Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratmandu vs Rodent 4

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have a RMD and my buddy has the Rodent 4, the RMD is a fair bit bigger than the R4....perhaps doesn't appear much in it on paper but in real it seems a fair difference !

As to which is better.......I can honestly say you won't be unhappy with either blade, they both feel great in the hand, balance is perfect and obviously both share the same awesome steel.

I actually think I'd probably carry the R4 a little more often than my RMD just because it is that slight bit smaller. For most of the time the RMD is a little more knife than I actually need but as many people have said if pushed to just have one Rat then the RMD would likely be my pick !

I had this same dilemma, and consulted this thread before purchasing my rodent 4... I love it... but then my curiosity got the better of me, so I also bought an RMD and love it too! They're both awesome! You can't lose with either.

Last edited by godsmyjudge; 04-18-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Nice!!!!
    www.armoralleather.com Dwayne Puckett

Quote for the week: Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde.

Armoralleather Forum on BF! click me!

I have them both and like them both, BUT if I had to choose, RMD !!!

Tough call. Even tougher since you added the RS to the equation. I do agree with the BOTH answer. I think since you have a RS already, the RMD would be the next logical choice for some variation in length. And the RMD is about a perfect blade....

BUT...I have never held a knife that fit my hand like the Rodent 4 - ever! I carry 3 fixed blades on me (small, med, lrg) and the R4 is my lrg EDC. As much as I like the RMD, it will never take the sacred right hand spot of my R4.
    Jared
    "Pig Latin" Blade 2013

Quote Originally Posted by godsmyjudge View Post
    I had this same dilemma, and consulted this thread before purchasing my rodent 4... I love it... but then my curiosity got the better of me, so I also bought an RMD and love it too! They're both awesome! You can't lose with either.

That is a sexy combo.

Those are some sexy knives. Makes me want my RMD even more. A couple more days or weeks I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information