Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you have planned this year

Hogging off steel on a belt grinder in (Gods Country) MD.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey Todd, sorry I don't have any pics. I never think to take any being so busy with other things during the event. Try a search here on BF under Gossman Campout/Shop Tour. There should be pics in the Wilderness Survival forum.
    Hope you can make it this year.
    Scott

will do. thanks Scott.

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13
    I just did a search on Google Images, "Gossman Campout", and came up with a ton of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by silenthunterstudios View Post
    I just did a search on Google Images, "Gossman Campout", and came up with a ton of pics.
    roger that silenthunter. thanks. i guess that's what i'll do tonight.

Hey guys,

So I think I may get to go shooting sooner
    Then expected ! My friend knows a place
    Where the ownner has a prairie dog
    Problem and wants it solved so I may get
    A chance to break in my BCM but I still
    Need a rear sight for it . If not ill shoot
    It with the front sight only and see what
    Happen's ...i'll let you know know what
    Goes on if it goes throught the ownners
    Boss (wife) lol...

Frank
    Last edited by frc505; 04-26-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Two more weeks after this one and Friday's will work real well for me. How do they look for you Dan?

I can bring the Scimitar, a Siegle, and probably one or two others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gossman Knives View Post
    Pick a day you guys want to come by (Thurs. Fri. or Sat.) and we can go to the camp area and bust up some wood. Got a bunch of it there.
    Scott

Friday sounds good, gonna have to take leave though. Getting out of Baltimore on a Friday afternoon is an adventure. Last year it took me 3 hours to get home on Memorial Day weekend Friday. The roads were jam packed and I was actually on my way to see Scott at his shop! Holiday weekend, plus road work, plus recent police officer funeral which shut down 695, the Baltimore beltway. Goes to show you that you better have alternate routes covered, and that you have to improvise. It wasn't a disaster, but it could have easily turned into one. Hard evidence that shows you that the interstates can turn to hell in a handbasket in an instant!

I have an ESEE lite machete, one of Scott's 8" Tuskers, a Baublitz Hudson Bay chief knife, an Idaho Knife Works Hudson Bay and an NWA Woodsman. I could also bring my GB canoe/campers axe, and my Snow and Nealy axe. I'm looking forward to seeing that Siegle and scimitar in action.

Cool, we can do a Friday sometime in mid May or after then. I can imagine getting out of Baltimore is hell...god, I hate driving in big cities.

Be great to see that Tusker and the Woodsman. Also really like Hudson Bay design!

Quote Originally Posted by silenthunterstudios View Post
    Friday sounds good, gonna have to take leave though. Getting out of Baltimore on a Friday afternoon is an adventure. Last year it took me 3 hours to get home on Memorial Day weekend Friday. The roads were jam packed and I was actually on my way to see Scott at his shop! Holiday weekend, plus road work, plus recent police officer funeral which shut down 695, the Baltimore beltway. Goes to show you that you better have alternate routes covered, and that you have to improvise. It wasn't a disaster, but it could have easily turned into one. Hard evidence that shows you that the interstates can turn to hell in a handbasket in an instant!

I have an ESEE lite machete, one of Scott's 8" Tuskers, a Baublitz Hudson Bay chief knife, an Idaho Knife Works Hudson Bay and an NWA Woodsman. I could also bring my GB canoe/campers axe, and my Snow and Nealy axe. I'm looking forward to seeing that Siegle and scimitar in action.

Sounds good fellas. Just gimme a date and I'll leave it open.
    Scott

I traded into a Junglas, I'll bring that along too. Can't wait to come down.

For everyone local to MD, there is a Primitive Skills event this weekend at Oregon Ridge park in Hunt Valley. I was going to attend, still might, but family stuff has come up this weekend.

http://www.oregonridge.org/primtec.php

So how about Friday, the 18th? Would that work for you two?

Looking forward to seeing the Junglas...had an RTAK and would like to see the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by CollinAshmore View Post
    So how about Friday, the 18th? Would that work for you two?

Looking forward to seeing the Junglas...had an RTAK and would like to see the changes.
    Sounds good to me. I would like to check out the Junglas. I always liked Jeff Randalls knives especially the RTAK.
    Scott

The 18th works for me.

Let me know a time you guys want to come by. I'll leave that day open.
    Scott

Dan, I'll leave the time up to you. I'm free all day that day, so I can do whenever.

Somewhere between three and four. Leaning more toward four.

Works great for me!

Gossman 8" Tusker, NWA Woodsman, Terry Baublitz Hudson Bay camp chief, Condor Hudson Bay, ESEE lite machete, ESEE Junglas. I think that's about it. Gotta remember that...

Just making sure we're still on for Friday between 3-4...I've got the Scimitar and the Siegle ready and a couple others.

Also, Stanley White...if you read this and want to / can join in...come on up man!

Quote Originally Posted by CollinAshmore View Post
    Just making sure we're still on for Friday between 3-4...I've got the Scimitar and the Siegle ready and a couple others.

Also, Stanley White...if you read this and want to / can join in...come on up man!
    Thanks for the invite Collin!

Unfortunately I cannot join this time around.

Hopefully next time!

-Stan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information