Thread: In the shop 4/16/2012 and Jade Kitchen set finished!

In the shop 4/16/2012 and Jade Kitchen set finished!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Well, things are moving right along so I took a couple in the morning and a couple at the days end. I actually hate the metal polishing and "gunk" clean out but the results are pretty rewarding.

One new thing is I now have a knife block maker who is working with me on custom designed show blocks that are user friendly. So, the knives will not come out of the block even if hit on their handles but make the knife set into a beautiful and functional display.

I really like doing kitchen knife sets but they are very, very difficult. I think that is why I like them, but I usually only have been doing one set a year as they are so difficult to get just right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Redrummd; 04-17-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Mike,

Very fine looking Jade Kitchen set. The Mookaite seems to have a great and unusual pattern and color combination.....looks like a real Gem. The two Chrysocolla's look like exceptional Blues. Heck they all look great. I really appreciate and enjoy your "In the Shop" threads.......Thanks Mike.

Dennis

Mike,

It's always a pleasure to see the progress of your art works and the 'goings-ons' in your shop. I agree with Dennis in that they all look great !! Thanks for sharing...

Dave

I agree, you really choose some exceptional rough to work with, it is hard to find anything that nice and big! That Mookaite is probably the best piece I have seen and the Jade... wow!
    www.fairlyknives.com
    DFK Bladeforums Forum
    Craftsmanship Without Compromise DFK ------ Daniel Fairly Knives Connoisseur Grade Cutlery ----------------------- These go to eleven!

Redrummd knife lovers,

I was so fortunate to be able to purchase the red, yellow and plum colored Mookaite shown in this thread. It is absolutely breath taking. The bright Red, polish and color contrast is second to none of any of Mike's art in stone. Of the many beautiful stone knifes in my collection, I would like everyone to know that this Mookaite is among my favorites including Lapis Lazuli, Shattuckites, Chrysocolla in Quartz, Pietersites, and a couple Agate based Gems. This new Mookaite version that has come to market is well worth considering to purchase as it is truly an outstanding GEM. The photo does not reflect the full beauty of the stone. I will be looking to get at least one more. I hope this feedback on Mookaite is a help to all of you that are considering Mike's artwork.

Dennis

Here are a few pictures of the Mookaite that Dennis has.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Redrummd View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the Mookaite that Dennis has.
    Dennis, I am jealous! BEAUTIFUL!
    Michael, your work is amazing!
    -Lance
    BCCI Lifetime member #2128

Thread Information