Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing A Sheath Without A Belt?

Wearing A Sheath Without A Belt?

ADVERTISEMENT
    While Im at home I like to lounge in a tshirt and basketball shorts while working in the backyard where I use my knife a lot. Normally I stick my knife and the sheath in my pocket where it falls out constantly. It hasnt really bugged me until today when I spent half an hour looking for my knife because I hadnt realized that it fell out while I was working.

So my question to you guys is: What would be the best way to carry a knife with a belt loop sheath while wearing clothing that does not require a belt?

Quote Originally Posted by vtvman View Post
    While Im at home I like to lounge in a tshirt and basketball shorts while working in the backyard where I use my knife a lot. Normally I stick my knife and the sheath in my pocket where it falls out constantly. It hasnt really bugged me until today when I spent half an hour looking for my knife because I hadnt realized that it fell out while I was working.

So my question to you guys is: What would be the best way to carry a knife with a belt loop sheath while wearing clothing that does not require a belt?
    ....put on a belt anyway?

Or make a baldric/shoulder sling. Or carry it in your hand or pocket. You don't have many options except hanging from your body in some way.

Well, they do have these newfangled folding knives with pocket clips on them these days....

If you are fixed blade guy....neck. (Or I suppose you could go "ankle sheath"! )

Just get a webbed rigger's belt like the soldiers where.

Get a belt clip for it.

If the knife is small enough to go in your pocket, it should be small enough to hang around your neck with some paracord -as long as it will sit snugly in the sheath.

duct tape the sheath to your leg
    Personally, I want any movie I see about a guy that travels back in time in a souped up DeLorean and meets his parents before they were married to have the appropriate guitar for the year, kinda blew the believability of the whole movie for me.

just put some cord through the belt loop and wear it baldric-style.

Baryonyx Knife Co. ~Condors, Moras, Deluxe Tramontinas, and More!

"To live at all is miracle enough."
    — Mervyn Peake

Blog Entries
    It seems rather odd wearing clothing that would not require a belt, yet wanting to carry an item that requires a belt sheath. What knife are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by brets-ftw View Post
    duct tape the sheath to your leg
    This! Hehe.

I actually really like knives strapped to the inside of my lower leg when i'm doing real work with them or whatnot. seems like they don't get in the way as much. go to your local hardware store or fabric store and you can make a strap in less than five minutes. i've brought a knife into a hardware/general store with me and the guys(and gal) were really cool and helped me experiment with a few different setups. of course that was in Alaska and everyone knew i was about to go on a month long sea kayaking trip in the wilderness . . so i guess location matters if you don't want to look like a nut.

I was just trying to come up with a rig the other day. A hardened leather flap inverted U-shape with a flap and snaps on the outside to attach a belt sheath. Flap fits inside the waistband between your underwear ( if any) and your shorts. As soon as I make it , Ill post it in this thread.

Wearing a BDU belt on shorts I do not like , nor sheaths with clips. They pop out from shorts drawstrings/waistbands too easily. I've been considering other options.

When I'm out in the back yard I will often grab my sheathed Esee 3 or 4 and tuck it inside the waistband at around 4 o'clock.
    Never had a problem with this informal carry and unless you are wearing gangsta pants I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    "I'll get there when I get there."
    Rat Pack #130

get yerr self some kydex witha clip for inda waist bandz

Spyderco G clip.

I attach it to the sheath for left handed carry, but carry it IWB on the right.

edit: ^ or what he said!

Interesting problem and one I've never had to think about. All my britches long and short have belt loops and I always wear a belt.

Seems to me the gent who said tucking it in the waistband idea is on to something. should work well enough.

Well if you have belt loops but no belt, how about a dangler sheath with a clip like the one I had my brother make me.

I thought this was what "frogs" on sheaths were for.

I would say get a carabiner and just clip it to your shorts by the pocket, that way its not going anywhere.

Suspenders of course.
    1038-360x500.jpg
    Greg A
    NRA Endowment
    SASS Life
    #69 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

Quote Originally Posted by fatherhudson View Post
    I actually really like knives strapped to the inside of my lower leg when i'm doing real work with them or whatnot. seems like they don't get in the way as much. go to your local hardware store or fabric store and you can make a strap in less than five minutes. i've brought a knife into a hardware/general store with me and the guys(and gal) were really cool and helped me experiment with a few different setups. of course that was in Alaska and everyone knew i was about to go on a month long sea kayaking trip in the wilderness . . so i guess location matters if you don't want to look like a nut.
    So you had a knife strapped to the inside of your lower leg...while in a kayak. Convenient!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information