Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snus Tins....

ADVERTISEMENT
    Nord, pm me your address. Kids, after Nord I'll need a few days till I have more. Dave I've got what we talked about almost ready, I wanna send you a good batch! I'll let you guys know when I'm restocked!

E-mail sent your way!

Tks!

N~

Thrill- I've seen guys use dip cans as PSKs, IFAKs, tinder kits (they're showerproof), and as weights for decoys while hunting. For the decoys, you punch a few holes in either the top or bottom of the can, string some baling wire/550 through the holes, and fill the cans with concrete. Easy to pack and use decoy weights.
    For the record- I don't dip, chew, or smoke, but I have learned some things like this from those who do.

I have a few kits made from Cope cans..works well, but round is the least efficient shape, when utilizing square inches of pack/pouch room. A rectangle or square is much more efficient space-wise. Less wasted space and air-gaps with them as opposed to round.

this is true. I end up just tossing most of the gifted cans anyway in favor of an altoids type tin.

Round Tins are GREAT for fishing kits though. You can even find or make tiny reels and spools to hold your line that will fit in one. Currently I use spent Shotgun shells for fishing kits. I can jam alot into a 2 3/4" 12 gauge shell. Mine hold hooks, split shot (appropriate), lures, rubber worms, trout beads, flashers, spoons, and other assorted tackle like barrel swivels and clips. Line is wrapped around the outside of the shell and held in place with a bit of electrical tape. The whole thing is capped off with a foam cork cut from a stick float. Size of your thumb and you can bring in anything from crappie to cutthroat to chinook salmon. Plus the shell fits in most shotgun bandoliers and elastic holders.
    Last edited by Haze240; 04-28-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: iPhone auto corrections suck sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan1969 View Post
    Hey folks, I mentioned Snus tins in a thread here (forgot which) and have taken a couple of email inquiries about them. I have a few more, and, one becomes available every couple a days...., so if anyone wants a empty tin just mail me your shipping address I'll send ya one as they become available. I have 2 empties right now. The tin on the left is put together, and the tin on right is obviously open and I put just a few things in there for size reference. Cost of the tin? Glad you asked. For Beckerheads, it's free. For non-Beckerheads, it's free.
    See, Snus cans at least offer an alternative use once done, cigarettes are just useless...

I'd like to get a can from ya, but it's going to be awhile by the looks of things!
    I don't dip, don't know anyone who does, but I did find a couple outside a pub not long ago (they missed the trash can near the back door)
    George Mathias (Mercop) is a Snus user and found they are perfect for holding two tea light candles. I use mine in the same manner, with some extra tinder as well.
    He also made an expidient perimeter alarm with three cans, some cordage, and some steel slingshot pellets, "tin can" style.
    (Formerly known as bowieman)

I'd be interested in 2 or 3 if you're still doing this. I'll email you. Thanks a lot!

Thats a good idea, I am a Cope and Skoal man...but I might have to give that a whirl just for the tin.
    The Skoal plastic cans are OK in a pack, but they can break...they are more water resistant than an altoids by far though.
    I have to get one of those small altoids cans...those are cool.
    My BK4 pouch is so deep, I had to put my Leatherman MUT in there...it fits perfect.

I dont remember if I e-mailed you or not, but thanks Cubsfan. I got mine full O goodies for fire prep. Shes slipped in perfectly with my 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze240 View Post
    Round Tins are GREAT for fishing kits though. You can even find or make tiny reels and spools to hold your line that will fit in one. Currently I use spent Shotgun shells for fishing kits. I can jam alot into a 2 3/4" 12 gauge shell. Mine hold hooks, split shot (appropriate), lures, rubber worms, trout beads, flashers, spoons, and other assorted tackle like barrel swivels and clips. Line is wrapped around the outside of the shell and held in place with a bit of electrical tape. The whole thing is capped off with a foam cork cut from a stick float. Size of your thumb and you can bring in anything from crappie to cutthroat to chinook salmon. Plus the shell fits in most shotgun bandoliers and elastic holders.
    How did I miss this? That's a GREAT idea! I just so happen to have a few 12/20 shell combos sitting around here, I'm gonna have to build a kit from one of them now. Thanks!

Yep Yep - fired my info your way. That's super cool. All I've ever known/see are the Altoids.

These snus tins are awesome! Slightly larger than the width of the tweener sheath pockets, but perfect for anything else.

Got my tin today! Thanks a lot!

i would love one as well if you dont mind.

doc PM me your address. Creative your tin has traveled the farthest. I'm sitting on 5 or 6 tins ATM.

Now, if anyone else wants one PM me. I'm sure people tired of seeing this thread creep in every so often, so I'll lock it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information