Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BEHOLD!! The BK16!!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by runtothehills View Post
    Opps! put the 1 in front of the 4. Machax! you wanted to test it out.
    Oh! OK. Maybe Thursday if you are avail. Or tomorrow if you want to come this way. The 16 has a date with destiny tommorow (and Jasco). I will be the test subject to how easy this coating is to strip.

In my garage, huffing bleach for your new etch
    whats a bk16? Looks like a mini bk2. are these production now? whats the length and width of these? can i get them with different colored handles? why does the logo look so weird? why are you wearing a scarf AND a tshirt in your pic? was it cold only above your shoulders?

BK5

trolling trolling trolling.........

Quote Originally Posted by clich View Post
    whats a bk16? Looks like a mini bk2. are these production now? whats the length and width of these? can i get them with different colored handles? why does the logo look so weird? why are you wearing a scarf AND a tshirt in your pic? was it cold only above your shoulders?
    Actually...That was in the michigan woods last summer with the worst mosquitos I'd ever seen in my @$%& life. And it's not a scarf, it's a shemegh.

I modded the sheath already, will post pics in a bit. My complaint was it looked like too big a sheath for the knife, plus the retention sucked. I heat-molded the liner, and made a few tiny cuts and folded the bottom part (with the leg tie down holes) up behind the sheath and glued in place. Nice and neat...and looks more reasonable a size for that knife. It's not too tight, but you can hold it upside down without the knife falling out.

Well, I'm glad you finally got your 16, Tanner. Looking forward to seeing the sheath mods. My 17 shipped today from GP. Hopefully it's here by the end of the week.

In my garage, huffing bleach for your new etch
    U really wanna see a side by side with the FPR.

Added more pics to post #1, including pics of what I did to the sheath to make it look shorter.

When I was testing the Proto BK17, I also noticed that the sheaths were all sized for the BK15, even though the others were quite a bit shorter. I was wondering what a mod like that would look like, so I appreciate that.

Also, I feel the same way about the handle on the tweeners. They aren't quite as hand filling as I wanted. I will be putting liners on the BK16 as soon as I get it because I also like the larger handles.

How does the BK16 compare the MK1 for bushcrafty things? The Bk17 is good, but the FFG on the MK1 edged it out in things like feathersticks and drilling, so I thought I'd get the best of both worlds with the BK16 .

Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    When I was testing the Proto BK17, I also noticed that the sheaths were all sized for the BK15, even though the others were quite a bit shorter. I was wondering what a mod like that would look like, so I appreciate that.

Also, I feel the same way about the handle on the tweeners. They aren't quite as hand filling as I wanted. I will be putting liners on the BK16 as soon as I get it because I also like the larger handles.

How does the BK16 compare the MK1 for bushcrafty things? The Bk17 is good, but the FFG on the MK1 edged it out in things like feathersticks and drilling, so I thought I'd get the best of both worlds with the BK16 .
    Sounds like you would love the MkI. Very hand filling, and the kraton gives a superb grip. Honestly...I would probably grab the MkI first for bushcrafty stuff. One, so I keep my 16 looking good longer, two because the handle on the MkI gives superb control. Not that the BK16 isn't going to be an obvious Becker Bushcrafter...I'm coming from a standpoint of someone who has both. (that would have been a great name...The BK16 Becker Bushcrafter)

I though when I got my BK16 I would fall out of love with the MkI, but alas, this is not the case. I'd say they are equals. The MkI is slightly longer in the blade...the BK16 in the handle. The BK16 has more sheath option/carry possiblities due to the slim design than the MkI though.

Plus..You can get the MkI for about $48 on a retailer named after a large south american river....not going to break into the Becker budget much. And it's still a Ka-Bar, so it's a Becker cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Tanner View Post
    Sounds like you would love the MkI. Very hand filling, and the kraton gives a superb grip. Honestly...I would probably grab the MkI first for bushcrafty stuff. One, so I keep my 16 looking good longer, two because the handle on the MkI gives superb control.

I though when I got my BK16 I would fall out of love with the MkI, but alas, this is not the case. I'd say they are equals. The MkI is slightly longer in the blade...the BK16 in the handle. The BK16 has more sheath option/carry possiblities due to the slim design than the MkI though.
    I actually own the MK1 right now, but it is going to be gifted to a friend. I got it for a comparison review with the BK17. I thought I would like the 17 more than I did, and thought that the BK16 would be a merging of the things I liked about the 17 and the MK1 (FFG and Full width tang).

Still, good to think about .

Congrats on the 16. Mines on its way, and I can't wait.
    Does anyone have any kydex from azwelke yet for the 16 ? I'd love to see it with some kydex pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    I actually own the MK1 right now, but it is going to be gifted to a friend. I got it for a comparison review with the BK17. I thought I would like the 17 more than I did, and thought that the BK16 would be a merging of the things I liked about the 17 and the MK1 (FFG and Full width tang).

Still, good to think about .
    I will probably change my mind once the BK16 is stripped and re-sheathed. I usually put that Wilson wrap on my Becker handles for A+ grip. Can't do it now..would be too tight in the stock sheath. Once kydexed, I can.

Hello! I recently just bought my first REAL knife, a BK-2. It's a bull and I'm really happy with it. I am looking for my next blade - a good food prep and fine carving / wood crafting tool. Would the BK-16 be something I should look into purchasing? I am also considering making this my EDC.

Very nice knife!!

Quote Originally Posted by GimPy2434 View Post
    Hello! I recently just bought my first REAL knife, a BK-2. It's a bull and I'm really happy with it. I am looking for my next blade -a good food prep and fine carving / wood crafting tool. Would the BK-16 be something I should look into purchasing? I am also considering making this my EDC.

Very nice knife!!
    Maybe the 15 would be better?

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kabarcamper View Post
    Congrats on the 16. Mines on its way, and I can't wait.
    Does anyone have any kydex from azwelke yet for the 16 ? I'd love to see it with some kydex pants on.
    its by no stretch of the imagination an azwelke,,,,but here is the 16 in kydex

I definitely like the the looks of the full ground over the saber ground version.

Quote Originally Posted by SaturatedShadow View Post
    I definitely like the the looks of the full ground over the saber ground version.
    Im the opposite...I like a sabre. The reason I payed more for my FPR16 was because I saw a pic of the FFG 16. they might look better stripped and patinaed/etched.

I need the ffg bk16, like I have ever needed a blade!

Some fool spent all my money on some overpriced "First production run" travesty and now I can't get it.

Now put a sweet Convex edge on that baby...

Quote Originally Posted by Flexxx View Post
    Now put a sweet Convex edge on that baby...
    Tanner hates convex edges, I asked him about them and he didnt know what they were. Unless its those convex edes with a micro V edge you might have more luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information