Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where's my Machax Kabar?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Thanks Moose, I appreciate the offer, but I don't mind giving em a call tomorrow to explain the situation. And don't worry, I was raised on Honey over Vinegar...we haven't reached the vinegar point yet lol.

*pm inbound though.

If you don't have a specific name, maybe this can help you with a starting point. It is the email I got when I ordered mine.
    Brian,

Your order has been entered and will be shipped ASAP. Your order is $85.00 and your order number is . You will receive an email from UPS with your tracking information as soon as your BK4PROMO is shipped.

Regards,

Beth Scott

p: 800-282-0130

f: 716-790-7188

bscott@ka-bar.com
    Hawk

US Army Retired and Proud Becker Owner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyop View Post
    Well Im walking around the house at 1230 am with a BK6 and a camera but I cant find the damn cat!

Wow, nope never got anything like that. The closest I got to an official invoice, and the first email I received was this, a reply to en email I sent them wondering why I was charged more than the flat $85.

Dear Mr. Haze,

Thank you for your recent order and for contacting us.

Our records indicate your Order # 397406 for the BK4PROMO was shipped on March 27th, via the US Postal Service, to Sumas, WA. The total charge was $90.95, which breaks down as follows:

Knife w/freight $85.00

Tax for WA 5.95

$90.95

Please note KA-BAR only charges tax on orders shipping to WA, NY, and IL.

You may want to check with your bank, as they may charge an international transaction fee. The additional $1.84 charge was not initiated by KA-BAR.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe

KA-BAR

Quote Originally Posted by Haze240 View Post
    Wow, nope never got anything like that. The closest I got to an official invoice, and the first email I received was this, a reply to en email I sent them wondering why I was charged more than the flat $85.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe

KA-BAR
    My Kabar service person sounds much prettier than yours..... LOL Good luck on finding yours.
    Hawk

Well Im walking around the house at 1230 am with a BK6 and a camera but I cant find the damn cat!

Did they insure the package?

My gf recently sold a fragile porceline figurine. Despite her best efforts to pack it well and keep it safe for shipping, it shattered into a bunch of pieces upon arrive. With the insurance information, USPS paid the full value of the item to the buyer.

If it doesn't show up, you need to get in the phone with Kabar. They NEED to either reimburse you or send you a replacement. It's simple as that. If they didn't get the delivery confirmation its their own negligence and shouldn't be a loss suffered on your part.

Good luck. Sometimes with these kind of things you need to be relentless. I always feel like a d-bag pulling this maneuver but no one should be blatantly screwed over in such a fashion.

I don't wanna post up people's names lol. I'm sure mine was a supermodel... you know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ljcsov View Post
    Did they insure the package?
    If it doesn't show up, you need to get in the phone with Kabar. They NEED to either reimburse you or send you a replacement. It's simple as that. If they didn't get the delivery confirmation its their own negligence and shouldn't be a loss suffered on your part.

Good luck. Sometimes with these kind of things you need to be relentless. I always feel like a d-bag pulling this maneuver but no one should be blatantly screwed over in such a fashion.
    I'm sure it won't come to that. From what I know, the people at Kabar are the type to do the right thing, and if they see fit to send me one of those SUPER special limited edition sprint run golden machaxes (with the bejeweled sheaths) that I know they're hiding, then everything will be fine. If not....WAR. I kid I kid.

I had a bk14 sheath gavko on youtube made for me stolen in route usps. Thats why I'm waiting for Jay at Warriors and Wonders in Vancouver bc to get the tweeners, before I buy. I'm not rich, so I'm not willing to take the chance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze240 View Post
    I'm sure it won't come to that. From what I know, the people at Kabar are the type to do the right thing, and if they see fit to send me one of those SUPER special limited edition sprint run golden machaxes (with the bejeweled sheaths) that I know they're hiding, then everything will be fine. If not....WAR. I kid I kid.
    Good! I hope they help you out and you get some chopping fury in your hands in the near future.

I always have to employ the rambo tactics on the cable company after the try do a stealth alteration of my bill

well Haze, i'm glad you did call around like i suggested, and even ask the local USPS... i'd give them another shot and ask if there's a way to ask around a bit more...

the fact you didn't even get an INVOICE yet, is suspicious.

but really, you've done the legwork. contact KaBar. let them know what you've done, and that you are displeased... you have no invoice, perhaps THEY lost the order?

the mods will back you if need be. though Official Kabar should just jump on this and get it done. you need your knife, and perhaps some goodies to compensate

hang in there.
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

I'm currently going through a situation not entirely unlike your own... though I must admit, in retrospect, that I'm as guilty of being an idiot as the company I purchased a 9 from of is of being brutally dishonest and unethical. To keep it short, I made my purchase 7 weeks ago from a company I had never heard of, and was selling the 9 for $5 less than any other online vendor I could find. I waited a month before emailing, inquiring as to the expected shipping date (the tracking number showed that the item hadn't shipped yet). No response. Over the next week I called three times, two of which went unanswered, with no outgoing voice mail; the other resulted in me sitting "on hold" for 36 minutes, after which time I hung up. I then decided to do my due-diligence on the company that was ignoring me (good timing, huh?). Turns out, they have received 18 complaints on the BBB website in the last 6 months ranging from dishonest sales tactics, to delivery issues... no s**t. I sent a final email threatening formal complaints to BBB (as they are obviously intimated by such threats), and tried the tracking number on their website... unfortunately for me, their domain has been deactivated! When I called to find out what was going on, I found that their customer service line had been disconnected. In fact, the only department that seems to still exist is their account receivable. To restate, I got myself into this in an attempt to save $5... oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    well Haze, i'm glad you did call around like i suggested, and even ask the local USPS... i'd give them another shot and ask if there's a way to ask around a bit more...

the fact you didn't even get an INVOICE yet, is suspicious.

but really, you've done the legwork. contact KaBar. let them know what you've done, and that you are displeased... you have no invoice, perhaps THEY lost the order?

the mods will back you if need be. though Official Kabar should just jump on this and get it done. you need your knife, and perhaps some goodies to compensate

hang in there.
    Thanks for the support Bladite. I'll be trying to call them today on my lunch break to let them know what's going on, and find out if they have anymore info. It sounds like a mixture of miscommunication among the people at Kabar is what led to this, I know they didn't go out of their way to screw me over lol. Shyte happens, it's just how long it takes to notice and correct it that matters.

Alright, so another update.

Spoke with another nice lady at Kabar today and explained the situation, that I've checked with all the shipping and receiving companies in the area, checked with USPS Office and was told I should have been given a tracking number, and there's not a lot anyone can do without it. Unfortunately the last girl I spoke with yesterday passed all my paperwork onto the warehouse manager...who called in sick today (my luck improves). Looks like today is another write-off. I did leave my Email address with them again, and requested an Invoice when they could get it from the warehouse manager. I thanked her for her help and that was that.

I wasn't expecting anything else to be done today, but I was pleasantly surprised. Got a call about half an hour later from another, different nice lady, who I believe has a little more sway within the company. She explained that since the warehouse manager was sick, she didn't want me to have to wait longer than I already have, and that she would try to deal with the problem right now herself. This is good customer service, and speaks to that "noticing and correcting the problem quickly" bit I mentioned. She asked If I had another address that could be shipped to, and I told her "Only my actual home address, which is in Canada." She told me usually there would be a $25 freight charge to go cross-border, but that it will probably be waived since I've waited so long. So now hopefully I just have to make the one trip down to pick up the BK16 I ordered from Tomar's, and the Machax should be delivered by the M.I.B's to my door. Good news and all, but she made no mention of the bonus micarta scales for my hassle...lol

Haven't received a tracking number yet...but there is no reason I shouldn't get one this time. Looking forward to finally getting my hands on this thing, and I'm glad Kabar is doing the right thing and taking care of it.

kabar is far from being "the enemy"

they've been blessed with being SO POOPULAR, it's a curse. they are seriously so busy they don't even honor the mods on a timely level, so of course, things slip now and then. they are an honest bunch though, and given a CHANCE, will do the right thing.

they are in fact, so busy, they being an old school, *traditional* company, do not troll the internets. you must call them. often.

case in point: best buy did me an annoyance today. i called. pitched by bitch, politely, but with sadness. guess who has a high value "gift card" coming his way? that's right. me. big time.

you just have to know when to complain, to who, and how. us mods? we have your back on a lot of things, but KEEP IN MIND: we do not work for kabar. kabar minds its own though, just give them a fair shake. best warranty in the bizness too.
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

Sounds like everything worked out nicely for you. Remind me to make the Machax I order turn to dust for 3 months, get a free one, and have the first one appear at my door.

I'm kidding, but I am glad everything worked out for you, and if that first one shows up and you don't have a need/want/space for it, let me know and I my address will be in your inbox.

DHL did me dirty for christmas. BUt mines was for some EMU boots I bought for my gf for christmas. COme to find out the DHL driver threw the package on the road somewhere close to my house and quit shortly after that day. Luckily a UPS driver who knows me because Im always buying crap online came after he was off work and delivered it to me a few days after. He said he found it on the side of the road and decided to pick it up. EMU Australia replaced them for free DHL payed for them. And the next time they tried delivering the replacements to me the DHL driver dropped off the wrong package. Thank the GODs I still had a local DHL supervisors number in my call logs. Called, raised hell and ended up getting the replacement boots also. They dont have a DHL in New Mexico no more so it comes from Arizona supposedly and the 2 drivers I had werent very bright Im guessing. 2 boots for the price of one for my gf. Missed Christmas but she was happy afterwards. Hope you get your stuff soon man. I know how frustrating it is to have to track a missing package. I was ready to ring the DHL drivers neck.
    "fidelis usque mortis diem"

Still not here. I will post what's going on soon. I'm less than impressed right now.

Well I finally got mine. It seems that Ka-bar got my zipcode wrong and it added a few days. I finally got to chop something last night. Hope you will get to chop soon too :-)
    Hawk

I had something similar happen to me with an online order from Nalgene for my grandson's drink bottle with the green dinosaurs. They charged me but it never showed up. I waited 2 weeks and then called them. They burned up the phone lines trying to find a $8 order. They could not find it. I got one in the mail express overnight delivery for free. A month later the other one showed up all beat up but intact inside. I called and they said "Hey, no worries. It's yours." Just for that alone I like that company.

*Edit...mostly ranting, here's the just...

Basically, I was told it would ship immediately, six days ago. Today I was told it would ship today, but the tracking number provided is invalid. I sent a stern but polite email expressing my displeasure and disappointment in the delay in shipping, and the lack of information provided on both orders. I also have to pay duties, which is fine...however they have not refunded the Washington sales tax they charged me on the first knife. This is going to turn into an expensive BK4 when all is said and done.

Fingers crossed, I will have it by the weekend.
    Last edited by Haze240; 04-24-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Breathe....breathe....ok cool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information