Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: I'm an A-hole

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Posts
    3,024

    ADVERTISEMENT
    You just can't hide class.
    “Life is full of joy, pain, adversity, and outright mistakes. It's not these things, rather how we deal with all of these things that defines us." -HSN

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northern Va
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by steel_leather View Post
    WOW she really wanted a reward! What is wrong with people today? I can say that i find it sad that a lot of people my age (30) have little to no respect for there fellow man. The days of your word is your bond and a hand shake is a promise are gone. I am sadden by this and often think of what the future holds and how long till we find ourselves in a world where if you where hurt people would just walk by and let you die?
    This has already happened I'll try to dig up the link but a cop was shot in crowded parking lot and people just walked by him and did nothing

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania hills and valleys
    Posts
    1,577
    A couple stories with a common denominator: wimmins....

    oh well, I guess i'm now an a-hole.
    SEMPER-FI TIL I DIETo have an opinion of a fact or set thereof is oxymoronic.It is an opinion if it may in fact be wrong.Otherwise, it is factual and not subject to opinion.Just so you know...

  4. #24
    To think that woman tried to turn the chain of events around is amazing. I see all the time fat young people park in handicap parking spots and then you say something they look at you as if your rude to them."This is with no sign on there car." WE need to teach the young respect and it is not going to happen in school.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania hills and valleys
    Posts
    1,577
    ^ I'm with you on that one.
    SEMPER-FI TIL I DIETo have an opinion of a fact or set thereof is oxymoronic.It is an opinion if it may in fact be wrong.Otherwise, it is factual and not subject to opinion.Just so you know...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    182
    I'm starting to have doubts, well I have been for quite some time now, about humanity in general. Its a shame about the "entitlement" attitude that most people have. Its always refreshing to meet someone who isn't an asshole.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jerzee, ya devilz
    Posts
    75,143
    Blog Entries
    10
    I was a manager of a post office in New York City. We had to deal with people like the woman with the skis -- professionally rude people.

    I explained to my clerks that when someone put on a performance, it was because they knew they were wrong, and were trying to back us off so they would get away with it. That woman knew the skis were not hers, but she took and used them anyway. She figured if she were obnoxious enough, the owner would be just as glad to get them back and get rid of her, and wouldn't press charges.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    2,920
    That is a sad story indeed. Maybe she'll drive off a cliff.....

  9. #29
    What if her boyfriend was Chuck Norris? Then what? I know for a fact he carries a fixed blade. It's called a samarui sword. I saw it in the movie, " The Octagon".

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mt. Keira NSW
    Posts
    2,928
    I really hope she doesn't ski into wall and end with a ski pole stuck up her. The overbloated sense of entitlement that plagues our world is disturbing to say the least.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by meako View Post
    The overbloated sense of entitlement that plagues our world is disturbing to say the least.
    How very true.

  12. #32
    There are a lot of people out there like this, but then again, there are a lot of good people too.

    I'm glad you at least got your skis returned.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by dave mastrianna View Post
    I see all the time fat young people park in handicap parking spots and then you say something they look at you as if your rude to them."This is with no sign on there car." WE need to teach the young respect and it is not going to happen in school.
    Next time, call 911 and ask for a patrol car to investigate the illegally-parked car. One $250 ticket will change that young person's mind for a lifetime.
    I have a Handicapped sticker and use it when necessary. Sometimes I can get by with a standard parking space. But it's nice to have one available when my old bones aren't working properly.
    Sonny

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    1,341
    Reminds me of that Alaska Trucking (Ice Road Truckers) show on pay tv over here. The new girl was doing her driving test to see if the company would give her a job. She started ranting at someone on the road and I think she started driving agressively at them. She was from out of town. The local guy judging her driver turns around to her, and without even a slight smile says..."Do you know people carry guns here?" She was totally silent. Very funny episode.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by AR_Shorty View Post
    Its a shame about the "entitlement" attitude that most people have.
    And YOU can do something about it. November the 6th.

    I grew up in a small Michigan town where my mother fed sandwiches and milk to bums off the train at our front door several times a week. We didn't lock our front door for over twenty yrs of living in that town...until... My dad was a preacher and our family was next door (at our Church) at the Christmas Eve service, and when we came back home, the Christmas presents under the tree had disappeared.
    Sonny

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Emerson View Post

    But the thing is, there were no apologies, no I’m sorry, no anything except a bucketful of attitude and this behavior seems to be becoming more and more commonplace;

    Where ignorance becomes indignance and lack of civility becomes self-righteousness, no matter how wrong the offender may be. My Best Regards,

    Ernest Emerson
    Ernie, my friend...be grateful that you aren't married to her. I suspect that her life is NOT a happy one. A close encounter is quite enough.
    best,
    Sonny (CQC-7V)

  17. #37
    I pity Her bf. Poor guy must be a real winner. Imagine listening to her all the time and then on top of that being sent to woop on Mr. E. OMG that poor bastard might welcome death rather than another of her tirades but, death at the hand of Mr. E.? hmm maybe better to just listen to her bitching

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •