some macro shots later. Gotta go train again. Ratweiler 2 enroute to Nate for flats work and convexing. Hopefully Eric can locate some micarta for it.....

Last edited by highpointforge; 05-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Great collection!!! Now lets see the Waki taking a swing at that tile!

Welcome aboard! If you ever want to break your addiction I'm here for you brother... I'll take the knives off your hands
    I'm not a HOG but I sometimes roll like one

Desert Steel Heart Ergo and tanker grey Swamp Warden just added.

Oh you have it bad my friend. That was a good grab.
    Last edited by l2lku2; 05-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Wait for it......Basic 11......wait for it.......

Pics or it didnt happen!
    **Just having some fun - Pics of my work**

Instagram: JONASIGLESIAS

#125 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Oh nice little Swamp Warden just showed up. Makes a nice book mark! Seriously it's tanker grey and I love it. Sould I strip it or get a black one to strip? As cool as a big knife is, I will be carrying this air weight blade with me while hunting. Freaking awesome and light and thin but capable as to blade size. Having seen skeleton knives before I was uneducated as to their appeal. Well now I know!

B11 should get here next week. BBrown sheaths arrive soon for the Mistress And NMSFNOLE. I'm thinking Mashed for the Warden and SJTAC.

Finally, getting my hands on a Mr. Mojo. It's been a wild month of collecting! Blade should yield some more goodies. Hell I may even go!

Yes Tim I have it BAD. I need to get outside and shoot my bows. You kids behave.
    Last edited by highpointforge; 05-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.

B11 is awesome, since I got mine, nothing else finds it's way camping with me as often, except the swamp warden. You are gonna love the new additions. I also had a thing for Mojo, but it's just not getting used, so I'm getting rid of mine.

Neither are my other 10 Busses!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information