Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2-nighter: lite machete comes out of hibernation!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Great post! Love the ESEE lite machete. Love the condor 12" bolo a bit more, but the ESEE is right up there. One of my buds received a becker/esee necker hybrid - it was sweet! Looked like a great time. I pulled a tick off my but from this weekend and am dawning the steroids to the poison ivy pimples on my legs. Awh, summer has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by jdk1 View Post
    I think he means your bow drill twig warmer

Great post, as always. I live vicariously through you!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
    great post, thanks. I would love to stumble on that much firewood, but probably wouldn't use it because it would feel like stealing.
    thanks! heh, a lot of the surrounding areas near the shelters are picked so clean i feel like i just struck oil every time i go to this specific spot (which is off trail). last year's freak hurricane did remedy that though since there's tons of downed trees everywhere that should be dry enough by this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I keep forgetting about that saw. Nice thread bud, finding any ticks yet ? Buggers are everywhere here.
    thanks! i caught two ticks on my pant legs and another on my sleeping pad last month when it hit a high of 75° f but not on this trip where the high was in the mid 50s. i think the sweet spot is around 60° since at that temp or below i don't see them and mosquitoes.

Quote Originally Posted by kgd View Post
    Great post! Love the ESEE lite machete. Love the condor 12" bolo a bit more, but the ESEE is right up there. One of my buds received a becker/esee necker hybrid - it was sweet! Looked like a great time. I pulled a tick off my but from this weekend and am dawning the steroids to the poison ivy pimples on my legs. Awh, summer has arrived!
    thanks, ken! i actually prefer the ontario 12" cutlass machete or cs kukri over the lite machete now since i only do light chopping nowadays/do more fuel prep for the emberlit. tick off your butt - too much information, man...too much

Quote Originally Posted by JV3 View Post
    i had a becker necker (bk-11) a long time ago and gave it away here since i hated the handle. the izula handle on it and the zytel scales makes it a much more usable knife...this necker almost feels like a full-sized knife actually.

The Izula 2 bridges that gap. It's the smallest "full knife" I've used. Not to give you an excuse to buy another knife or nothin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by JV3 View Post
    how sharp is sharp enough for me? if it can push cut crispy fried spam!

Aren't I supposed to hit this little triangular button when I see spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    The Izula 2 bridges that gap. It's the smallest "full knife" I've used. Not to give you an excuse to buy another knife or nothin'.

Aren't I supposed to hit this little triangular button when I see spam?
    i had an izula 2 and it's indeed a big step above the izula/eskabar but i just kept reaching for my spyderco bushcraft all the time. for pocket carry or food prep at camp i always preferred my military so it was barely used after a year and i ended up selling it to a buddy. before the eskabar i had no beckers anymore (nothing really fit in with what i wanted/purpose) but i'll always be a beckerhead and want to show my support (beckers got me started on fixed blades) so i felt bad not having any, hence the eskabar

as for the spam, this kind might be even more repulsive than the electronic version to most people so click away at that triangular button

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information