Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OKCA 2012, a few pics

OKCA 2012, a few pics

ADVERTISEMENT
    Buck's table, shown left to right, run by the capable and charming Mr. & Mrs. Houser:

A tiny part of one vendor's Buck inventory:

Hoyt Buck 105 with sheath, I believe:

I bot this compact beauty, the last one he had, from Joe, $45, mirrored blade 112 with date code 1988 with black leather sheath, paperwork, black/yellow box, 0112B06-B:

The high point of my cutlery year. More fun than I can shake a stick at. Really. I'm still giddy.
    Thank you for looking.

Very nice pictures, Thanks.

It is my pleasure. Thank you for your kind words.

A bit of the BCCI table. Taken just before Leroy and I started chewing the fat:

Thanks for the photo's Oregon,

I need to make it to that show next year!
    jb4570

The last one. The very last one:

JB,Oregon is calling, "Next year, next yearrrr" and I don't see how you would be sorry. I meant to take the wife's Ipad and get video, but, I thought she brought it and she thought I brought it. I don't know if that crowd is ready for video. Naw. However, it would have given you a felling for the size of the venue and thickness of of the crowd. Saturday was the bulge and Sunday, when I was there, was pleasant and unhurried. A fella, must have snuck up on me, did grab a Crosslock (the last one) out from under me @ the Buck table while I was just too relaxed.

I had a bunch of pics of Leroy's work, Triple R table's contents, but none of those pics turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by oregon View Post
    JB,Oregon is calling, "Next year, next yearrrr" and I don't see how you would be sorry. I meant to take the wife's Ipad and get video, but, I thought she brought it and she thought I brought it. I don't know if that crowd is ready for video. Naw. However, it would have given you a felling for the size of the venue and thickness of of the crowd. Saturday was the bulge and Sunday, when I was there, was pleasant and unhurried. A fella, must have snuck up on me, did grab a Crosslock (the last one) out from under me @ the Buck table while I was just too relaxed.

I had a bunch of pics of Leroy's work, Triple R table's contents, but none of those pics turned out.
    My Brother in-law lives in Salem, only an hour drive to Eugene from there. A win - win she gets a visit & I get my first knife show!
    Good Idea....eehhh? Wish I had thought of it sooner.....This show was out. My daughter pumped out my 6th grandchild this weekend
    jb4570

Congratulations on the new family member. Cheeers!

My daughter-in-law is expecting any time now and this will be my 2nd grandchind, a boy. The first GC is almost three.

Four of those Buck knives in your great pics are in my home as I type! I should have gotten more, but with 425 knife vendors I needed to look at others. Next year the Buck table will be the first one that I visit. BTY, that Buck 184 when I picked it up looked like it would hurt me more than the enemy. Great pics...thanks for sharing.

The pics were after me as it looks like one Buck 183 Nano Crosslock was still there. I got the second to last one.

Buck 183 Nano, Alpha Crosslock PBS, Anodized Aluminum, 3" Blade, 4oz, 420HC, 4/14/2012, Idaho, USA, Handle Material: Anodized aluminum, Gun Metal Grey.

It has a rough testure on the blade by design (a concept blade I think).

Warrior, will we see the pictures on Sunday?

AW, the Crosslock would have been my second purchase, after the mirror 112, but a more swift buyer grabbed it while I was standing there talking. I would love to see your Crosslock.

The Buck table and Joe Houser were my first target on my list. I had the map of the hall layout with marked tables numbered in order of priority. I deviated quite a bit and only got one complete pass and a little tiny bit of re-visits. This took all day. I would enjoy Friday, Saturday and Sunday sometime. One of these days when making money isn't as important to me as spending it.

I am happy that you were able to stock up on Bucks. Good for you.

BTW, I am kicking myself for not getting at least on of the vintage posters for $10 each (you can see a bit of it there on the third pic of the first post). kick kick

Quote Originally Posted by edbeau View Post
    Warrior, will we see the pictures on Sunday?
    Posting pics is not a feature that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanWarrior View Post
    Posting pics is not a feature that I have.
    Anyone who signs up with Photobucket (free and simple by the way) can post pictures here ,I assure you.
    BCCI Life member #1706

"Due to the recent increase in the price of ammo, if you try to break in, DO NOT expect a warning shot."

Quote Originally Posted by Plumberdv View Post
    Anyone who signs up with Photobucket (free and simple by the way) can post pictures here ,I assure you.
    OK, I will look into this Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanWarrior View Post
    OK, I will look into this Photobucket
    AGW & All, with photobucket questions......
    Here is a very old thread from one of our MIA Buck forum members (it's how I learned to do it).
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...light=tutorial
    jb4570

West of the Mississippi, South of the Missouri and North of the Meramec
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon View Post
    Buck's table, shown left to right, run by the capable and charming Mr. & Mrs. Houser:

Thanks Oregon for posting the nice pictures. Do you know anything about the axe in the first picture? I can't recall ever seeing one like it.

You betcha I do. It is a factory refurbisment. It pulled me right toward it as soon as I spotted the table. Joe Houser spoke about it excitedly and with great pride. Ironwood handle, vintage, red spacers are removed and reused bone hard fiber (Joe described the intimate details of removing and reinstalling these). It is a real show stopper and I wish it was in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSotoSky View Post
    Thanks Oregon for posting the nice pictures. Do you know anything about the axe in the first picture? I can't recall ever seeing one like it.
    I agree that axe was different. I am not sure if I like it or not? I need to see it in action. 420HC must be way better in the rust department.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information