Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question on a couple of Bucks. / Photos added

ADVERTISEMENT
    The raised rivet problem seems to be consistent on the black valox handled 300s. I have not heard of any one mention this on the yellow or dymondwood models. As it is, it's just cosmetic. I have carried my black 309 for months without any problem.

Great info from you folks as usual.

Put me down for one of those Wharnies.

jwh

Quote Originally Posted by Groove View Post
    I ordered a 303 and I'm returning it, the rivet wasn't finished properly and it's sharp. My yellow comfortcraft 309 is quickly becoming my EDC though, I think I like it's size better than the 303. I'm not bashing Buck here, I love their knives but I finally managed to get a dud. Love the 309!

Eric
    I kinda stirred up a hornets nest about that subject, some time back. I too really like Buck knives, but having pins that show, has always been a pet peeve of mine.
    The pins on my knife are flush, but they still show. It doesn't hurt anything though. I'm happy enough with the Buck slip joints, that I have worked past the small issue though.
    Always seemed odd that other manufactureres finish their knives with no "pin show" , but the Bucks do. Pin show is not my term, I picked that one up when talking with Shirley at Case.

ETA: I still need to pick up one of the yellow knives

In all fairness, I have had some vintage Case knives that were showing also, but a trip back to the factory , and they were all taken care of.

Mike WTB - Benchmade Ritter S30V Mini Griptilian & Mini Griptilian scales

R.I.P Bill ( Maniacal Pete ) I only wish there was something we could have done to help...

I own quite a few Buck 303 and 301's. I love slant bolstered stockmen. I only had a problem on 1 of them in the fit and finish department. As far as the "Light" pull on Buck's I actually prefer a lighter pull like Buck has. There are some knife manufacturers that are just too hard on my 53 year old hands and nails. Not dissing them as when I was younger I like the heavy pull knives also. But I would definately recommend a 303 to anyone looking for medium stockman. I just wished they made a 2 Bladed Jack on the 303, but would settle for 300 Bucks version also

I'd be in for a wharncliffe on a Buck frame too

A clip main and wharncliffe secondary would be killer.

Well I liked them enough that I ordered the Stockman and the Companion in Yellow Delrin. Should show up next week. A few more Bucks never hurt anyone that I can remember.

jwh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information