Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Glow Inserts: Teaser thread/Sneak peak

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126

    Glow Inserts: Teaser thread/Sneak peak


    ADVERTISEMENT
    Regular customized Mora (sorry no glowing beckers yet, but will have some in the near future)..."How to" will come soon for those interested.


    005 by CamH_16, on Flickr

    But at night...


    006 by CamH_16, on Flickr

    Pic doesent do justice cos camera is terrible at night photos...

    What do you think?
    Last edited by CamH_16; 04-23-2012 at 11:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Beckerhead #68 Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,135
    Sweet Job! I didn't think you could pull off that Mora handle, but you did.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ozark hill country of MO/AR
    Posts
    4,750
    do u have any pics of the mora with naked tang? how much do u have to work with under that round mora handle?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Becker Head #220 / Polk City, FL
    Posts
    1,641
    Those are just plain awesome!
    Last edited by oXide; 04-24-2012 at 12:43 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by King Leonidas
    Molon Labe.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillbilly View Post
    do u have any pics of the mora with naked tang? how much do u have to work with under that round mora handle?
    The tang is about 3/16-1/4 inch thick, but I didnt hollow that micarta out, the slabs are sealed with glowing crap aswell so both the tang and the sides glow. Thinking about putting a pin in it to as whilst the epoxy is pretty strong its not THAT strong...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by oXide View Post
    Those are just plain :jerkit!
    Thanks...I guess? LOL.
    Last edited by Karda; 04-24-2012 at 12:36 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Tanner View Post
    Sweet Job! I didn't think you could pull off that Mora handle, but you did.
    The glow inserts only go about an 1/8th inch into the scales and the scales are a little under 1/4...You wont have a problem.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ozark hill country of MO/AR
    Posts
    4,750
    so is the micarta one-piece? or two scales? I like this idea..I may try it on my mora

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Palermo, New York
    Posts
    1,506
    Very cool, I really like the look of that mora. You should toss a picture of that next to your 14 in there so it doesn't get tossed out of the subforum. I would also like to see the two side by side

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillbilly View Post
    so is the micarta one-piece? or two scales? I like this idea..I may try it on my mora
    2 pieces, made like any other set of scales.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsvens89 View Post
    Very cool, I really like the look of that mora. You should toss a picture of that next to your 14 in there so it doesn't get tossed out of the subforum. I would also like to see the two side by side
    Good point man . Thanks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    For Nsvens and the mods so this thread isnt taken down:

    003 by CamH_16, on Flickr

    Nsvens, let me know if this is good enough.
    Last edited by CamH_16; 04-23-2012 at 11:08 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Beckerhead #4
    Posts
    14,621
    i got some strontium aluminate stuff, i've been painting layers on some acrylic BK14 handles. blue and green. not as bright as i'd like, but pretty good... apparently it's the acrylic based "fabric paint" - i have other ideas for it.

    i could probably do better with pure powder mixed with epoxy; tougher too
    Bladite

    '''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

    Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    i got some strontium aluminate stuff, i've been painting layers on some acrylic BK14 handles. blue and green. not as bright as i'd like, but pretty good... apparently it's the acrylic based "fabric paint" - i have other ideas for it.

    i could probably do better with pure powder mixed with epoxy; tougher too
    Yep, thats what I used (powder and epoxy).

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Palermo, New York
    Posts
    1,506
    Thanks man! I do really like the look of that mora! Nice work.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dothan, AL
    Posts
    1,574
    you need to do a how to man, you are a talented SOB..teach this old dog new tricks....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybush View Post
    you need to do a how to man, you are a talented SOB..teach this old dog new tricks....
    Sorry forgot to post that in the original post so thanks for reminding me...Will do that when I get my BK-7 done or if anyone sends me a spare becker as a demo (like thast gonna happen)...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Becker Head #220 / Polk City, FL
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by CamH_16 View Post
    Sorry forgot to post that in the original post so thanks for reminding me...Will do that when I get my BK-7 done or if anyone sends me a spare becker as a demo (like thast gonna happen)...
    If you cover shipping I'll give it a try, but that's probably gonna be twice what the knife cost anyhow...


    Quote Originally Posted by King Leonidas
    Molon Labe.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beckerhead #205 Western Australia
    Posts
    2,126
    Quote Originally Posted by oXide View Post
    If you cover shipping I'll give it a try, but that's probably gonna be twice what the knife cost anyhow...
    What are you talking about?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Becker Head #220 / Polk City, FL
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by CamH_16 View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Sending you a lab rat knife to make glow, and then send back for review.


    Quote Originally Posted by King Leonidas
    Molon Labe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •